What's happening with Spicey?

Old November 28th 12, 11:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_4_]

Default What's happening with Spicey?

On Tue, 27 Nov 2012 21:34:14 -0500, Takayuki wrote:

On Mon, 26 Nov 2012 23:45:42 -0500, Cheryl
wrote:
On 11/26/2012 9:06 PM, jmcquown wrote:

On 11/26/2012 8:41 PM, pat Chlebowski wrote:

I also was wondering..I miss the updates..

Tak is probably tired. He's done such a wonderful job introducing
them!

He has a very demanding job and I'm so proud of him taking on Spicy. The
last report was very good so I'm thinking its probably even better now!

Yes, around major holidays, project schedules seem to get tighter than
usual. Maybe that's because there are fewer people, or maybe it's
because we were thinking in calendar days when planning.

Spicey is - extraordinarily cute. I follow her around the house like a
lovesick puppy, at a safe distance. She's quite patient with me these
days, and with Dot and Buster too.

I still can't quite figure out what their relationship, but Dot and
Buster practically treat her as though she's been a member of the
household from the dawn of time.

Old song: "Everybody loves a baby, that's why I'm in lovewith you --
pretty baby, pretty baby!"
Best wishes for future petting. MLB
Old November 28th 12, 08:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Takayuki" wrote in message
On Tue, 27 Nov 2012 01:05:39 -0000, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
It's probably going well. We cannot expect Tak to keep posting and
replying, he must be worn out. Lets hope no news is good news.
Spicey is one lucky cat. She's quite a bad girl.

Oh, she's quite good - at being bad.

If she were tame, she'd be the perfect housecat - pretty, clean, gets
along
well with other cats.

But she isn't tame, not really, is she? I admire you for taking her on.
KFC was not tame either after spending years outside waiting for my dogs to
pass away so she could move in.
She was difficult. She had a bad temper but at the same time some
beguiling ways. She always took her bad temper off on me, the one person
who cared for her. She could have shot herself in the foot there. I might
have said "You are off to the RSPCA now..." But I never did.

What I didn't like was how she was so lovely to everyone else. The most
charming cat in the world.
If she had been a child she might have been diagnosed with an attachment
disorder.
Tweed

Old November 29th 12, 01:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Judith Latham" wrote in message
wrote:
It's probably going well. We cannot expect Tak to keep posting and
replying, he must be worn out. Lets hope no news is good news. Spicey
is one lucky cat. She's quite a bad girl.

Oh, she's quite good - at being bad.

If she were tame, she'd be the perfect housecat - pretty, clean, gets
along well with other cats.

I would sat all in good time but she's moved on so well in the few weeks
she's been with you I think she'll start being a good cat but somehow I
think she may keep a little bit of mischief in her. Just to keep you on
your toes.

Judith

I'd call it more than mischief if I was considering jumping from the first
floor to avoid getting slashed.
Tweed

Old November 29th 12, 05:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

On Wed, 28 Nov 2012 07:01:45 +0000 (UTC), Bastette
wrote:
That's wonderful! I love watching cats hang around together when they
get along well.

Have you tried touch her or pet her recently? I know you're nervous about
it, with good reason.

Does she have the run of the house all the time now?

I do pet her very often now, but only a few strokes, and mostly just on the
top of her head. She's not used to being petted, and too much fussing sets
her off.

But when you pet her little head, she gets this blissful look on her face,
and she seems to suddenly grow long lashes over her big round eyes.

I separate Spicey from the others for a few hours a day, typically. It's
not because they don't get along, but because the cats like each others'
food, and I like to give them a chance to eat at leisure.
Old November 29th 12, 05:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

On Wed, 28 Nov 2012 20:15:10 -0000, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
But she isn't tame, not really, is she? I admire you for taking her on.
KFC was not tame either after spending years outside waiting for my dogs to
pass away so she could move in.
She was difficult. She had a bad temper but at the same time some
beguiling ways. She always took her bad temper off on me, the one person
who cared for her. She could have shot herself in the foot there. I might
have said "You are off to the RSPCA now..." But I never did.

What I didn't like was how she was so lovely to everyone else. The most
charming cat in the world.
If she had been a child she might have been diagnosed with an attachment
disorder.

I've also thought that it was extremely peculiar that she took things out
on you. It reminded me those help columns in newspapers where someone has a
sister or some other close relative that seems to get along with everyone
else, but gets on their nerves. But she always chose to be with you, and
with Boyfriend too.
Old November 29th 12, 05:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

On Wed, 28 Nov 2012 21:34:59 +0000 (GMT), Judith Latham
wrote:
I would sat all in good time but she's moved on so well in the few weeks
she's been with you I think she'll start being a good cat but somehow I
think she may keep a little bit of mischief in her. Just to keep you on
your toes.

At least, I sure don't ever see myself taking a shower with her snuggled
against my shoulder, like I once did with Betty.
Old November 29th 12, 05:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

On Thu, 29 Nov 2012 01:35:39 -0000, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
I'd call it more than mischief if I was considering jumping from the first
floor to avoid getting slashed.
Tweed

I was planning to go feet first and hang off the banister. I used to be a
rock climber, like 15 years ago. So jump and put some ice on my ankle,
or get chomped by Spicey and have the doctor give me a shot, it's about a
wash.
Old November 29th 12, 10:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Takayuki" wrote in message
On Wed, 28 Nov 2012 07:01:45 +0000 (UTC), Bastette
I do pet her very often now, but only a few strokes, and mostly just on
the
top of her head. She's not used to being petted, and too much fussing sets
her off.

But when you pet her little head, she gets this blissful look on her face,
and she seems to suddenly grow long lashes over her big round eyes.

Pooey Pruie, the cat of my childhood was exactly like that.
I could only pet his head otherwise he would slash.
He was an old feral intact tom we found nearly dying of starvation under
our hedge. The vet refused to neuter him, saying he was so old he'd die
under the anaesthetic.
He wasn't housetrained either. I was only 11 at the time but insisted on
keeping him, but after he pooed in my shoes overnight my mother insisted he
was put outside before we went to bed.
He used to wait for me to come home from school so I could pick him up and
take him into the house. He would not come in unless I picked him up. He
smelt awful, was very grumpy but I loved him and he seemed to love me.
I remember when my grandmother visited and Pruie was in the room. She said
to my mother "that cat stinks enough to blind you.." and he did.
Looking back, most mothers would have not agreed to have a stinking feral
boy in the house who pooed in her daughter's shoes but because I wanted it,
she did.

I remember him fondly. I think he primed me how to tolerate bad tempered
cats. I thought they were all like
that.

Tweed

What's happening? Joy Cat anecdotes 13 May 11th 11 06:41 AM
A little slide show of what is happening here Matthew[_3_] Cat anecdotes 5 August 21st 08 03:56 PM
So what's happening Conan? Helen Miles Cat health & behaviour 249 July 3rd 05 10:46 PM
What's Happening? jmcquown Cat anecdotes 21 December 5th 04 10:42 AM