Hi again

Old July 30th 18, 07:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bill Stock[_2_]

Default Hi again

On Monday, July 30, 2018 at 1:42:32 PM UTC-4, Tina wrote:
On 28/07/2018 19:03, jmcquown wrote:
On 7/27/2018 1:40 PM, Tina wrote:
It's 14 months since my ISP took away email addresses from all their
customers, and since then I've had no access to Usenet.Â* Now I have a
new computer, set up to receive it again.
I lost my beloved Boyfriend to squameous cell carcinoma in May 2017.
I now have two new girls called Nelli and Garfie, they are exotic
shorthairs, like Persians with shorter hair,same bulldog type face.

How are all my old friends on here?Â* Looking forward to hearing from you.

Tweed

Hi Tina,

I heard about Boyfriend and you did post (at least once) about your
new kitties.Â* I guess that's about the time you lost your access.Â* Glad
to see you back!Â* Any hope for pics of Nelli and Garfie?

Jill

Nice to hear from you too, Jill. I do have some pics of the girls, but
NIN doesn't allow binaries, or didn't, has that rule changed? They are
known, collectively, as the Poshgirls. Their pedigree names are
Shakirah Nelli Furrtardo and Shakirah Cindi Lawpurr. Awful eh? I
wondered why, then when I looked at their pedigree it became clear.
Their mother is called Tribalife Pussy Cat Doll! The Pussy Cat Dolls
are a girl band so it seemed a good idea for mine to be The Poshgirls
;-) They are very beautiful.

Smokey is just Smokey and Cali was just Cali, but Cleo's full name was CleoKatra. Everyone else thought it was just weird, so it never got used much. Although Smokey has the most diminutives of her name and she responds to most of them. Pokey and Smokey Poke being the most obvious.
Old August 1st 18, 04:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Auric Hellman

On Fri, 27 Jul 2018 18:40:06 +0100, Tina
wrote:

It's 14 months since my ISP took away email addresses from all their
customers, and since then I've had no access to Usenet. Now I have a
new computer, set up to receive it again.
I lost my beloved Boyfriend to squameous cell carcinoma in May 2017. I
now have two new girls called Nelli and Garfie, they are exotic
shorthairs, like Persians with shorter hair,same bulldog type face.

How are all my old friends on here? Looking forward to hearing from you.

Tweed

Hi Tina! My name is Auric and I'm trying to find the time to be at
least a part-time contributor. I am currently owned by Mr. Wiggles

( photo: https://i.imgflip.com/5djz7.jpg )

Dr. Auric D. Hellman

Old August 1st 18, 09:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 7/27/2018 1:40 PM, Tina wrote:
It's 14 months since my ISP took away email addresses from all their
customers, and since then I've had no access to Usenet.Â* Now I have a
new computer, set up to receive it again.
I lost my beloved Boyfriend to squameous cell carcinoma in May 2017.
I now have two new girls called Nelli and Garfie, they are exotic
shorthairs, like Persians with shorter hair,same bulldog type face.

How are all my old friends on here?Â* Looking forward to hearing from
you.

Tweed

Hi Tina,

I heard about Boyfriend and you did post (at least once) about your
new kitties.Â* I guess that's about the time you lost your access.
Glad to see you back!Â* Any hope for pics of Nelli and Garfie?

Jill

Nice to hear from you too, Jill. I do have some pics of the girls, but
NIN doesn't allow binaries, or didn't, has that rule changed?Â* They are
known, collectively, as the Poshgirls.Â* Their pedigree names are
Shakirah Nelli Furrtardo and Shakirah Cindi Lawpurr.Â* Awful eh?Â* I
wondered why, then when I looked at their pedigree it became clear.
Their mother is called Tribalife Pussy Cat Doll!Â* The Pussy Cat Dolls
are a girl band so it seemed a good idea for mine to be The Poshgirls
;-)Â* They are very beautiful.

I'm sure they're beautiful! I know NIN doesn't allow binaries. If you
take pics you can upload them to any number of photo sites post links.

Jill
Old August 2nd 18, 08:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Tina[_2_]

On 7/27/2018 1:40 PM, Tina wrote:
It's 14 months since my ISP took away email addresses from all their
customers, and since then I've had no access to Usenet.Â* Now I have
a new computer, set up to receive it again.
I lost my beloved Boyfriend to squameous cell carcinoma in May 2017.
I now have two new girls called Nelli and Garfie, they are exotic
shorthairs, like Persians with shorter hair,same bulldog type face.

How are all my old friends on here?Â* Looking forward to hearing from
you.

Tweed

Hi Tina,

I heard about Boyfriend and you did post (at least once) about
your new kitties.Â* I guess that's about the time you lost your
access. Glad to see you back!Â* Any hope for pics of Nelli and Garfie?

Jill

Nice to hear from you too, Jill. I do have some pics of the girls, but
NIN doesn't allow binaries, or didn't, has that rule changed?Â* They
are known, collectively, as the Poshgirls.Â* Their pedigree names are
Shakirah Nelli Furrtardo and Shakirah Cindi Lawpurr.Â* Awful eh?Â* I
wondered why, then when I looked at their pedigree it became clear.
Their mother is called Tribalife Pussy Cat Doll!Â* The Pussy Cat Dolls
are a girl band so it seemed a good idea for mine to be The Poshgirls
;-)Â* They are very beautiful.

I'm sure they're beautiful!Â* I know NIN doesn't allow binaries.Â* If you
take pics you can upload them to any number of photo sites post links.

Jill

The pics are on my phone, and I've cracked the screen unfortunately.
Nelli is described on her pedigree as a Red Lynxpoint, which is
basically red tabby tail and flamepoint. Garfie is called red on her
pedigree. She's red tabby and very orinj. They are litter sisters. Ex
show cats and breeding queens. The breeder specified that they should
never be parted and to give their last owner her due, when her child
became allergic, she did keep to that. That's why I got two girlies.
I'm not entirely sure why the breeder didn't want them to be parted, as
most of the time they don't like each other ;-)

Old August 7th 18, 03:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

wrote:

It's 14 months since my ISP took away email addresses from all their
customers, and since then I've had no access to Usenet. Now I have a
new computer, set up to receive it again.
I lost my beloved Boyfriend to squameous cell carcinoma in May 2017. I
now have two new girls called Nelli and Garfie, they are exotic
shorthairs, like Persians with shorter hair,same bulldog type face.

How are all my old friends on here? Looking forward to hearing from you.

Tweed

Oh my, hi. I haven't been visiting very often but I'm still here.
Sorry about Boyfriend. Hope all is well.
Old August 14th 18, 09:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley Madigan

On Thursday, August 2, 2018 at 8:46:59 PM UTC+1, Tina wrote:

I'm not entirely sure why the breeder didn't want them to be parted, as
most of the time they don't like each other ;-)

I went into the bedroom and the next thing Ganzi let out a wail like I just stood on his tail then hugged my leg with claws out so I let out a wail as well

Bonnie decided to attack Ganzi at the point. Full on ears flat, growling and Ganzi had to retreat to the top of my bedside locker and Bonnie still wanted to kill him

5 minutes later they're curled up in the hallway washing each other

It's a cat thing

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old August 15th 18, 12:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 8/14/2018 4:56 PM, Lesley Madigan wrote:
On Thursday, August 2, 2018 at 8:46:59 PM UTC+1, Tina wrote:

I'm not entirely sure why the breeder didn't want them to be parted, as
most of the time they don't like each other ;-)

I went into the bedroom and the next thing Ganzi let out a wail like I just stood on his tail then hugged my leg with claws out so I let out a wail as well

Bonnie decided to attack Ganzi at the point. Full on ears flat, growling and Ganzi had to retreat to the top of my bedside locker and Bonnie still wanted to kill him

5 minutes later they're curled up in the hallway washing each other

It's a cat thing

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

I've never had more than one cat at a time. I can tell you, both Persia
(RB) and Buffy *yowl* if they even catch sight of another cat. It's a
horrific sound. You'd think banshees were after them!

Jill
Old August 15th 18, 12:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
joy

On 8/14/2018 1:56 PM, Lesley Madigan wrote:
On Thursday, August 2, 2018 at 8:46:59 PM UTC+1, Tina wrote:

I'm not entirely sure why the breeder didn't want them to be parted, as
most of the time they don't like each other ;-)

I went into the bedroom and the next thing Ganzi let out a wail like I just stood on his tail then hugged my leg with claws out so I let out a wail as well

Bonnie decided to attack Ganzi at the point. Full on ears flat, growling and Ganzi had to retreat to the top of my bedside locker and Bonnie still wanted to kill him

5 minutes later they're curled up in the hallway washing each other

It's a cat thing

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

LOL! Also ouch!

Yes, cats can be interesting. Years ago, when Waffles was still alive,
I was getting ready to take his littermate Pickles to the vet. To say
that Pickles hated the cat carrier was an understatement. At that time,
I had a soft-sided carrier that could be zipped and unzipped along the
length of the top, but there was also a zipper that went around three
sides of the end, so you could use either method to put them in or take
them out.

I was afraid that if I used the top opening, Pickles would get out again
before I could zip it closed. I decided to stand the carrier on end and
put Pickles in headfirst. That way by the time she turned around and
dealt with gravity, I'd have it zipped shut. As I started to stuff her
in headfirst, she let out a scream like I've never heard from any cat.

Waffles was in the hallway watching, and when Pickles screamed, Waffles
jumped me from behind. I dropped Pickles and we never did get to the
vet. I was shocked, but I wasn't really angry with Waffles, because he
was just defending his sister.

Joy
Old August 15th 18, 01:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 8/14/2018 7:08 PM, joy wrote:
On 8/14/2018 1:56 PM, Lesley Madigan wrote:
On Thursday, August 2, 2018 at 8:46:59 PM UTC+1, Tina wrote:
I'm not entirely sure why the breeder didn't want them to be parted, as
most of the time they don't like each other ;-)

I went into the bedroom and the next thing Ganzi let out a wail like I
just stood on his tail then hugged my leg with claws out so I let out
a wail as well

Bonnie decided to attack Ganzi at the point. Full on ears flat,
growling and Ganzi had to retreat to the top ofÂ* my bedside locker and
Bonnie still wanted to kill him

5 minutes later they're curled up in the hallway washing each other

It's a cat thing

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

LOL!Â* Also ouch!

Yes, cats can be interesting.Â* Years ago, when Waffles was still alive,
I was getting ready to take his littermate Pickles to the vet.Â* To say
that Pickles hated the cat carrier was an understatement.Â* At that time,
I had a soft-sided carrier that could be zipped and unzipped along the
length of the top, but there was also a zipper that went around three
sides of the end, so you could use either method to put them in or take
them out.

I was afraid that if I used the top opening, Pickles would get out again
before I could zip it closed.Â* I decided to stand the carrier on end and
put Pickles in headfirst.Â* That way by the time she turned around and
dealt with gravity, I'd have it zipped shut.Â* As I started to stuff her
in headfirst, she let out a scream like I've never heard from any cat.

Waffles was in the hallway watching, and when Pickles screamed, Waffles
jumped me from behind.Â* I dropped Pickles and we never did get to the
vet.Â* I was shocked, but I wasn't really angry with Waffles, because he
was just defending his sister.

Joy

LOL I can picture that, Joy! Persia (RB) would fight tooth and nail
against getting into the soft sided carrier. Top, side, didn't matter.
Once she was in there she promptly started yowling and got so upset
she'd throw up.

I lure Buffy in through the zippered opening on the end with a bit of
crunchy cat kibble. She thinks she's getting treats. Once in the
carrier she settles down without complaint. I'm sure she wonders what's
going on but she doesn't put up a fuss.

Jill
Old August 15th 18, 06:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
joy

On 8/14/2018 5:14 PM, jmcquown wrote:
On 8/14/2018 7:08 PM, joy wrote:
[...]

again before I could zip it closed.Â* I decided to stand the carrier on
end and put Pickles in headfirst.Â* That way by the time she turned
around and dealt with gravity, I'd have it zipped shut.Â* As I started
to stuff her in headfirst, she let out a scream like I've never heard
from any cat.

Waffles was in the hallway watching, and when Pickles screamed,
Waffles jumped me from behind.Â* I dropped Pickles and we never did get
to the vet.Â* I was shocked, but I wasn't really angry with Waffles,
because he was just defending his sister.

Joy

LOL I can picture that, Joy!Â* Persia (RB) would fight tooth and nail
against getting into the soft sided carrier.Â* Top, side, didn't matter.
Once she was in there she promptly started yowling and got so upset
she'd throw up.

When I got Pickles into a Carrier, she would yowl all the way to the
vet. On the way home, she would repeatedly throw herself against the
end of the carrier. She actually broke two that weren't constructed for
that sort of treatment.

Joy

I lure Buffy in through the zippered opening on the end with a bit of
crunchy cat kibble.Â* She thinks she's getting treats.Â* Once in the
carrier she settles down without complaint.Â* I'm sure she wonders what's