kitten HELP

Old June 3rd 04, 04:56 AM
Aimee S

Default kitten HELP

The kittens I brought in yesterday, are not eating very much at all, I'm
useing the same formula I used in Jan. for 3 other three week old
kittens. I am feeding more often than normal to try to get more food in
them, but am concerned. The 2 females seem fine, but he little male
seems listless and stays by himself, plus he keeps purring. He just goes
in the corner of the box and purrs.. From doing this before I know this
is unusual. from my experince, they just yell to be fed or sleep.
I gave him some sub-q fluids today and some Nutrical. But no change.
At 3 weeks from what I"ve read they are only suppose to get 4 feedings a
day, but these guys are eating so little at a feeding, I fed them about
7 times today.
They're box is very warm I keep hot water bottles in there..

Anyway, any thoughts and prayers would be helpful

Thanks so much,

Aimee

Old June 3rd 04, 09:22 PM
Wendy

The litters I have bottle fed have all taken a day or so to start eating and
get used to the bottle. I did have one with the current litter that took a
couple of days to start sucking on the bottle. I fed her by putting drops in
her mouth with a syringe until she came around. I had to do that again when
she got the runs and refused to eat.

Old June 3rd 04, 09:53 PM
Robert Casey

Aimee S wrote:

The kittens I brought in yesterday, are not eating very much at all, I'm
useing the same formula I used in Jan. for 3 other three week old
kittens.

If you can find someone with a momcat with similar age kittens, the
momcat will usually
accept your kittens.

Old June 4th 04, 02:59 PM
Aimee S

Thanks for all the help and advice, the kittens are eating better now,
like Wendy said, it just took a bit for them to get used to the bottle,
Guess I just freaked. Now just got to get them to poop. I mixed some
pumpkin in their formula, that has worked for me in the past, so now
just waiting.

Thanks again, so much,

Aimee

Old June 5th 04, 02:25 AM
Wendy

"Aimee S" wrote in message

Thanks for all the help and advice, the kittens are eating better now,
like Wendy said, it just took a bit for them to get used to the bottle,
Guess I just freaked. Now just got to get them to poop. I mixed some
pumpkin in their formula, that has worked for me in the past, so now
just waiting.

Thanks again, so much,

Aimee

Glad to hear they are eating.

The poop can take another day or so. They haven't been eating much for a
couple of days. They really don't have much to poop yet.