Samson hates peppermint

Old July 15th 05, 04:43 PM
Debra

Default Samson hates peppermint

Have you ever seen a cat recoil and look totally horrified from just a
smell? It's so funny! Samson does it every time I try to pick him up
right after I brush my teeth, or if I have just chewed a Rolaids, or
had a starlight mint! He absolutely detests the scent of peppermint.
It is especially funny if he is standing on his hind legs and begging
with his eyes to be picked up like a human toddler does, then I bend
down and breathe in his direction, and immediately he changes his
mind, backs up slightly, and looks at me in horror.
Debra in VA
Old July 15th 05, 05:01 PM
Gennie

LOL! YES! Comet (RB) would always screw up her muzzle whenever I tried
to entice her to play with catnip toys. She would leap away, then run
off! Marietta, OTHO, is a total 'niphead!

Gennie

Old July 15th 05, 05:11 PM
CatNipped

"Debra" wrote in message
Have you ever seen a cat recoil and look totally horrified from just a
smell? It's so funny! Samson does it every time I try to pick him up
right after I brush my teeth, or if I have just chewed a Rolaids, or
had a starlight mint! He absolutely detests the scent of peppermint.
It is especially funny if he is standing on his hind legs and begging
with his eyes to be picked up like a human toddler does, then I bend
down and breathe in his direction, and immediately he changes his
mind, backs up slightly, and looks at me in horror.
Debra in VA

Mine do that too. I guess they have a different definition of dragon
breath! ;

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old July 15th 05, 05:53 PM
Debra

On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 11:17:28 -0500, "Karen" wrote:

Pearl gags if she smells something she doesn't like.

That's a hair trigger gag reflex. How is she? Doing better I hope.
Debra in VA
Old July 15th 05, 05:54 PM
Kreisleriana

On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 15:43:31 GMT, Debra
yodeled:

Have you ever seen a cat recoil and look totally horrified from just a
smell? It's so funny! Samson does it every time I try to pick him up
right after I brush my teeth, or if I have just chewed a Rolaids, or
had a starlight mint! He absolutely detests the scent of peppermint.
It is especially funny if he is standing on his hind legs and begging
with his eyes to be picked up like a human toddler does, then I bend
down and breathe in his direction, and immediately he changes his
mind, backs up slightly, and looks at me in horror.
Debra in VA

Yes-- but not from peppermint. Stinky luuuuuuuuuuurvs peppermint.
When I've just brushed my teeth, or rinsed, he has sometimes tried to
pry my mouth open to get at whatever smells so yummy.

Theresa
Old July 15th 05, 05:55 PM
Debra

On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 11:11:00 -0500, "CatNipped"

Mine do that too. I guess they have a different definition of dragon
breath! ;

Hugs,
CatNipped

Ha Ha! I guess they do!
Debra in VA
Old July 15th 05, 07:22 PM
Karen

"Debra" wrote in message
On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 11:17:28 -0500, "Karen" wrote:

Pearl gags if she smells something she doesn't like.

That's a hair trigger gag reflex. How is she? Doing better I hope.
Debra in VA

She seems to be doing better (other than her gas!). Much perkier and even
playing a bit.

Old July 15th 05, 08:21 PM
David

"Debra" wrote in message
Have you ever seen a cat recoil and look totally horrified from just a
smell? It's so funny! Samson does it every time I try to pick him up
right after I brush my teeth, or if I have just chewed a Rolaids, or
had a starlight mint! He absolutely detests the scent of peppermint.
It is especially funny if he is standing on his hind legs and begging
with his eyes to be picked up like a human toddler does, then I bend
down and breathe in his direction, and immediately he changes his
mind, backs up slightly, and looks at me in horror.
Debra in VA

Peppermint: The scrunched-up face that says EEEEEIIIIIIIUUUUUUUWWWWWW!

David

Old July 15th 05, 08:34 PM
Debra

On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 13:22:00 -0500, "Karen"
wrote:

"Debra" wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 11:17:28 -0500, "Karen" wrote:

Pearl gags if she smells something she doesn't like.

That's a hair trigger gag reflex. How is she? Doing better I hope.
Debra in VA

She seems to be doing better (other than her gas!). Much perkier and even
playing a bit.

That's good to hear.
Debra in VA