constipation

Old June 30th 06, 12:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
jmc

Default constipation

Well, Meep and I have been reunited for a couple weeks now. She's fine,
but has a problem with constipation - back to her old problem of not
drinking enough. She's getting hairball meds and laxatone daily, but
she's still only going about once every 3 days. She had an enema a
couple days ago, along with the above, it was still 24 hours before she
could go. And that was on Tuesday evening!

I feed her as much canned food as she'll eat, but I just don't know what
to do to get her to drink more. She won't drink the downstairs water at
all, is drinking the "closet" water but not as much as she used to, and
about the same with the drinkwell.

Not sure if she'll eat pumpkin or not, but I suspect not - she tends to
be very weird about any non-cat food.

How much laxatone is it safe to feed? I've been giving 1-1.5oz per day,
plus about an inch of hairball meds...

Any help appreciated. She's still recovering from quarantine and a vet
visit, I'm hoping to not have to take her back to the vet again and
traumatize her more.

jmc
Old June 30th 06, 06:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Buddy

I have better luck with the Temptations for Hairball treats than I do
with laxatone. Give that a try.

Old June 30th 06, 11:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
jmc

Suddenly, without warning, Buddy exclaimed (01-Jul-06 3:01 AM):

jmc wrote:
Well, Meep and I have been reunited for a couple weeks now. She's fine,
but has a problem with constipation

jmc

I have better luck with the Temptations for Hairball treats than I do
with laxatone. Give that a try.

Thanks, I'll try that.

jmc