Living alone ok most of the time

Old December 15th 10, 07:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Default Living alone ok most of the time

At 2 this morning I was awakened by the sound of my closet door being slowly
opened. Squeak, pause, Squeak. After a few times and I got up the nerve I
turned on the light. There was by big Orange Thing Mahoney with his front
paws on the door and slowly pushing it open. Piglett could have told him
there were no presents in there as she had checked yesterday. Almost took a
year or two off my life though.

Old December 16th 10, 02:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Happy

On Wed, 15 Dec 2010 13:29:53 -0600, "Granby" wrote:

At 2 this morning I was awakened by the sound of my closet door being slowly
opened. Squeak, pause, Squeak. After a few times and I got up the nerve I
turned on the light. There was by big Orange Thing Mahoney with his front
paws on the door and slowly pushing it open. Piglett could have told him
there were no presents in there as she had checked yesterday. Almost took a
year or two off my life though.

Oh my goodness! LOL! When it gets frigid around here, like now,
things in this house, circa 1978, get squeaky and, of all things,
bumpee. Earlier this week, when DH was out very late at a charity
event (he ran the hotdog stand) both I and the pets were awakened by
something that sounded like someone was trying to get into the house.
All of us kinda sat up (or lifted heads). I cautiously got out of bed
and creeped to all the doors - nothing. But I turned around and there
is the d*g - oh great protector - carefully creeping around - BEHIND
ME! The coward. Mushmouth and PussyGalore never left the bed. Thanks
guys!

Granby, I feel for ya.

Sophia

Old December 16th 10, 07:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

LOL yourself. The next time you come over I will sneak in there and then we
will see how funny it is. MAYBE NOT if Robert jumped up out of a sound
sleep it would scare me more.
"Storrmmee" wrote in message
lol, Lee

Old December 16th 10, 07:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

When I had dogs they would bark and I didn't realize until the other night
how much I missed that. If I watch the cats I can tall if something is
amiss.

Old December 16th 10, 03:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

On Thu, 16 Dec 2010 01:10:43 -0600, "Granby" wrote:

LOL yourself. The next time you come over I will sneak in there and then we
will see how funny it is. MAYBE NOT if Robert jumped up out of a sound
sleep it would scare me more.
"Storrmmee" wrote in message
lol, Lee
"Granby" wrote in message
At 2 this morning I was awakened by the sound of my closet door being
slowly opened. Squeak, pause, Squeak. After a few times and I got up
the nerve I turned on the light. There was by big Orange Thing Mahoney
with his front paws on the door and slowly pushing it open. Piglett
could have told him there were no presents in there as she had checked
yesterday. Almost took a year or two off my life though.

Four cats have me. So there are plenty of night sounds. I worry when
it gets quiet.
Old December 16th 10, 08:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Happy

Indeed! For heaven's sake he barks at everything else! In a
situation like that, or yours, there IS an element of fear that is not
funny - at least, for me, at the time. Did discover the "noise" was
bush scraping the metal gutter AND an animal, probably raccoon by the
scratches bumping up against a basement (full size) window under the
deck.

Sophia

On Thu, 16 Dec 2010 01:12:40 -0600, "Granby" wrote:

When I had dogs they would bark and I didn't realize until the other night
how much I missed that. If I watch the cats I can tall if something is
amiss.
.. .

Old December 16th 10, 09:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

I know what you mean but I'm afraid it make me laugh. Since I was widowed I
manage quite well I think (no cat allowed in bedroom to make noises)
My aunt worries terribly in case I fall in the snow and break a limb going
down my very long garden to feed my chickens and she quite rightly says
"no-one would find you or hear you down there before you froze to death"
I told her I will take my mobile phone with me if it's icy.
One time I was quite scared in bed was when we had a minor earthquake at 1
a.m. It woke me and the vibration of the shock passing through the house
sounded exactly like a very large person stamping across my bedroom floor.

Tweed

Old December 17th 10, 05:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Dec 16, 3:52*pm, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
I know what you mean but I'm afraid it make me laugh. *Since I was widowed I
manage quite well I think (no cat allowed in bedroom to make noises)
My aunt worries terribly in case I fall in the snow and break a limb going
down my very long garden to feed my chickens and she quite rightly says
"no-one would find you or hear you down there before you froze to death"
I told her I will take my mobile phone with me if it's icy.
One time I was quite scared in bed was when we had a minor earthquake at 1
a.m. *It woke me and the vibration of the shock passing through the house
sounded exactly like a very large person stamping across my bedroom floor..

Tweed

Taking your mobile phone with you is a very good idea.
The last time I was was startled at night was a loud crash which
turned out to be the cats knocking the ironing board over.

Sherry
Old December 17th 10, 08:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

wrote:
[...]

***

Last year I had a fall, and it was a few minutes before I realized I was
okay and could get up. After that, I started carrying my cell phone in my
pocket all the time. More recently, I got a Lifeline gizmo I wear around my
neck. I can even wear that in the shower. I think my kids worry a lot less
about me than they did.

Joy

I've been Living a Lie :-( tanadashoes Cat anecdotes 15 September 15th 08 08:44 PM
Living like a cat... [email protected] Cat anecdotes 4 March 25th 08 06:33 AM
Living Hell ---MIKE--- Cat health & behaviour 0 January 2nd 08 02:00 PM
We, the living Norm Cat anecdotes 8 September 20th 05 02:54 PM
you won't look me living between your wet hill Q. Di Giamo Cat anecdotes 0 September 12th 05 10:19 AM