Kitty counterpressure

Old February 13th 07, 03:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Susan M

Default Kitty counterpressure

A great relief for labour pain is when somebody applies pressure against
your back during a contraction. This is called counterpressure.

Lastnight, I spent two hours on all fours trying to reduce the cramping that
I was having (still no baby) and Otis decided to help.

He climbed up on my back and meatloafed with me, right on the painful small
of my back. He's so self-centered that I'm virtually certain he was unaware
that he was helping, but it was nice to have the company anyway :-)

Susan M
Otis and Chester

Old February 13th 07, 03:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Karen wrote:
I love it when they do that (rare for me) and I'm not even pregnant!

Persia does that on my shoulder, which obviously has nothing to do with
pregnancy (I'm too old to get that way) but sure feels good!

Purrs for the baby to come soon, Susan!

Jill

Old February 13th 07, 03:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Susan M wrote:

He climbed up on my back and meatloafed with me, right on the painful small
of my back. He's so self-centered that I'm virtually certain he was unaware
that he was helping, but it was nice to have the company anyway :-)

LOL! Go Otis, even if you don't know you're helping.

Pics at http://s120.photobucket.com/albums/o185/frankiennikki/
http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/frankiennikki/
http://community.webshots.com/user/frankiennikki
Old February 13th 07, 04:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
puzzledwoeman

On Feb 13, 10:29 am, "Susan M" wrote:
A great relief for labour pain is when somebody applies pressure against
your back during a contraction. This is called counterpressure.

Lastnight, I spent two hours on all fours trying to reduce the cramping that
I was having (still no baby) and Otis decided to help.

He climbed up on my back and meatloafed with me, right on the painful small
of my back. He's so self-centered that I'm virtually certain he was unaware
that he was helping, but it was nice to have the company anyway :-)

Susan M
Otis and Chester

How nice of Otis!

There is a t.v. commercial airing these days that shows a grey cat
kneading a woman's shoulder.

Very cute behavior.

Sincerely,

Puzzledwoeman

Old February 13th 07, 05:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jo Firey

"Susan M" wrote in message
A great relief for labour pain is when somebody applies pressure against
your back during a contraction. This is called counterpressure.

Lastnight, I spent two hours on all fours trying to reduce the cramping
that I was having (still no baby) and Otis decided to help.

He climbed up on my back and meatloafed with me, right on the painful
small of my back. He's so self-centered that I'm virtually certain he was
unaware that he was helping, but it was nice to have the company anyway
:-)

Susan M
Otis and Chester

Given that its Otis, he probably thought he was helping the way they think
sitting on the newspaper is helping when you try to read it. But nice
anyway.

Jo

Old February 13th 07, 05:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jo Firey

"puzzledwoeman" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Feb 13, 10:29 am, "Susan M" wrote:
A great relief for labour pain is when somebody applies pressure against
your back during a contraction. This is called counterpressure.

Lastnight, I spent two hours on all fours trying to reduce the cramping
that
I was having (still no baby) and Otis decided to help.

He climbed up on my back and meatloafed with me, right on the painful
small
of my back. He's so self-centered that I'm virtually certain he was
unaware
that he was helping, but it was nice to have the company anyway :-)

Susan M
Otis and Chester

How nice of Otis!

There is a t.v. commercial airing these days that shows a grey cat
kneading a woman's shoulder.

Very cute behavior.

There are tons more cats in commercials this year, and most with interesting
cats and interesting cat behaviors. I'm just loving it.

(I'm also thinking there is someone in advertising channeling this group.)

Jo

Old February 13th 07, 06:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
mlbriggs

On Tue, 13 Feb 2007 08:29:30 -0700, Susan M wrote:

A great relief for labour pain is when somebody applies pressure against
your back during a contraction. This is called counterpressure.

Lastnight, I spent two hours on all fours trying to reduce the cramping that
I was having (still no baby) and Otis decided to help.

He climbed up on my back and meatloafed with me, right on the painful small
of my back. He's so self-centered that I'm virtually certain he was unaware
that he was helping, but it was nice to have the company anyway :-)

Susan M
Otis and Chester

Are you checking in with your doctor regularly?? What is you "due date?"
I cannot help but worry about how uncomfortable you are. Purrs that you
will soon be holding the wee (?) one in your arms. MLB

Old February 13th 07, 06:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Susan M

"mlbriggs" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 13 Feb 2007 08:29:30 -0700, Susan M wrote:
Are you checking in with your doctor regularly?? What is you "due date?"
I cannot help but worry about how uncomfortable you are. Purrs that you
will soon be holding the wee (?) one in your arms. MLB

Seeing the doc regularly and again this afternoon. The baby is moving lots
and I'm only 6 days overdue. I have an ultrasound, if needed, this Friday
AM and, if I don't give birth naturally by Monday, they will want to induce,
and this will be 11 days overdue.

The discomfort has worried me too since I don't remember it from before -
but then again it was so long ago. I've spoken to my doula and she assures
me that its normal and I will check also with the doc.

I think that this is nature's way of making you actually want to go into
labour and give birth. Considering my fear of going back to baby days after
having two older functioning kids, I think my body is going to provide a lot
of discomfort until I am willing to let go and go there! Every day now is
"the last day" that such and such will happen for a few years. The last day
we can shop all together without strollers and car seats, the last meal out
as a family without high chairs and worrying about baby crying, the last
single trip to the market with my daughter talking about the meaning of life
and so on ...

Susan M
Otis and Chester

Old February 13th 07, 07:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
kilikini

Susan M wrote:
A great relief for labour pain is when somebody applies pressure
against your back during a contraction. This is called
counterpressure.

Lastnight, I spent two hours on all fours trying to reduce the
cramping that I was having (still no baby) and Otis decided to help.

He climbed up on my back and meatloafed with me, right on the painful
small of my back. He's so self-centered that I'm virtually certain
he was unaware that he was helping, but it was nice to have the
company anyway :-)

Susan M
Otis and Chester

You poor thing, but what a wonderful supporter Otis is (even if he doesn't
know it!) :~)

kili
--
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/kilikini