Tabitha'a new favorite food

Old December 7th 03, 11:23 PM
OU812?

Dan Mahoney wrote:
Tiny Tabitha kitten has enjoyed human food just about the entire time
she's been with us. She normally takes dainty little tastes of
whatever we're eating, being a very proper little lady.

Friday night Nancy and I visited a new Italian restaurant that just
opened up near us. Very good food, and plenty of it. We brought a
couple pieces of tiramasu home with us for dessert. When we opened up
the tiramasu Tabitha of course joined us. It turns out we have now
discovered her favorite food.

Instead of taking dainty little tastes, that fluffy little tiny kitten
started inhaling the desert like she was a vacuum cleaner or
something. I really believe that she got more of my dessert than I
did! Once she finished off most of my dessert she went over to help
Nancy with hers. She got more of the dessert than either of us did.

Tabitha is the *only* kitten I've ever experienced that enjoys sweets.

Dan

Tygra has an unusual craving for molasses cookies and comes running whenever
she smells any in the house.

Kristy
--
((
/\ /\ ))
# # # #
*Bomber*

Old December 7th 03, 11:38 PM
m. L. Briggs

On Sun, 07 Dec 2003 15:24:58 -0800, Dan Mahoney
wrote:

[...]

Please tell us what tiramasu is -- any idea of the ingredients? MLB
Old December 8th 03, 12:23 AM

m. L. Briggs wrote:

Dan Mahoney wrote:

Friday night Nancy and I visited a new Italian restaurant that just
opened up near us. Very good food, and plenty of it. We brought a couple
pieces of tiramasu home with us for dessert. When we opened up the
tiramasu Tabitha of course joined us. It turns out we have now
discovered her favorite food.

Instead of taking dainty little tastes, that fluffy little tiny kitten
started inhaling the desert like she was a vacuum cleaner or something.

Please tell us what tiramasu is -- any idea of the ingredients? MLB

Actually, I always thought there was some chocolate in it... but I'm
not sure. If there is, though, it probably shouldn't be a kitty indulgence,
unfortunately! I can't stand almond paste or almond extract, so I am one
of those bizarre humans who does not like tiramisu, in spite of whatever
other wonderful things might be in it. I'm just not sure what those things
are.

This reminds me of a fabulous dessert I used to make. It's made with
pound cake, chocolate, espresso, and rum. You slice the pound cake and
soak each slice in the rum and espresso, then put the slices together
in a cake pan with something in between each slice (can't remember
what - something sweet and buttery, I'm sure ). Then you pour melted,
sweetened chocolate over the whole thing, and chill in the refrigerator
overnight. When it's ready, the chocolate covering has hardened and breaks
off into thin "plates" of chocolate. Inside it's a juicy mix of cake,
espresso and rum. If there's any interest, I'll go look for the recipe.

Joyce
Old December 8th 03, 12:39 AM
Dan Mahoney

Please tell us what tiramasu is -- any idea of the ingredients? MLB

It's basically either cake or layers of lady-finger cookies, with almond
paste between the layers, and sprinkled lightly with chocolate powder.
It's often soaked in rum or brandy as well, but this restaurant doesn't
do that. Since chocolate isn't good for kitties I took the chocolate off
the top before I allowed Tabitha to help me.

Old December 8th 03, 01:11 AM
m. L. Briggs

On Sun, 07 Dec 2003 16:39:38 -0800, Dan Mahoney
wrote:

Please tell us what tiramasu is -- any idea of the ingredients? MLB

It's basically either cake or layers of lady-finger cookies, with almond
paste between the layers, and sprinkled lightly with chocolate powder.
It's often soaked in rum or brandy as well, but this restaurant doesn't
do that. Since chocolate isn't good for kitties I took the chocolate off
the top before I allowed Tabitha to help me.

Sounds delicious -- and fattening. I don't cook so just enjoy
thinking about it. Thanks. MLB
Old December 8th 03, 01:21 AM
Yoj

"Dan Mahoney" wrote in message
[...]

I've known a couple of cats who liked sweets. Tawny once ate an entire
frosted spice cake that my daughter had made with her little play baking
kit. It was about four or five inches in diameter, and about an inch
high. When Rudy was a kitten, he almost followed a Hostess Ding Dong
down my daughter's throat.

Joy

Old December 8th 03, 01:23 AM
OU812?

m. L. Briggs wrote:

Dan Mahoney wrote:

[...]

Here please!!

Kristy
--
((
/\ /\ ))
# # # #
*Bomber*

Old December 8th 03, 04:06 AM
Marina

wrote
When it's ready, the chocolate covering has hardened and breaks
off into thin "plates" of chocolate. Inside it's a juicy mix of cake,
espresso and rum. If there's any interest, I'll go look for the recipe.

I'm drooling here. Sounds heavenly!

--
Marina

Can Cats Eat Dog Food? JHBennett Cat anecdotes 31 January 29th 05 09:42 AM
Rosie's most favorite, wonderful food ever on the planet Jo Firey Cat anecdotes 7 November 29th 03 11:04 PM
pet food recall Lydia Cat anecdotes 1 October 27th 03 09:43 PM
Feeding dilemma Yoj Cat anecdotes 11 August 24th 03 11:48 PM