Request for Help

Old September 23rd 09, 12:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

Default Request for Help

Hey guys. I'm sorry I haven't been posting for a while - the pain is worse
and the depression even worse than the pain, so typing is just too hard
physically *and* emotionally. And even more than that, I just didn't want
to come on here and whine again, so I just haven't posted at all. I lurk
and read when I can and I try to send purrs to everyone in need.

However, I do have an on-topic request. Archer has finally managed to
completely denude his latest in a line of feathered sticks. Now these are
not just any old feathered sticks - they are very special and need to be
made exactly to his specifications (a small stick - not one of those huge
ones they make - with feathers, but
ESPECIALLY with plastic, colorful streamers (which last much longer than the
feathers as you can see in the following video) and NO jingle bell on it
(although that's a minor inconvenience that I can cut off). Here is one
(the one before this one) that was almost gone but still beloved:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flI3m...layer_embedded

Here is what it looked like when it was new and when Archer first fell in
love with this specific toy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOLhl...layer_embedded

The one he has now has just about given up the ghost - it has only one piece
of one streamer left (but he still goes absolutely crazy when he plays with
it to the point that every other cat leaves the room when they see him start
to play with it).

Well, PetsMart, for some unknown reason has stopped selling these specific
toys. The ONLY place I've found them even online is a UK company:
http://www.petcompany.co.uk/acatalog...ER__10.00.html

Has anyone seen this particular toy anywhere? If you have, I will send you
the money to purchase it and the cost of shipping. And you will have
Archer's undying gratitude.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old September 23rd 09, 12:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

Default Request for Help - PS

This is the toy that, in the middle of hurricane Ike, just when a tornado
was passing about 20 feet from my home, Archer who had been sticking to me
like glue, jumped down off the bed, raced across my sitting room floor, shot
up the stairs like a bolt of lightning, rushed across the great room floor,
then reversed and came barreling back down the stairs and jumped back up on
my bed..... with his stick toy in his mouth! *That's* how much he loves
that toy. He must have thought, in his little cat brain, that should be all
die in the disaster, heaven just wouldn't be heaven without his feathered
stick! ;

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old September 23rd 09, 02:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_2_]

"CatNipped" wrote in message
Hey guys. I'm sorry I haven't been posting for a while - the pain is
worse and the depression even worse than the pain, so typing is just too
hard physically *and* emotionally. And even more than that, I just didn't
want to come on here and whine again, so I just haven't posted at all. I
lurk and read when I can and I try to send purrs to everyone in need.

I will look around, but I am so sorry you are feeling so bad. Dante purrs
all the time-- he is a perpetual purrer, like those monks or nums who do
nothing but pray for the world. So there are plenty of purrs going your
way.

((((((((((Lori))))))))))

--
Theresa and Dante

Stinky Forever: http://pets.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh

Old September 23rd 09, 02:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL

"CatNipped" wrote in message
Hey guys. I'm sorry I haven't been posting for a while - the pain is
worse and the depression even worse than the pain, so typing is just too
hard physically *and* emotionally. And even more than that, I just didn't
want to come on here and whine again, so I just haven't posted at all. I
lurk and read when I can and I try to send purrs to everyone in need.

However, I do have an on-topic request. Archer has finally managed to
completely denude his latest in a line of feathered sticks. Now these are
not just any old feathered sticks - they are very special and need to be
made exactly to his specifications (a small stick - not one of those huge
ones they make - with feathers, but
ESPECIALLY with plastic, colorful streamers (which last much longer than
the feathers as you can see in the following video) and NO jingle bell on
it (although that's a minor inconvenience that I can cut off). Hugs,

CatNipped

Does this look like the toy you want? If so, it can be ordered online.
http://tinyurl.com/m6zw5c

MaryL

Old September 23rd 09, 12:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

try the walmart site to store thing, they have the regular walmart fare but
also things like the refills for the turboscratcher at about half the
petmsmart price, and wally doesn't even have them in the store anymre, Lee

Old September 23rd 09, 03:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dberrycat

On Sep 22, 7:26*pm, "CatNipped" wrote:
snip

Hugs,

CatNipped

I'm so sorry to hear about your continued pain. I had hoped that the
treatment you were getting would help. Purrs from my 6 + 1 foster
and healing thoughts from me.

I will be going shopping at PetCo on Fri. I have seen some cat
teasers
like the one in the video there in the past. If they have any I will
pick up a couple for you and let you know.

Debbie
Old September 23rd 09, 04:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine BA[_2_]

dberrycat kirjoitti:
On Sep 22, 7:26 pm, "CatNipped" wrote:
snip
Hugs,

CatNipped

I'm so sorry to hear about your continued pain. I had hoped that the
treatment you were getting would help. Purrs from my 6 + 1 foster
and healing thoughts from me.

I will be going shopping at PetCo on Fri. I have seen some cat
teasers
like the one in the video there in the past. If they have any I will
pick up a couple for you and let you know.

Debbie

PetCo seems to have at least this one:
http://www.petco.com/product/106795/...tSupplies_Toys
or
http://tinyurl.com/lupmch

It does have a bell tho...

It's on sale on the internet for $3.99 (normally $6.99).

--
Christine in Finland
christal63 (at) gmail (dot) com
Old September 23rd 09, 04:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatEyes

"Christine BA" wrote in message
dberrycat kirjoitti:
[...]

That looks like it, but I don't know about the "jumbo" part. We bought a
HUGE feathered stick for him just like the small one, thinking he'd like
that one even better, but he didn't like it at all. But 24" sounds about
right, and it doesn't cost all that much, so I think I'll go ahead and order
one.

Thanks!

Hugs,

Lori

Old September 23rd 09, 04:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatEyes

"CatNipped" wrote in message
[...]

That might be it - but it says there's limited availability, so maybe the
link Christine gave is a better way to go. But thank you so much for the
search, that's really kind of you and it's appreciated.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old September 23rd 09, 08:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
BfloPolska

On Sep 22, 7:26*pm, "CatNipped" wrote:
Hey guys. *I'm sorry I haven't been posting for a while - the pain is worse
and the depression even worse than the pain, so typing is just too hard
physically *and* emotionally. *And even more than that, I just didn't want
to come on here and whine again, so I just haven't posted at all. *I lurk
and read when I can and I try to send purrs to everyone in need.

(respectful snip)

Oy. I'm sorry you're feeling so awful! I hope you consider seeing
someone about the depression. Treatment can do great wonders. As I am
chronic pain my self I know that one tends to feed off the other like
zombies in a z-grade horror film. Please also look into the voice-
recognition programs for your computer. I'll have Louie look up more
information for you (when he gets better himself; both of us are down
with some exotic bug taking up residence in our guts.)

We have a local pet chain that I think deals in this. In the next
couple of day's I'll go take a look. I hope 24 inches will be OK if
they don't have the slightly smaller one. I know I've seen the
streamers fairly recently. And can they be more like fabric fringe
than metallic if need be?

China, like Mr. Dante, is a habitually purring baby, indeed purrs
rather than meows. I only need a little to salve my poor cramping
kishkes; China and I both will be more than happy to send lots of good
strengthening purrs your way.

Blessed be,
Baha

Hug request GaDragonfly Cat anecdotes 35 October 2nd 08 10:36 PM
A request GaDragonfly Cat anecdotes 17 December 6th 07 03:19 AM
Request Victor Martinez Cat anecdotes 7 June 27th 05 10:07 PM
OT Odd request Karen Cat anecdotes 6 June 12th 05 12:50 PM
Request For Help Flags6262 Cat community 0 November 27th 04 05:19 PM