Cat library

Old June 6th 15, 04:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

Default Cat library

CNN.com as an article about a “library” in New Mexico that has no books
but it does have a number of kittens. The “cat librarian” is actually
the receptionist. Any employee can check out a kitten and take it to
his or her office. The hidden agenda is that they hope kittens will be
adopted. And it works! So far, more than 100 kittens have found
permanent homes.

MaryL
Old June 6th 15, 04:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

On 6/5/2015 10:32 PM, MaryL wrote:
CNN.com as an article about a “library” in New Mexico that has no books
but it does have a number of kittens. The “cat librarian” is actually
the receptionist. Any employee can check out a kitten and take it to
his or her office. The hidden agenda is that they hope kittens will be
adopted. And it works! So far, more than 100 kittens have found
permanent homes.

MaryL

Ooops! The article is on CBS News, not CNN.

MaryL

Old June 6th 15, 06:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

On 6/5/2015 8:32 PM, MaryL wrote:
CNN.com as an article about a “library” in New Mexico that has no books
but it does have a number of kittens. The “cat librarian” is actually
the receptionist. Any employee can check out a kitten and take it to
his or her office. The hidden agenda is that they hope kittens will be
adopted. And it works! So far, more than 100 kittens have found
permanent homes.

MaryL

What a great idea!

Joy

Old June 6th 15, 09:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

MaryL wrote:
On 6/5/2015 10:32 PM, MaryL wrote:
CNN.com as an article about a “library” in New Mexico that has no books
but it does have a number of kittens. The “cat librarian” is actually
the receptionist. Any employee can check out a kitten and take it to
his or her office. The hidden agenda is that they hope kittens will be
adopted. And it works! So far, more than 100 kittens have found
permanent homes.

MaryL

Ooops! The article is on CBS News, not CNN.

MaryL

I saw it last night. Dunno how much work one would get done with a
cat snuggling on the keyboard, but studies show that petting an animal
lowers blood pressure, so what better way to spend one's break time?
Old June 6th 15, 11:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

On Fri, 05 Jun 2015 22:32:36 -0500, MaryL
wrote:
CNN.com as an article about a library in New Mexico that has no books
but it does have a number of kittens. The cat librarian is actually
the receptionist. Any employee can check out a kitten and take it to
his or her office. The hidden agenda is that they hope kittens will be
adopted. And it works! So far, more than 100 kittens have found
permanent homes.

So you're saying that they sneakily want to collect overdue fees.

Old June 10th 15, 01:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

MaryL wrote:

CNN.com as an article about a ?library? in New Mexico that has no books
but it does have a number of kittens. The ?cat librarian? is actually
the receptionist. Any employee can check out a kitten and take it to
his or her office. The hidden agenda is that they hope kittens will be
adopted. And it works! So far, more than 100 kittens have found
permanent homes.

When you say "any employee," do you mean any employee of the library?
If so, what do they do other than lending out kittens?

I love the idea of "checking out" a kitten. I've used my local tool
library, but this is a new one.

--
Joyce

The heck with top and bottom -- I want relationships with strangeness
and charm.
Old June 10th 15, 05:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

On 6/9/2015 7:37 PM, Bastette wrote:
MaryL wrote:

CNN.com as an article about a ?library? in New Mexico that has no books
but it does have a number of kittens. The ?cat librarian? is actually
the receptionist. Any employee can check out a kitten and take it to
his or her office. The hidden agenda is that they hope kittens will be
adopted. And it works! So far, more than 100 kittens have found
permanent homes.

When you say "any employee," do you mean any employee of the library?
If so, what do they do other than lending out kittens?

I love the idea of "checking out" a kitten. I've used my local tool
library, but this is a new one.

The article did not give any substantial information, except that it was
clear that this is a government office building. It sounded like there
are a large number of employees and also that they encourage members of
the public to adopt. This is not an actual library. It was called a
"cat library" because cats are checked out, not books.

MaryL

Old June 12th 15, 07:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

MaryL wrote:

[...]

OK, I see. So the people working there actually have something to do
besides lending out cats.

--
Joyce

Cats are rather delicate creatures and they are subject to a good
many ailments, but I never heard of one who suffered from insomnia.
-- Joseph Wood Krutch

more library cats Steve Touchstone[_3_] Cat anecdotes 3 February 7th 09 12:45 AM
Library cats Winnie Cat anecdotes 4 February 6th 09 01:17 AM
Anybody write in the library? marika Cat rescue 0 January 4th 08 02:46 AM
Dewey Library Cat RIP Kreisleriana Cat anecdotes 12 December 8th 06 10:02 PM
Library Cat Adrian Cat anecdotes 22 March 13th 05 10:43 PM