When An Animal in Your Care is suffering, You don't SIT THERE and do NOTHING

Old March 6th 09, 04:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

Default When An Animal in Your Care is suffering, You don't SIT THERE and do NOTHING

"cshenk" wrote in message
wrote
Clara Semps wrote

the next 3 months, except for the animals, of course, or... ? Well, I
hear ranting but I don't hear solutions. There are no easy answers
cybercat. I feel your frustration. Can you feel mine? Or are you so
caught up in your anger that you can't see the forest for the trees?

Clara:

Cats are simply the means by which Cyber visits her frustrations on
the world (at least as she perceives it here in this NG) so that she
is absolved of having to actually do something about them. In this
singular venue, she remains 'superior' to the rest of the great
unwashed and is permitted to visit judgment upon them without
consequence.

Harshly put but possibly true.

Let it rest. She won't change and by engaging her all you do is reduce
your happiness.

Definately true.

You know, while I appreciate the valuable psychological analysis, the fact
is, we are all entitled to our opinions. I measure my own humanity in part
by how well I take care of those who cannot take care of themselves, and
they are not all feline.

I am disgusted by Clara and others who simply justify their own selfish lack
of regard for their animals with these kinds of disingenuous arguments. I am
particularly disgusted with you, cshenk, as you should know better. You can
bet that while this insipid bitch is not taking her animal to the vet, she
is not doing without. Not one bit.

This is a cat group. We like cats. When they are sick, we like to take care
of them. We might even get into our retirement accounts to do so! Just
amazing.

Have fun analyzing my character. I guess you could say that anyone with
strongly held convictions holds said convictions in order to "feel
superior," and/or takes a stand to vent life's frustrations. You're entitled
to your opinions.

To respond to these heartfelt (sob!) critisicms of my cruel nature, I would
like to say that I would be ever so kind and gentle if these ****ing idiots
would just go on about their business of neglecting their animals and
allowing them to suffer without posting about it in a Usenet group. That
would make me feel so much better about my miserable little life, I might
not be "harsh" at all.

Assholes.

Old March 6th 09, 01:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Magic Mood Jeep

"Janet" wrote in message
Magic Mood Jeep wrote:

Don't blame Reagan - he brought this country OUT of a recession!

I'm wondering how old you are.

Despite Republican mythology in intervening years, Reagan's first
administration featured a major recession. Reagan proceeded to
enormously multiply the national debt, and was responsible for such
innovations as classifying ketchup as a vegetable in school llunches for
poor children.

The term "voodoo economics" was coined by Bush the elder to describe
Reagan's policies.

One of his better moments.

I was an adult in the 80's, so I remember it. It may have been "voodoo
economics", but it worked and got US out of it.

her
wipe out Bunny's world domination.
--
The ONE and ONLY
former-blonde

Old March 9th 09, 12:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
dgk

On Fri, 6 Mar 2009 08:15:48 -0500, "Magic Mood Jeep"
wrote:

"Janet" wrote in message
Magic Mood Jeep wrote:

Don't blame Reagan - he brought this country OUT of a recession!

I'm wondering how old you are.

Despite Republican mythology in intervening years, Reagan's first
administration featured a major recession. Reagan proceeded to
enormously multiply the national debt, and was responsible for such
innovations as classifying ketchup as a vegetable in school llunches for
poor children.

The term "voodoo economics" was coined by Bush the elder to describe
Reagan's policies.

One of his better moments.

I was an adult in the 80's, so I remember it. It may have been "voodoo
economics", but it worked and got US out of it.

..

Nope, Reagan began the dismantling of controls on big capitalism. That
led directly to the looting of our treasury by the very wealthy, as
shown by the ever growing gap between the extremely wealthy and
everyone else. Globalization moved good paying jobs overseas where big
capital could make even more money and leave American workers with
less.

Trickle down has failed miserably. Tax cuts on the wealthy have raised
taxes on the rest of us while that capital has been looted. Our
infrastructure has rotted away while huge profits went out of country.

I voted for Obama but don't think even he can pull us out of this one.
The jobs are gone, the industries are gone, and all we have left are
"financial professionals" pushing around paper. That's our legacy of
Reagan. He was a fascist and started us down the road to what will
likely become a fascist state as things get worse.

It worked in the short run but bankrupted us in the long run. It could
never have done otherwise. The four words that need to be remembered
here are "too big to fail". Once our corporations became too big and
too interlocked, we can't let them fail. So they made abysmal
decisions that we now have to live with. We really should just let
them all collapse, as the moron Republican assholes mouth off about,
but thinking people know we don't have that option. That will just
make things even worse.

There are no easy answers. That's what makes for good facism. They
have easy answers for everything and morons like you will go along
with it.
Old March 13th 09, 03:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
dejablues[_4_]

"cybercat" wrote in message

"cshenk" wrote in message
[...]

I'd love for these people to post their cat neglect stories on the
somethingawful.com Pet Island forum. after the reaming they'd get there,
they'd think you were a kindly fairy godmother.

Old March 13th 09, 03:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"dejablues" wrote in message

"cybercat" wrote in message

"cshenk" wrote in message
[...]

Here's the thing, dgk: because my main concern is the animals, that makes me
a sociopath. In order to be liked and likable I must make the PEOPLE feel
BETTER no matter what they do or do not do with regard to caring for their
animals. I should be here to make fwends, see. This is just one big social
networking circle jerk, not a forum for people who really love cats and want
to discuss health and behavior.

Old March 13th 09, 07:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
dejablues[_4_]

"cybercat" wrote in message

"dejablues" wrote in message

"cybercat" wrote in message

"cshenk" wrote in message
[...]

Animals can't speak for themselves. Someone has to.
People, I could care less about, and like you, I feel no need to be nice.

Old March 14th 09, 08:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lynne

cybercat wrote:

Here's the thing, dgk: because my main concern is the animals, that makes me
a sociopath. In order to be liked and likable I must make the PEOPLE feel
BETTER no matter what they do or do not do with regard to caring for their
animals. I should be here to make fwends, see. This is just one big social
networking circle jerk, not a forum for people who really love cats and want
to discuss health and behavior.

Amen, sister! I am right there with you, however I can't take all the
a-holes. Keep fighting the good fight!