Can I share my d*g poem in here?

Old November 21st 10, 05:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
~*LiveLoveLaugh*~[_2_]

Default Can I share my d*g poem in here?

I don't know anyone in the d*g ng, so I wanted to share in here... ('Hope
it's okay)!!

‘Ode to my Basset Hound

There’s a place here in my heart today,
Can’t seem to make it go away,
Drooling, slobber with every kiss,
Longing eyes is what I miss.
Sounds of barking so unique
Miss you down beside my feet.
Puppy thoughts to turning gray,
Miss you most since you went away.
Holding you close to my heart,
Hard to believe that we’re apart.
I hear you near me altho’ your gone,
Your howling words were your special song.
I held you close as you heard my goodbye,
I held you close as you began to die.
But I will shine on just for you,
Knowing in your heart what I must do.
I’ll go on and hold you close to me,
Cuz’ I know the day that we will see.
And we’ll bounce and flop and shout with joy,
For once again, you’ll be my boy!
But until that day when we are together,
I will love you now. I will love you forever.

~~Laurie (Happy’s Mom)

Old November 21st 10, 05:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
cshenk

"~*LiveLoveLaugh*~" wrote

I don't know anyone in the d*g ng, so I wanted to share in here... ('Hope
it's okay)!!

Bless you and the rpd set are mostly unusable so I welcome it here.

‘Ode to my Basset Hound

Bless you for this.

Old November 21st 10, 09:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Miz Piglett from the rpcc group reads this and remembers her dog/mom. This
is wonderful, thank you for shareing.

Old November 21st 10, 10:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

Beautiful poem Laurie. As I've said before, a loss is a loss no matter who
you love - it hurts just as badly.

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See the RPCA FAQ site, by Mark Edwards, at:
http://www.professional-geek.com/rpcablog/

Old November 22nd 10, 12:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Nov 21, 12:13*pm, "~*LiveLoveLaugh*~"
wrote:
I don't know anyone in the d*g ng, so I wanted to share in here... *('Hope
it's okay)!!

‘Ode to my Basset Hound

But I will shine on just for you,

Lovely poem. The dog newsgroups are hellish, or were the last time I
looked. And many of us, and many of our cats, love dogs too. I usually
snip so that posts and responses don't get too long but I couldn't
snip that line. It is a gem and you do shine on.

--
Will in New Haven

Old November 22nd 10, 01:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

[...]

That brought tears to my eyes, Laurie! Of course you can share it here! We
all have a love of animals in common, whatever differences we may have about
other things.

Joy

Old November 22nd 10, 01:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
~*LiveLoveLaugh*~[_2_]

wrote:
I don't know anyone in the d*g ng, so I wanted to share in here... ('Hope
it's okay)!!

‘Ode to my Basset Hound

But I will shine on just for you,

Lovely poem. The dog newsgroups are hellish, or were the last time I
looked. And many of us, and many of our cats, love dogs too. I usually
snip so that posts and responses don't get too long but I couldn't
snip that line. It is a gem and you do shine on.

-----

Thanks, Will. Am trying to really hang on, rather than shine on. It's 3
weeks ago today, but I hurt like it happened yesterday. And I agree with
you about the dog group. Not much to be said about it all.

Early mornings are rough here. I wake up and for those few moments, he's
there next to me on his cedar bed. Then reality hits and I have to relive
the hurt all over again. Thankfully I always have both of my Siamese
cuddled up next to me when I wake up. Instant love and scritches happen
before my feet even hit the floor!!

·.·´¨ ¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
Laurie
((¸¸.·´ ..·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸ ·.·

*~*LiveLoveLaugh*~*

All that I am or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.
~Abraham Lincoln

--
Will in New Haven

Old November 22nd 10, 06:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

"Will in New Haven" *wrote in ...

wrote:

[...]

That's why losing my Snowball was the hardest. I was living alone. No
cat or other dog or human. Feather, my RB cat, was easier and not
because Feather was one bit less beloved, but I had cats in the house
to give me comfort. I will always remember with gratitude how Carlos'
cat Bug and Micki's cat Maggie May stuck by me in that dark hour. They
are with Snowball and Feather now. Which Snowball appreciates as she
always loves cats.

--
Will in New Haven

Old November 22nd 10, 10:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

wrote:
[...]

I'm glad you have comforters to help you through this very hard time.

Joy

A poem Bill Graham Cat health & behaviour 8 July 3rd 10 03:28 AM
Poem mlbriggs Cat anecdotes 5 December 26th 07 09:26 PM
Cat poem Karen Cat anecdotes 2 September 8th 06 10:00 PM
Cat poem Chakolate Cat anecdotes 10 May 16th 06 09:18 AM
Cat Poem BuZZard Cat health & behaviour 2 March 3rd 05 08:50 AM