Road Trip and Sub-Q

Old October 24th 03, 05:50 PM
Mary

Default Road Trip and Sub-Q

(Question: Is $18.58 an average or reasonable price for sub-q?) Kami
didn't fight it, but I can still imagine what it would be like at home.
Seems easy enough if she's cooperative and I will pick up supplies
closer to the date and do one or two practices before hitting the road.

If your cat is small, you can just get a big syringe and a bag of lactated
ringers or saline solution. If they buy the bags by the box, it's only $1.98
each bag. My vet charges me $10 for the bag. A bag lasts a long time. The big
syringes with needles are .75 cents each. I subq squirrels which are smaller so
I just use big syringes which is easier than the IV type setup.

Old October 24th 03, 08:57 PM
rrb_091903

Brandy Alexandre wrote:
FYI, I was half right about sub-q for the car trip. I told him we were
traveling by car and he didn't think of her not eating or drinking
until I brought it up. He didn't think it was too bad, didn't believe
it was worth risking. He said though she doesn't need it at this
stage, he suggested I learn to give sub-qs and do it the night before
we go, and when we arrive at the hotel, and once more at the
destination, and again if she's having trouble adjusting and won't
drink. After her blood draw, a tech came him and showed me how.
(Question: Is $18.58 an average or reasonable price for sub-q?) Kami
didn't fight it, but I can still imagine what it would be like at home.
Seems easy enough if she's cooperative and I will pick up supplies
closer to the date and do one or two practices before hitting the road.

I asked him if he knew of a good vet in the new locale. He said he
wished he did, because he'd like to see Kami get the best care. He
used to live out there, so I told him if he ever wants to move back,
I'll leave my number...

The above sounds ok to me. My only question is how far is it from the
hotel stop to your final destination? With you giving her a sub-q at the
hotel she might have to go before you get to your destination depending
on how long it is between the stops. If you aren't already I would
consider a litter box break for her. In any case I hope the trip goes
well, and that you experience no problems.

rrb

Old October 24th 03, 09:53 PM
Ms Alexandre

BTW, I'm moving so I can take this hot new job I was offered at a strip
club. I hope all you boys will come out and see me. It will be advertised.

Old October 24th 03, 09:53 PM
Ms Alexandre

Old October 24th 03, 11:44 PM
Cheryl

In ,
Ms Alexandre composed with style:
BTW, I'm moving so I can take this hot new job I was offered at a
strip club. I hope all you boys will come out and see me. It will
be advertised.

Joe, Joe, Joe. shaking head If you knew how to frog, you'd be
dangerous.

Old October 25th 03, 12:59 AM
Joe Canuck

Cheryl wrote:
In ,
Ms Alexandre composed with style:

BTW, I'm moving so I can take this hot new job I was offered at a
strip club. I hope all you boys will come out and see me. It will
be advertised.

Joe, Joe, Joe. shaking head If you knew how to frog, you'd be
dangerous.

That was bargain basement froggery.

Now don'tja get me started up! ;-)

--