Inappropriate Urination: dangit, louis

Old April 13th 06, 07:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default Inappropriate Urination: dangit, louis

Our 5 year old Bengal has resumed his affection for peeing on our
front door.

We'd almost broken him of the habit, but in the last few weeks he's
back at it.

The vet gave him an "all-clear" for urinary or bladder issues. When he
started this behavior, it was classic marking: back legs straight,
tail up, etc. Now it's just elimination, he squats and pees.

The litterboxes are immaculate, cleaned every day. There are two
available to him quite near the door.

Do we need to quarantine him and start that whole process?

So frustrating. At least we have a great deodorant we can spray on the
door (name escapes me - we call it "corpse spray" because the label
boasts its ability to remove the smell of dead bodies), but he needs
to quit this stuff asap.

Any ideas would be welcome.

BLink
--------------------------
"The worst thing about censorship is [redacted]"
Old April 13th 06, 07:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Brian Link wrote:

Do we need to quarantine him and start that whole process?

Are you aware that cats have to be treated kindly around the litter
box? Good luck.
Old April 13th 06, 10:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Mostly XNoArchive off-topic active troll.

See also:

Malicious hacker script kiddie
USENET server abuse flood
Denial of Service DOS
UTBill

Lamey - The cable guy
.... Getrdone redneck.com

Jim Dandy
Lamey
Lamey - The Cable Guy
Lamey B Jovi
Lamey The Cable Guy
Lamey The Reformed Troll
lastbandstanding
lastcatstanding
stuipd Viking
tedandalice
.... teandson hotmail.com

..
.... bobandcaraol tedandalice.com
[likely related, should be "bobandcarole"]

"GIT-R-DONE"

Path: newssvr25.news.prodigy.net!newsdbm05.news.prodigy. com!newsdst01.news.prodigy.com!newsmst01b.news.pro digy.com!prodigy.com!newscon06.news.prodigy.com!pr odigy.net!newsfeed.cw.net!cw.net!news-FFM2.ecrc.de!uio.no!news.tele.dk!news.tele.dk!smal l.news.tele.dk!news.astraweb.com!newsrouter-eu.astraweb.com!hwmnpeer01.ams!hwmedia!news.highwi nds-media.com!hw-filter.ams!newsfe03.ams.POSTED!12e9a6c2!not-for-mail
From: lastcatstanding teandson hotmail.com
Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Subject: Inappropriate Urination: dangit, louis
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 06:55:00 -0600

On Thu, 13 Apr 2006 06:39:06 GMT, John Doe jdoe usenet.love.invalid
wrote:

Brian Link blink visi.com wrote:

Do we need to quarantine him and start that whole process?

Are you aware that cats have to be treated kindly around the litter
box? Good luck.

Usenet troll
John Doe
UTBill

blah blah blah

Old April 13th 06, 11:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

You may have outdoor cats spraying or mating near or just outside your
door, and this might prompt your guy to respond.

While cleaning your door is smart, so would be using cat repellants to
deter other cats from your property. I'd also suggest introducing a new
spot for his litter box--if it's nearby the door it could be too close
an association.

Best of luck!

Old April 14th 06, 12:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

So frustrating. At least we have a great deodorant we can spray on the
door (name escapes me - we call it "corpse spray" because the label

Instead of using just a fragrant masking product, you need to use a product
that's designed specifically to get rid of the smell of urine or he'll keep
going back to it. If there's a rug there also, you'll have to wash that too
to get the urine smell out of it. I'm not sure if you mean he's urinating on
the door on the inside of the house, or outside on the door. Like someone
else said, there may be other cats urinating on the door if you're talking
about the outside. If that's the case, make a dilute solution of water with
a bit of bleach (4 oz. bleach in one gallon of water) and spray or pour on
the door. That will get rid of the smell and also disenfect the door if
other cats' urine is on it.

Old April 14th 06, 06:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

wrote:

Brian Link wrote:

Do we need to quarantine him and start that whole process?

Are you aware that cats have to be treated kindly around the litter
box? Good luck.

Usenet troll
John Doe
UTBill

blah blah blah

er.. me or teandson? If me, I need to do some rehabilitation of my
reputation I guess. Honest question, after all.

BLink
--------------------------
"The worst thing about censorship is [redacted]"
Old April 14th 06, 08:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

wrote:

Brian Link wrote:

Do we need to quarantine him and start that whole process?

Are you aware that cats have to be treated kindly around the litter
box? Good luck.

Usenet troll
John Doe
UTBill

blah blah blah

er.. me or teandson? If me, I need to do some rehabilitation of my
reputation I guess. Honest question, after all.

BLink
"The worst thing about censorship is [redacted]"

You're ok, I was referring to Jon Doughboi.