Pet urns (kinda off topic)

Old November 10th 10, 04:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
~*LiveLoveLaugh*~[_2_]

Default Pet urns (kinda off topic)

"Granby" wrote in message ...

If you are blessed to find something that brings you comfort, then you are
indeed blessed.

------

Oh, I so agree. My girlfriend does nails for a living. She has a client
who wears the cylinder around her neck that holds some of her husband's
ashes. I think that's wonderful. Everyone is different tho'.

I took today to move Hap's ashes into the urn. But I'm not ready yet. He's
still in the large tin that I have tucked down in my bed on the pillow next
to me. I feel that when I put him in the urn, it will finalize things...
and I'm just not ready yet. I mean, I just CANNOT go there yet!! ( It
still hurts so much.

·.·´¨ ¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
Laurie
((¸¸.·´ ..·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸ ·.·

*~*LiveLoveLaugh*~*

All that I am or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.
~Abraham Lincoln

"Marina" wrote in message
On 05/11/2010 00:30, jmcquown wrote:

It may seem sort of gruesome but I'd rather not have to deal with the
details when I'm in shock. I was so unravelled when my dog Sampson died
I couldn't think straight. I really don't want to have to think about
these details when the time comes again.

Not gruesome at all. One day you'll be glad you thought of it beforehand.
When first Nikki and, later the same year, Frank died, I was thankful that
I had already thought out a plan for when they passed on. Nikki's death
especially was so unforeseen and sudden. When the vet asked me what I
wanted to do with her body, I would not have been able to make any
decisions then and there. But I'd already decided a couple of years
previously that I would have them both cremated and scatter their ashes on
their summer island that they loved.

The crematorium delivered their ashes in quite plain cardboard boxes, but
I didn't mind that since I was never going to keep the ashes around.
Except for a little bit of Frank's ashes that I keep in a locket around my
neck (actually, it's one of those cylinders for pets' collars. You can
screw it apart and insert a slip of paper with the pet's owner's contact
details. Well, I inserted a little of my heartcat's remains. Now, that may
seem gruesome to some, but it comforts me).

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.

Old November 10th 10, 05:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

I mean no disrespect but I can just see him sitting at the Bridge looking at
you and saying, Silly Human my spirit is here and in your heart. I still
love you. I DO believe in a place like the Bridge. You will do what you
have to do when the time is right for you.