Elderly cat vanished

Old August 22nd 06, 08:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
mikeface

Default Elderly cat vanished

I haven't seen my cat in 7 days and I don't think I ever will again. I
let our 19 year old indoor/outdoor cat outside last monday night. She
was clearly old, frail and in poor health but did not appear to be in
pain and spent the past weeks sleeping on our back porch. She was a
roamer in her younger days but rarely ventured off our property in her
later days.

Perhaps something very bad happened to her but I'm thinking that maybe
she wandered off to die alone. Someplace far away from my family & our
other pets. I was hoping that when her time was up she would die closer
to our home, but I can't find her anywhere. It's upsetting.

Does anyone have similar stories?
Old August 22nd 06, 09:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
-L.

mikeface wrote:
I haven't seen my cat in 7 days and I don't think I ever will again. I
let our 19 year old indoor/outdoor cat outside last monday night. She
was clearly old, frail and in poor health but did not appear to be in
pain and spent the past weeks sleeping on our back porch. She was a
roamer in her younger days but rarely ventured off our property in her
later days.

Perhaps something very bad happened to her but I'm thinking that maybe
she wandered off to die alone. Someplace far away from my family & our
other pets. I was hoping that when her time was up she would die closer
to our home, but I can't find her anywhere. It's upsetting.

Does anyone have similar stories?

I am so sorry to hear this. Look under your neighbors bushes. They
often will semi-bury themselves before expiring. Also, be sure to post
fliers in your neighborhood.

-L.

Old August 22nd 06, 09:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
bobbyt

Dont no why, but a lot of cats seem to want to hide away and spend
there last moments in a quiet place. Try looking in all its old
favourite haunts or behind bushes and so on. Chances are your pet may
have krept away to die alone, and doesnt know the anguish your going
through, i allways feel its better to find your pet, because at least
you then know whats happened and not forever wandering. if it gives you
any peace at all, theres a website called autumnwoods.co.uk where you
can treasure her forever. i found it quite comforting
fingers crossed for you, that she returns

Old August 22nd 06, 10:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
crickeh-re-hawd

mikeface wrote:
I haven't seen my cat in 7 days and I don't think I ever will again. I
let our 19 year old indoor/outdoor cat outside last monday night. She
was clearly old, frail and in poor health but did not appear to be in
pain and spent the past weeks sleeping on our back porch. She was a
roamer in her younger days but rarely ventured off our property in her
later days.

Perhaps something very bad happened to her but I'm thinking that maybe
she wandered off to die alone. Someplace far away from my family & our
other pets. I was hoping that when her time was up she would die closer
to our home, but I can't find her anywhere. It's upsetting.

Does anyone have similar stories?

When I first read the thread, I thought it said Elderly cat varnished
(with an R)

hehe

yes sounds like trigger went of and handled dey business

Im sorry.

crh