New kid on the block

Old October 29th 06, 02:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lightwell

Default New kid on the block

Now, after accepting Peter and Julius in my home this year, another
stray showed up this October and checked our home thoroughly. As long
as it is warm outside I keep my office window open. One evening, lying
on the sofa, watching TV, an unknown orange tabby crossed the floor,
checking dangers and supplies. On seing me he turned around, exchanged
a glance and vanished through the window. Next day same procedure. He
checked every room and after a week decided to move in. From this point
on I could pet him and he is a real sweetheart. Purrs loud and demands
his share. Regarding getting food he is fast as a lightning. When I cut
meat and throw pieces to every cat sitting on the kitchen floor I call
out the name of the cat the piece is intended for. This system does not
work with Linus (as I called him). He goes after every piece and is
able to snatch it out of the mouth of the slower eating cats. Whew - is
this guy fast. The other cats are stunned by his perkyness. So am I.g
So cute and so bold. He is not frightened at all of the other males.
Strangely enough they just ignore him. No hissing, no fighting. They
sniff at him and leave him alone. Strange.
I think he might be about one year old, so he might still have the
baby-protection. This would explain why the other tomcats don`t fight
him.

Linus has an unusual soft and fluffy fur. Dark orange, nearly no
stripes recognizable. And his upper fangs show a bit so he does
definitely look a bit like a vampire. A very sweet one.g

I put up some pictures on webshots. Hope one of the links works.

[IMG]
http://thumb18.webshots.net/t/59/159/3/3/38/2897303380047546418XRaQHW_th.jpg[/IMG]

a href="http://good-times.webshots.com/album/555187278pkeKPf"img
src="http://thumb18.webshots.net/t/59/159/3/3/38/2897303380047546418XRaQHW_th.jpg"
alt="Image hosted by Webshots.com"/abrby a
href=http://community.webshots.com/user/lightwell lightwell/a

Have fun

Old October 29th 06, 03:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Lightwell wrote:
[...]

You have my cats! Linus looks just like Yoda, and Moritz could be
Bootsie's twin!
Linus is beautiful cat, and obviously a pretty smart one to have picked
your home.

Sherry

Old October 29th 06, 08:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Lightwell wrote:

Linus has an unusual soft and fluffy fur. Dark orange, nearly no
stripes recognizable. And his upper fangs show a bit so he does
definitely look a bit like a vampire. A very sweet one.g

I put up some pictures on webshots. Hope one of the links works.

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/555187278pkeKPf

Linus is gorgeous! He looks like a very friendly, sweet boy.

And Moritz has very similar coloring to my cat Licorice, although
Licky has a more angular face:

http://home.sonic.net/~jwermont/cats/licky/licky.html

Great pics!

Joyce
Old October 30th 06, 01:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

wrote in message
Lightwell wrote:

Linus has an unusual soft and fluffy fur. Dark orange, nearly no
stripes recognizable. And his upper fangs show a bit so he does
definitely look a bit like a vampire. A very sweet one.g

I put up some pictures on webshots. Hope one of the links works.

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/555187278pkeKPf

Linus is gorgeous! He looks like a very friendly, sweet boy.

And Moritz has very similar coloring to my cat Licorice, although
Licky has a more angular face:

http://home.sonic.net/~jwermont/cats/licky/licky.html

Aww, I'm a sucker for completely tabby kitties, and Linus is a wonderful
example of a gorgeous marmalade boy. Give him a scritching for me.

Shmoggleberry (my owner) is a grey tabby, except that he's pretty much a
ticked tabby, no spots or stripes along his body, just a few lines on his
face & legs, rings on his tail and very light spots on his tummy. His fur
along his back & sides is definately agouti fur, because each strand has
multiple light & dark grey bands, but they don't form a pattern.

Older members may have seen already seen these pics of Shmogg, but I'll post
them again anyway:

http://au.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/yow...9644/my_photos

Yowie

Old October 30th 06, 04:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Lightwell wrote:

I put up some pictures on webshots. Hope one of the links works.

Linus is a handsome and sweet-looking little catman. Congratulations on
your new family member! My sister also has a Linus-cat:

http://pets.webshots.com/photo/28681...58511339IDXqrm

Old October 30th 06, 06:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Marina wrote:

Linus is a handsome and sweet-looking little catman. Congratulations on
your new family member! My sister also has a Linus-cat:

http://pets.webshots.com/photo/28681...58511339IDXqrm

What a beautiful cat! I love that kind of sleek, shiny fur - it looks
like his stripes are painted on.

Does anyone remember The Central Scrutinizer and his cat Gizmo? Gizmo
had painted-on stripes like that.

Nice flowers, too - are they lobelia?

Joyce
Old October 30th 06, 12:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lightwell

wrote:

Linus has an unusual soft and fluffy fur. Dark orange, nearly no
stripes recognizable. And his upper fangs show a bit so he does
definitely look a bit like a vampire. A very sweet one.g

I put up some pictures on webshots. Hope one of the links works.

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/555187278pkeKPf

Linus is gorgeous! He looks like a very friendly, sweet boy.

And Moritz has very similar coloring to my cat Licorice, although
Licky has a more angular face:

http://home.sonic.net/~jwermont/cats/licky/licky.html

Great pics!

Joyce

Thank you. I had a look at your pics and they are gorgeous. Beautiful
cats.
And Licorice has the white chin like my Moritz has. And the same, stern
gaze. Funny.

Moritz is a big chunk as his father was a cartesian-blue. They have big
genes. g
Zorro comes more after her mother, a white-black shorthair.
But Lissie is a big one too, coming after her father. (And she is a
rather rounded as well.)

Question: Have you over there in the US with those strange windows no
fear they could come down while the cats are lying underf them? I am a
safety addict and am sure I would put some sticks under the window
halves once they are open. g I would do.

Just a stupid European question.

bfn

Old October 30th 06, 12:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lightwell

Yowie wrote:
wrote in message
Lightwell wrote:

[...]

Hey that sounds nice - marmalade boy. Should have named him Ginger.
He`ll get a scritching from you.
And Shmogg is a beauty! What a silken fur.
And he too looks like he`s a real danger to mice.
Stern gaze and huge boy.

Thanks for sharing the pics.

bfn Bettina