Goofy Rainbow bridge also

Old June 14th 16, 09:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matt Ferrari[_3_]

Default Goofy Rainbow bridge also

I didn't mean to take over on mayhems(RB) thread.

Goofy had been declining in health. he was losing weight had stopped eating
as much and then started filling up with fluid.

The night before his vet visit he didn't sleep well like on his side as
usual. His breathing was very heavy.
The vet examined him and guessed he probably had heart failure or some other
cancer related issue that was causing the weight loss and fluid build up.
There was no guarantee that any treatment would extend his life or work.
Because Goofy was 16 we decided to send him to the bridge rather than let
him decline more. It was a very peaceful end. I stayed with him all the way
through. Goofy didn't suffer at all at the end.

It was a loving sacrifice. Very painful to go through though, I knew it was
gonna hurt but not this much.

Thanks for your words of kindness

Matt

Old June 14th 16, 10:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 6/14/2016 4:50 PM, Matt Ferrari wrote:
[...]

And again, please accept my sympathy purrs.

Jill
Old June 14th 16, 11:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy[_3_]

On 6/14/2016 1:50 PM, Matt Ferrari wrote:
[...]

Yes, we know we are doing the loving thing, but it still hurts
unbelievably. I'm so sorry.

Joy

Old June 15th 16, 11:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Matt Ferrari wrote:

I didn't mean to take over on mayhems(RB) thread.

Goofy had been declining in health. he was losing weight had stopped eating
as much and then started filling up with fluid.

The night before his vet visit he didn't sleep well like on his side as
usual. His breathing was very heavy.
The vet examined him and guessed he probably had heart failure or some other
cancer related issue that was causing the weight loss and fluid build up.
There was no guarantee that any treatment would extend his life or work.
Because Goofy was 16 we decided to send him to the bridge rather than let
him decline more. It was a very peaceful end. I stayed with him all the way
through. Goofy didn't suffer at all at the end.

It was a loving sacrifice. Very painful to go through though, I knew it was
gonna hurt but not this much.

Thanks for your words of kindness

I'm so sorry, Matt! I've always enjoyed your posts about Goofy and the
cute pictures that you usually included. He will be missed. :-(

Joyce

Old June 20th 16, 07:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Matt Ferrari" wrote in message
[...]

I think you did the right thing. I'm sorry, I know how hard it is. Been
there, done it. Condolences for his loss. It is never easy, although you
know you are making the right decision.
Purrs for your heart.

Old June 25th 16, 01:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matt Ferrari[_3_]

"Christina Websell" wrote in message
I think you did the right thing. I'm sorry, I know how hard it is. Been
there, done it. Condolences for his loss. It is never easy, although you
know you are making the right decision.
Purrs for your heart.

thanks.

Rainbow Bridge shirleycatuk Cat anecdotes 17 May 17th 09 02:45 PM
15: Rainbow Bridge David Stevenson Cat anecdotes 0 February 11th 07 01:26 AM
Rainbow Bridge Bev Cat anecdotes 3 May 25th 04 11:32 PM
Rainbow Bridge Bev Cat anecdotes 3 April 5th 04 08:15 PM
Rainbow bridge? Tony Stanford Cat health & behaviour 2 August 12th 03 10:36 AM