My cat stopped Meowing??

Old June 12th 07, 03:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

Default My cat stopped Meowing??

My cat, Sebastian, is an indoor/outdoor cat. He regularly plays
outside all day and comes in when he wants. But when I got home
today, Sebastian came inside with me and just opened his mouth like
he
would when he would meow, but nothing came out. I've never seen him
do this before, usually he's fairly vocal. Its been a few hours now
and he still just acts like he wants to meow, but can't. I'm kind of
concerned, could he have gotten into something outside, or can cats
lose their voice like people do if he overused it while he was
outside? If anyone knows of anything, I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks in advance.

Old June 12th 07, 04:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cindys

wrote in message
ups.com...
My cat, Sebastian, is an indoor/outdoor cat. He regularly plays
outside all day and comes in when he wants. But when I got home
today, Sebastian came inside with me and just opened his mouth like
he
would when he would meow, but nothing came out. I've never seen him
do this before, usually he's fairly vocal. Its been a few hours now
and he still just acts like he wants to meow, but can't. I'm kind of
concerned, could he have gotten into something outside, or can cats
lose their voice like people do if he overused it while he was
outside? If anyone knows of anything, I'd really appreciate it!

-------
Laryngitis in cats can be caused by several different conditions. Some of
the possibilities are (but not limited to): An allergy, an infection,
stress, granulomas, inflammation. When this happened to my cat, my vet
empirically injected her with cortisone, and her voice came back partially.
If the cortisone hadn't helped, the next step would have been for the vet to
look down her throat (under anesthesia). In the case of my cat, we were
trying to avoid anesthesia at all costs since she was elderly and had
advanced kidney failure. You need to take Sebastian to the vet to find out
what's wrong. Please let us know what the vet says.
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

Old June 14th 07, 11:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

I suggest you take the cat to the vets because something could be
seriously wrong with it!
Good luck
Emma

Stopped in my tracks Pat Cat anecdotes 4 August 2nd 06 12:26 AM
My cat stopped pee-ing? Ablang Cats - misc 2 February 25th 04 12:57 PM
My cat stopped pee-ing? Ablang Cats - misc 2 February 23rd 04 06:44 PM
My cat stopped pee-ing? Ablang Cats - misc 6 February 22nd 04 01:01 PM