safe product to deter scratching on leather?

Old March 1st 09, 05:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lynne

Default safe product to deter scratching on leather?

cybercat wrote:

I don't really think anyone thinks this is cute any more. But you can keep
trying.

he's still a F'N idiot
Old March 1st 09, 06:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Lynne" wrote in message
m...
cybercat wrote:

I don't really think anyone thinks this is cute any more. But you can
keep trying.

he's still a F'N idiot

I should have listened to you the first time. I am a bigger idiot than he
is. He's at least smart enough to manipulate.

Old March 2nd 09, 02:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lynne

cybercat wrote:

I should have listened to you the first time. I am a bigger idiot than he
is. He's at least smart enough to manipulate.

There's no shame in being trusting and kind. That is what manipulative,
lying, using SOB's like him count on... good people to take advantage
of. Live and learn, right?
Old March 2nd 09, 03:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Lynne" wrote in message
m...
cybercat wrote:

I should have listened to you the first time. I am a bigger idiot than he
is. He's at least smart enough to manipulate.

There's no shame in being trusting and kind. That is what manipulative,
lying, using SOB's like him count on... good people to take advantage of.
Live and learn, right?

Right. Thank you.

Old March 14th 09, 10:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lynne

well I came up with an interesting and effective solution all by my
lonesome! I purchased some of those plastic carpet protectors with the
spikes on the bottom, and fashioned "arm covers" out of them with the
spikes sticking out. They sit on the corners of the couch in the areas
where the cats like to scratch (both on the arms and the back corners of
the one couch that floats). They are pretty sturdy so I was able to
cut, bend and staple them into form fitting covers without having to do
a thing to the leather. I can remove them just by lifting them off when
I want to. The cats are both using the heck out of the scratchers now,
and hopefully I will be able to remove the protection after a few months
and they will have successfully been "trained." Woot!