Rocky update

Old September 5th 03, 04:27 AM
Steve Touchstone

Default Rocky update

Just a quick update on Rocky's progress. He's continuing to spend
more time inside. The funny thing is that he used to just come inside
to eat, and now he won't eat inside. I guess he remembers that the
last time he ate inside he was tricked into the carrier and hauled off
to TEd for neutering and checkup. LOL

Now that he's figured out how to purr he's developed into quite a
purrer. Earlier I mentioned that he didn't seem to know how to play,
but with Sammy's help he's catching on fast. He no longer runs and
hides when Sammy plays with the turbo scratcher, and tonight he spent
a good 15 minutes playing with a squeaky mouse. He might have still
been playing with it but I reached down to change CDs and he wasn't
too sure what to think about the drawer popping open. I told him not
to sorry about it, and handed him a catnip mouse, which he carried
behind the recliner.

Now if Sammy could just show him what the litterbox is for ;-) Little
Bit no longer leaves the room when Rocky comes in, but doesn't seem
too thrilled that he's here.
Old September 5th 03, 05:21 AM
Marina

"Steve Touchstone" wrote
Just a quick update on Rocky's progress.

It sounds like Rocky is slowly adapting to being a pet instead of a feral.
Good work, Steve!

--
Marina

Old September 5th 03, 06:29 AM
JHBennett

Steve,
You might give posting some rules regarding behavior, in the house.
Perhaps something like, *Litter box will be used for all business in the
house, NO EXCEPTIONS!* I'm sure the particular matters requiring regulation
will come to you as various unwanted incidents happen. The important thing
is to let them know you will not tollerate lax or undisciplined behavior
from the outset. In my particular case, our ferals had a rowdy party early
one morning, knocking over a snow shovel, a broom, upsetting the food dish
and dumping the water bowl. The matter was brought instantly into
compliance when I poste a notice reading, *No playing in the dining area.*
Simply a matter of letting them know who's the boss, my man.
Cheers,
Jack

Old September 5th 03, 05:40 PM
Cheryl

"Steve Touchstone" wrote in message
Just a quick update on Rocky's progress.

Sounds like great progress. I love these happy feral to domestic stories!
Gives me hope.