Cat Who Chirps

Old December 8th 03, 06:31 AM
Noreen Cooper

Default Cat Who Chirps

At the risk of finding out a zillion of you out there have a cat who can
do this, the feral cat I adopted is now 6 months old and has the most
unusual talent: she *chirps* when she sees birds through the window. I'm
not kidding you. The cat makes a bird-like sound. Really, how common is
this? Do you think it has something to do with being raised out in the
wild for the first 8 weeks of her life? I'm ready to send in the video
to "Funniest Animal Moments."

Noreen
Old December 8th 03, 12:10 PM
Linda E

"Noreen Cooper" wrote in message
At the risk of finding out a zillion of you out there have a cat who can
do this, the feral cat I adopted is now 6 months old and has the most
unusual talent: she *chirps* when she sees birds through the window. I'm
not kidding you. The cat makes a bird-like sound. Really, how common is
this? Do you think it has something to do with being raised out in the
wild for the first 8 weeks of her life? I'm ready to send in the video
to "Funniest Animal Moments."

Noreen

One of my cats does this; one does not... although, I'm not sure that
"chirping" is the right word for the sound mine makes.... more like.....a
machine gun sound ..... tatting?

Linda

Old December 8th 03, 01:07 PM
Sherry

One of my cats does this; one does not... although, I'm not sure that
"chirping" is the right word for the sound mine makes.... more like.....a
machine gun sound ..... tatting?

Linda

We've had some cats who did this. Usually when they see a bird outside the
window. We call it "cat chattering." I've read what they're actually doing is
practicing the killing bite they're going to inflict on the neck of the prey
(that's the purpose of the jaw action that accompanies the chattering).

Sherry

Old December 8th 03, 01:19 PM
ChakaShiva

"Noreen Cooper" a écrit dans le message de news:
At the risk of finding out a zillion of you out there have a cat who can
do this, the feral cat I adopted is now 6 months old and has the most
unusual talent: she *chirps* when she sees birds through the window. I'm
not kidding you. The cat makes a bird-like sound. Really, how common is
this? Do you think it has something to do with being raised out in the
wild for the first 8 weeks of her life? I'm ready to send in the video
to "Funniest Animal Moments."

Noreen

Its very common. I always wondered if the birds can truly be fooled though
lol.

Elaine