Please... nooooo!!

Old June 21st 11, 06:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
~*LiveLoveLaugh*~[_2_]

Default Please... nooooo!!

Many of you have heard of my Miss Pooh Bear. She's my senior cat at age 17.
In the last week or so, she has started to stand in the middle of the
kitchen and howl. She's never been a big meower, so it definitely gets my
attention. Her bed is in the kitchen on a chair, there's fresh water in the
big bowl that is changed daily, and I even have dry kibble in a bowl up on
one of the chairs (where her bed is) so that she doesn't have to walk down
the hall to where the big cat kibble bowl is. I have poked and prodded at
her tummy, her legs, her neck and face. She doesn't flinch like anything is
bothering her, so I don't know what the yowling is about. I know she drinks
a ton of water, and it's probably early signs of diabetes or something to do
with her kidneys. I knew she uses the litter boxes a lot, but in the past
week or so, there seems to be a ton of urine in one of the boxes. I have
debated for days to take her to the vet. She is so old and rickety that I
haven't wanted to stress her out any. But I can't wait any longer. So she
has a 2:00 appt. (45 mins. from now). I'm so nervous. I want the vet to
tell me that she's just an old gal and nothing more... but I have the
feeling that there is more.

Fast purrs and prayers needed immediately for my Pooh!!

·.·´¨ ¨)) -:¦:-.
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
Laurie
((¸¸.·´ ..·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸ ·.·

*~*LiveLoveLaugh*~*

All that I am or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.
~Abraham Lincoln

Old June 21st 11, 06:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lisa Katt[_2_]

"~*LiveLoveLaugh*~" skrev i meddelandet
[...]

Purrs and prayers for Miss Pooh Bear.
Elisabet

Old June 21st 11, 06:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Lots of purrs on the way.

--
Adrian
Old June 21st 11, 07:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Prayers and purrs are on the way.
--
Joy

Wouldn't it be nice if whenever we messed up our life we could simply press
'Ctrl Alt Delete' and start all over?

Old June 21st 11, 08:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

On 2011-06-21, ~*LiveLoveLaugh*~ wrote:
... I know she drinks
a ton of water, and it's probably early signs of diabetes or something to do
with her kidneys. I knew she uses the litter boxes a lot, but in the past
week or so, there seems to be a ton of urine in one of the boxes. ...

It might be her kidneys - she is the right age. My old cat is a chronic
renal failure cat. She's been doing OK on Hills K/D for the last few months.
It's obvious Spotsie has slowed down in her old age, but she's not down for
the count yet.

Bud
Old June 22nd 11, 12:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

In ,
~*LiveLoveLaugh*~ typed:
[...]

Purrs and prayers for your Pooh.

Alas, I don't have any good news to tell you. Shmogg had the very same
symptoms at approximately the same age as your Pooh - the drinking, the
excess urine, and the howling at night. If he wasn't drinking, peeing or
eating (his appetite was always good) he just slept. Once I had gotten him
to the vet, the diagnosis was that he effectively no kidney function left
(no signs of diabetes), and the only loving thing left to do for him was to
send him to the Bridge. I sincerely hope this is not the same thing with
your Pooh.

Yowie