If we ever needed purrs

Old February 12th 07, 09:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley via CatKB.com

Default Almost a disaster

meeee wrote:
LMAO oh your Dunzi is such a character!! Lol did she get the ham sandwiches?

Nope but she managed to get some ham later when Dave decided nothing could be
finer than a toasted cheese and ham sandwich! As soon as you open the fridge
door, Dunzi is there, patting your leg as if to say "Don't forget me down
here! Please!"

Sarsi just expects ham as her rightful tribute- where did she get her Goddess
complex from? I'd like to know!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old February 12th 07, 08:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
meeee

"Lesley via CatKB.com" u27720@uwe wrote in message
meeee wrote:
LMAO oh your Dunzi is such a character!! Lol did she get the ham
sandwiches?

Nope but she managed to get some ham later when Dave decided nothing could
be
finer than a toasted cheese and ham sandwich! As soon as you open the
fridge
door, Dunzi is there, patting your leg as if to say "Don't forget me down
here! Please!"

Sarsi just expects ham as her rightful tribute- where did she get her
Goddess
complex from? I'd like to know!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Oh, goodness, there's always at least one like that. Tahzha's been teaching
it to all the kittens, I can't even enter the kitchen right now without all
8 of them attempting to convince that they're *starving* to death and they
need, not just tins, but Hoomin fuds *right Now*

Old February 13th 07, 09:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley via CatKB.com

meeee wrote:

Oh, goodness, there's always at least one like that. Tahzha's been teaching
it to all the kittens, I can't even enter the kitchen right now without all
8 of them attempting to convince that they're *starving* to death and they
need, not just tins, but Hoomin fuds *right Now*

No cat will ever beat Isis (RB) for her sad little mew that wavered in the
middle as if to say "I am so starved I haven't even got the strength to mew
properly"

Then again she was the emeritus professor of feline cuteness. Cat haters
would fall for her

Old February 13th 07, 09:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
meeee

meeee wrote:

Oh, goodness, there's always at least one like that. Tahzha's been
teaching
it to all the kittens, I can't even enter the kitchen right now without
all
8 of them attempting to convince that they're *starving* to death and they
need, not just tins, but Hoomin fuds *right Now*

No cat will ever beat Isis (RB) for her sad little mew that wavered in the
middle as if to say "I am so starved I haven't even got the strength to
mew
properly"

Lol I can hear it now....

Then again she was the emeritus professor of feline cuteness. Cat haters
would fall for her

Lol I love cats who do that! I recently had my sister staying with me, a
self confessed Eww! Animals! person, but after a week of consistant purring
and gazing-with-adoration I found her curled up on the lounge with several
of the kittens...'Well, they just climbed onto me!' she said...

Old February 15th 07, 11:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley via CatKB.com

meeee wrote:
LMAO oh your Dunzi is such a character!!

She's excelled herself yesterday. A lady came round to measure Dave's chair
and Dunzi came flying out to see the visitor and was all over her. Even Sarsi
deigned to stick her head round the door and get some skritches.

The poor woman was nearly in tears apparently, she's from New Zealand and has
her owners staying there with her parents and seeing Dunzi made her realise
how much she misses them.

Apparently, the visit took 4 times longer than anticipated because of the
excessive amount of skritching she had to give Dunzi who wasn't taking no for
an answer

Old February 19th 07, 11:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley via CatKB.com

I wish I'd had a camera handy!

Am keeping one on hand in case it happens again!

Dave's using a thing called a Gutter Frame- it's like a taller version of a
Zimmer but with two "Gutters" to rest your arms in. These are quite wide,
perhaps not too wide but just wide enough for a small cat to squeeze into
them

And they are fleece lined... and there was straps which are currently hanging
down where they can be comfortably played with by a contented cat lying in
the gutter

And to finish it all off it's standing right next to the big radiator and the
gutters are just above the top of the radiator where all the heat rises to.

Yesterday afternoon both of them took their long naps curled up in one gutter
each!

Very sweet indeed

Old February 19th 07, 02:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

Lesley via CatKB.com wrote:
[...]

I often wish I had a camera built into my glasses, I see so many cute things
it would be nice just to press a button and get a pictue. Camera phones are
getting better all the time, maybe I'll eventually get one of those then
I'll be more likely to have it with me when I want it.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old February 26th 07, 09:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley via CatKB.com

Adrian A wrote:

I often wish I had a camera built into my glasses, I see so many cute things
it would be nice just to press a button and get a pictue. Camera phones are
getting better all the time, maybe I'll eventually get one of those then
I'll be more likely to have it with me when I want it.

I've got a camera phone but it's no help with the Fabulous Furballs. As soon
as they realise I'm using it that "adorable cute pose" that was the reason I
got it out in the first place seems to disapear

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous (But camera shy) Furballs

Old February 28th 07, 01:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley via CatKB.com

Shorter than usual vent but still a vent!

Dave had to climb up and down the stairs to our flat yesterday- he's done it
before so he didn't anticipate any problems and went down in under 3 minutes
then walked the length of the hallway unaided 3-4 times.

Then got stuck on the corner going back up- I mean seriously stuck, Katie
even called an ambulance because she thought he was going to have to be
stretchered back to the flat. Luckily someone else from the team turned up
and with help he managed to get in before the ambulance came.

So he's feeling pretty low at the moment.

And Katie mentioned that he really needed room to practice his walking and
how would he feel about going back into Thames House for a short while? She
thinks he'll really make progress there but is unclear whether we are talking
him getting down there in the morning and leaving in the afternoon, which if
he can't handle the stairs isn't going to happen so more likely he might be
back in there for a week or so....

As you can imagine he's just a tiny bit miserable as Sin at the moment

Old March 2nd 07, 10:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley via CatKB.com

Yet more incompetence!

Dave is supposed to be going to the Footwear Service this morning.
Appointment at 10.30, ambulance booked. Community Team worker organised to
turn up early and let the driver in. I called the department a week last
Tuesday on advice of one of the team workers to make it clear there was no
lift and it was a two person job. Dave equipped with keys (Checked they
worked), mobile (Made sure it was charged up), money (They said he might be
seen by 10.30 but would probably have to wait until 3-4 for the return trip
so I made sure he would have enough pennies to buy lunch from the canteen, a
newspaper, coffee etc etc). Team worker arrived at 9.15 to find Dave dressed,
washed, sitting on his chair with all the things he needed about his person

Ambulance arrived at 9.30 as expected.....

Only one ambulance crew....Dave calls the hospital to explain he won't be
able to make the appointment because despite being told, they hadn't sent a
two man crew.

Snotty jobsworth informs him as it says on the letter, if you don't attend an
appointment where an ambulance has been ordered or don't cancel more than 24
hours before the appontment, they take you off the list and don't offer
another appointment without a new referral from your doctor and hangs up
before Dave can reply

Community Team people are planning to go to the department and kick someone
very hard and get another appointment. We're all puzzled anyway as to why he
needs this appointment, apparently it's so he can get out of those awful
shoes and back into normal ones. The Community Team don't see why he
shouldn't at least for physio wear soft trainers, (Another expense for yours
truly!)

You just couldn't make any of this up could you?