Clone?

Old September 2nd 03, 01:20 PM
bewtifulfreak

Default Clone?

Okay, I looked in the Meowchat glossary and the FAQ, and I can't find an
explaination....anyone care to clear this up for me?

Ann
slowly getting there....

--

http://www.angelfire.com/ca/bewtifulfreak

Old September 2nd 03, 08:46 PM
Spook

Okay, I looked in the Meowchat glossary and the FAQ, and I can't find an
explaination....anyone care to clear this up for me?

Ann
slowly getting there....

That's one I never heard of, and I've been reading this n.g. (and its
predecessor rpc) for over 6 years. It must be a new one.

Kami

--
emayl me at furpods at mindspring dot com
Old September 2nd 03, 08:47 PM
Spook

Okay, I looked in the Meowchat glossary and the FAQ, and I can't find an
explaination....anyone care to clear this up for me?

When us furrycats want to go on trips together or get together for a
party, we ask the Mothership to make a clone of us so we can teleport to
the party without our hoomins realizing we're gone.

Tabitha kitten

Dat soundz noo tu me. Mosta us haff our own teleporters an yewz em tu travel
round. We hide em frum our hoominz unner thuh bedz or in klozits.

Spook

--
emayl me at furpods at mindspring dot com
Old September 2nd 03, 08:55 PM
Dan and Nancy Mahoney

Dat soundz noo tu me. Mosta us haff our own teleporters an yewz em tu travel
round. We hide em frum our hoominz unner thuh bedz or in klozits.

Itz an idea that the furcats on rec.pets.cats.anecdotes came up with.
Check R.P.C.A. for Cap'n PineCone's thread about the ocean cruuze. The
kitties cruuzing with Capn Pine Cone have been gone for weeks now, and
had to arrange for clones so there hoomins wouldn't figure out what was
going on.

Tabitha kitten

Old September 2nd 03, 11:52 PM
Tabitha kitten

Spook's mom here. This is very interesting. RPC used to be one group. After
meowchat started, many readers of the n.g. didn't like it, so the MC
participants added "MEOW" to each Subject. But that wasn't enough, and after a
very long "war," the newsgroup was split so the cats would have their own group,
this one, to talk in.... and the hoomins would have theirs. It's very odd to me
that the cats now have a thread in rpca. Very strange.

Well, since I'm just a tiny little kitten I am not familiar at all with
that history

The tales of Cap'n Pinecone's voyage on R.P.C.A. are told without the
grammar of meowchat - probably just as well for the kitties in my
household, since our meowmie is a former school teacher and a stickler
for proper English, even from us kitties. But I'm trying hard to pick up
on meowchat so I can fit in better with my fellow felines. So are my
adopted siblings, but they're a little shy about getting on Usenet.

Tabitha Kitten

Old September 3rd 03, 02:34 PM
Spook

[...]

Meowchat iz fun wen yu get yewst tu it. Itz a lot ov furnetic eenglish an cat
wurdz, like Catifurnia. I dont fink thuh hoominz on thuh rpca wud like it at
all. Datz why we haff dis community noozgroup, fur thuh meowchat. Weev alwayze
had lotsa kitty venchurz heer, like thuh hunts fur the Souven's Eerz.

Spook

--
emayl me at furpods at mindspring dot com
Old September 4th 03, 01:46 AM
Spook

Meowchat iz fun wen yu get yewst tu it. Itz a lot ov furnetic eenglish an cat
wurdz, like Catifurnia. I dont fink thuh hoominz on thuh rpca wud like it at
all. Datz why we haff dis community noozgroup, fur thuh meowchat. Weev alwayze
had lotsa kitty venchurz heer, like thuh hunts fur the Souven's Eerz.

Spook

Did thuh Souven effur find itz eerz??

--- Unca Cory

Yu dont rememfur thoze hunts, Unka Cory? Da eerz seprate frum thuh Souvens wen
we cawt them, an we enjoyed lotsa barbeekewed Souven eerz. Thare reel tastee.
The Souvenz then grow new eerz.

Spook

--
emayl me at furpods at mindspring dot com
Old September 4th 03, 01:47 AM
Spook

[...]

Kami, remembering a bitter history

ISTR that the "non-meowchat" folks who *did* let their kitties talk
in a "non-meowchat" way, but did not join us here at RPCC *after* the
split, made their way to RPCA and have been there ever since, speaking
the "Queen's English" (or whatever that saying is), of course. ;-)

--- Cory

I have no idea, and I was very suprised to read that.

What's ISTR?

Kami

--
emayl me at furpods at mindspring dot com
Old September 4th 03, 03:39 AM
Tanada

Spook wrote:

Spook's mom here. This is very interesting. RPC used to be one group. After
meowchat started, many readers of the n.g. didn't like it, so the MC
participants added "MEOW" to each Subject. But that wasn't enough, and after a
very long "war," the newsgroup was split so the cats would have their own group,
this one, to talk in.... and the hoomins would have theirs. It's very odd to me
that the cats now have a thread in rpca. Very strange.

Kami, remembering a bitter history

Cap'n Pine Cone here.

If I were posting in anything other than RPCA, I wouldn't have been able
to get away with telling our pirate adventures. I'm not comfortable
using kitten English, as I was taught my the Fat Wench's other cats to
speak hoomin english. None of them were ever talked to in kitten
english and didn't know what it was until a couple of years ago.

The Fat Wench has been posting in RPCA for over five years now, and
feels comfortable enough in there to know that they are lenient enough
to tolerate my adventures, especially since I write them in hoomin
English. While she was never a part of the cat group wars, she can
understand how viscous they were, having read the other cat groups
before deleting them and finding the tone of voice in some of them to be
extreme, to be polite.

I've been posting my adventures in both RPCA and RPCC, lately, but have
posted messages in only RPCA before without being jumped on. Maybe the
hoomins are coming around and just know what a superior species we cats
are and are learning to give us our just attention.

Cap'n Pine Cone esq.
Old September 4th 03, 04:10 AM
Spook

[...]

Hiya Cap'n, pleezed tu meet ya. Iffen ya reed enuff posts heer in thuh rpcc
commewnitee, yewl see that eech cat haz itz own way of speekin, an sum speek in
hoomin tawk, jusst az yu du.

I wazint borned yet wen thoze warz tuk place, but Bootsie, Gizmo an Sassy wur
heer, an thay tell me thay wur awful horribull fur thuh hoomins. Affur thuh
warz, sum wur so unhappee that thay neffur postid heer agen. New kitteez showed
up, an we made frendz wiff dem.

Haff sum treets fresh frum thuh Soufstreet Seedaport in Mew York Citee....

Spook