Poor Frank

Old August 26th 03, 07:47 PM
Christine Burel

Many heartfelt purrs coming from us to Frank and you. Hugs,
Christine
"Marina" wrote in message
I took Frank to the vet last spring for a blood test to check his thyroid
level. I thought then that we wouldn't have to do that for a whole year,
because he was doing so well then. But, unfortunately, lately he seems to
have been losing weight. I can feel his spine when I stroke him, and his
shoulderblades feel really sharp, so I suspect that he needs to increase

his
hyperthyroidism medication. I also think his pulse is quicker than it

should
be. All the symptoms he had when he was diagnosed.

So, I have to take him in for a blood test again, which he hates. He used

be quite happy and confident when we visited the vet. One vet even said he
was the nicest patient she had ever had. But since his hyperthyroidism was
diagnosed, he's become scared of the vet, because they always prick him

and
draw lots of blood.

If he's in good enough shape, the vet will put him under and clean his
teeth, and draw the blood while he is sedated, so that would be easier
(though sedation is always a different worry, especially with and elder

cat
like Frank).

A few purrs would be greatly appreciated.

--
Marina, worry-wart

Old August 26th 03, 09:54 PM
wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX

A few purrs would be greatly appreciated.

A few purrs???? I shall be purring non-stop, extra-loud, overtime, twice the
speed, etc., etc for my Frank!!!

Frank, my Frank... what is wrong my love???

Worried.... Waffles

(and hoomin too)

~~~~~~~~~~
This is sent from a redundant email
Mail sent to it is dumped
My correct one can be gleaned from
h*$el***$$n*$d$ot$**s**i$$m*$m$**on**$s$@*$$a**$*o l*$*.*$$c$om*$
by getting rid of the overdependence on money and fame
~~~~~~~~~~
Old August 26th 03, 11:26 PM
m. L. Briggs

On Tue, 26 Aug 2003 17:53:18 +0300, "Marina"
wrote:

I took Frank to the vet last spring for a blood test to check his thyroid
level. I thought then that we wouldn't have to do that for a whole year,
because he was doing so well then. But, unfortunately, lately he seems to
have been losing weight. I can feel his spine when I stroke him, and his
shoulderblades feel really sharp, so I suspect that he needs to increase his
hyperthyroidism medication. I also think his pulse is quicker than it should
be. All the symptoms he had when he was diagnosed.

So, I have to take him in for a blood test again, which he hates. He used to
be quite happy and confident when we visited the vet. One vet even said he
was the nicest patient she had ever had. But since his hyperthyroidism was
diagnosed, he's become scared of the vet, because they always prick him and
draw lots of blood.

If he's in good enough shape, the vet will put him under and clean his
teeth, and draw the blood while he is sedated, so that would be easier
(though sedation is always a different worry, especially with and elder cat
like Frank).

A few purrs would be greatly appreciated.

Many heartfelt purrs for Frank. Please update when you know something
new. Also I wish for updates on our other sick kitties. When we
don't hear anything it is like reading a book with chapters missing.

best wishes to all. MLB
Old August 26th 03, 11:30 PM
Jeanne Hedge

Best of luck and lots of purrs for Frank!

Jeanne Hedge, as directed by Natasha

http://www.jhedge.com

CompuServe Anime/Manga Forum via Your Browser
- IT'S FREE! -
*** http://go.compuserve.com/anime ***
Old August 26th 03, 11:33 PM
Motherthing

Pookie sat in my lap for a good long time this afternoon, just to send purrs
to poor Frankie.

--
Motherthing

Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers
are starving to death.
- Rosalind Russell

Old August 27th 03, 12:18 AM
Brenda Watkins

"Marina" wrote in message
[...]

Emily and Pea are purring full tilt for Frank.
Brenda

Old August 27th 03, 02:19 AM
Sam Nash

"Marina" wrote in message
[...]

Double doses of purrs for Sir Frank.
Sam

Old August 27th 03, 07:08 AM
LOL

"Marina" wrote in message ...
[...]

Poor Frank indeed! We are sending many purrs that he get through his
TED visit with a minimum of stress, and that he checks out fine.
------
Krista
Old August 27th 03, 02:38 PM
Marina

"Marina" wrote

So, I have to take him in for a blood test again, which he hates.

Well, we are happily back home again, though Frank is still a bit wobbly in
the legs. The vet thought he looked fine enough to sedate him a little and
clean his teeth. They took the blood while he was under, so we didn't have a
terrible struggle this time. Though he did fight the sedative - he
absolutely refused to go to sleep. Poor boy, he just hid his head in my
armpit and stayed determinedly awake. Finally he couldn't stand any longer,
so they could start cleaning his teeth.

When they brought him out, he was coming around, and before he had quite
woken up, he started talking and making the strangest sounds. And he didn't
stop for the next three hours! I took him to work so I could keep an eye on
him, but I just couldn't stay there with him, because he kept talking and
talking and wobbling around my office. So I brought him home, and here, he
stopped talking.

I will get the results at the end of this week or beginning of next. At
least he has clean teeth and minty fresh breath now (actually, strawberry
fresh). Thank you all for your purrs, I think it was harder on me than it
was on Frank, and smoochies to Waffles - hope she likes strawberry. ;o)

--
Marina

Old August 27th 03, 03:57 PM
dsh-diva

wrote:

If he's in good enough shape, the vet will put him under and clean his
teeth, and draw the blood while he is sedated, so that would be easier
(though sedation is always a different worry, especially with and elder cat
like Frank).

A few purrs would be greatly appreciated.

Oh my goodness, many purrs coming immediately for poor Frank. (And
for you too Marina) Hope all goes well, and keep us posted.
Jennie, Xena and Callisto