worst summer for abandoneds

Old November 9th 06, 04:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Norm

Default worst summer for abandoneds

Already before today I had seen three abandoned cats and a dog on my Old
Mine Rd biking route. Today I chatted with a runner who lives nearby to
see if he had seen the ginger cat that I was hoping to escue; he hadn't
but told me of a white cat and a Siamese he'd seen yesterday near where
I'd already been looking. That's in addition to 3 other cats which
another person had seen that I hadn't. The ones I had seen I'd had
unrequited hopes of saving: a tabby asleep in the sun on the
doorstepof an abandoned house that I'd some reason to hope I'd fed; a
black cat that I saw 3 times but couldn't feed because it disappeared
too quickly to get a location on but it was heading toward a dead end
where I knew there was someone who would feed it; and the ginger that I
first saw at a different abandoned house but couldn't locate to feed,
then saw again 5 weeks later and left food where it disappeared into the
brush (I carry a tin of cat food in each bike bag). All told, that's 20
cats (2 rescued) and 2 dogs I've seen or been told of in the 10 summers
of biking Old Mine. Norm
Old November 9th 06, 05:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Norm wrote:
[...]

Well, bless you for trying instead of just seeing them and just hoping
"someone else" will take care of the problem.
I used to have a poem entitled "Someone Else'' that goes on and ends
with something like "Then I realized Someone Else was me."
By contrast, I haven't had a stray in quite some time. (furiously
knocking on wood)
Good luck Norm.

Sherry