Apology

Old December 21st 04, 12:31 AM
Yowie

"Tanada" wrote in message
nk.net...
Denise Clere wrote:

i've been trying to get all my cards out,honest ! but some of you may

get them after Christmas,always delays.sorry. i love getting cards from
diff. places tho ,kewl ! Denise & Maggie

I haven't mailed mine out yet, either. So all you all will have two
sets of cards to look forward to. I do have an excuse but I don't have
enough cheese and crackers to go with that whine.

Mine are currently sitting in my work bag, waiting for my lunch hour to
start so I can stick the stamps on and finally get them sent off. Assuming I
get them all stamped and into the post today, it will be a record for the
earliest I've ever sent off Christmas Cards.

The cost of the stamps for the card exchange was $65, add to that my other
cards and I had a bill of $78 this year for stamps alone. Joel nearly had a
coronary and we had a bit of a fight about the cost of it all, especially
since we'd both promised to "pull our heads in" and start being more
sensible with our money (as we have another mouth to feed now, and he's not
getting any cheaper). So as much as I just adore the cards that arrive in
the mail, and *I* think the card exchange is worth every cent I spend on it,
unless our finances improve considerably, i suspect that this year will be
the last year I will be able to participate in it. I guess it doesn't help
that all but three of my cards for the Card Exchange have to be sent
overseas.

I'm not happy, but he has a point - they are only bits of cardboard after
all, and I have more than enough contact with you all throughout the year
anyway.

*sigh*

Yowie

Old December 21st 04, 01:26 AM
Victor Martinez

Yowie wrote:
*sigh*

Don't know if it would work for you, but you could spread the cost
throughout the year. Every time you go to the post office, buy some
international postage stamps, just a few. That way, come december you'll
have plenty of postage and your wallet won't suffer...

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Old December 21st 04, 06:06 PM
SUQKRT

In article , "Denise Clere"
wrote:

i've been trying to get all my cards out,honest ! but some of you may
get them after Christmas,always delays.sorry. i love getting cards from diff.

places tho ,kewl ! Denise & Maggie

I'm doing the same thing. Them Furrin stamp re exspensive. Lets call them New
Years cards ;o)
Suz
Macmoosette

"People that hate cats will come back as mice in their next life."
--Faith Resnick

|\__/|
(=':'=)
(")_(")

Old December 21st 04, 06:06 PM
SUQKRT

In article , "Yowie"
wrote:

I'm not happy, but he has a point - they are only bits of cardboard after
all, and I have more than enough contact with you all throughout the year
anyway.

*sigh*

Yowie

You could be a recieve only, that was you could still participate.

Old December 22nd 04, 01:50 AM
Tanada

Yowie wrote:

The cost of the stamps for the card exchange was $65, add to that my other
cards and I had a bill of $78 this year for stamps alone. Joel nearly had a
coronary and we had a bit of a fight about the cost of it all, especially
since we'd both promised to "pull our heads in" and start being more
sensible with our money (as we have another mouth to feed now, and he's not
getting any cheaper). So as much as I just adore the cards that arrive in
the mail, and *I* think the card exchange is worth every cent I spend on it,
unless our finances improve considerably, i suspect that this year will be
the last year I will be able to participate in it. I guess it doesn't help
that all but three of my cards for the Card Exchange have to be sent
overseas.

You might be able to work out something with one of the USAers to ship
all your cards to them and they can put US postage on them. It would
probably save you a small bundle.

Pam S.

Old December 22nd 04, 02:53 PM
Adrian

Victor Martinez wrote:
Yowie wrote:
*sigh*

Don't know if it would work for you, but you could spread the cost
throughout the year. Every time you go to the post office, buy some
international postage stamps, just a few. That way, come december
you'll have plenty of postage and your wallet won't suffer...

Maybe birthdays could be added to the list so those of us that can't
send xmas cards could possibly send birthday cards.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

Old December 22nd 04, 04:29 PM
jmcquown

Tanada wrote:
Yowie wrote:

[...]

That is an EXCELLENT idea Pam! I couldn't afford the postage this year,
either.

Jill

Old December 26th 04, 10:44 AM
Steve Touchstone

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 22:57:41 GMT, Tanada wrote:

Denise Clere wrote:

i've been trying to get all my cards out,honest ! but some of you may get them after Christmas,always delays.sorry. i love getting cards from diff. places tho ,kewl ! Denise & Maggie

I haven't mailed mine out yet, either. So all you all will have two
sets of cards to look forward to. I do have an excuse but I don't have
enough cheese and crackers to go with that whine.

Still haven't mailed mine either. I figure I may get them out in time
for the fourth of July ;-)

Acutally, last year was unusual for me, in that I actually mailed them
before Chirstmas. In the past I used to always take a trip out to
visit the familily in California, and hand deliver them
--
Steve Touchstone,
faithful servant of Sammy, Little Bit and Rocky (RB)

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page:
Old December 28th 04, 01:23 AM
Yowie

"jmcquown" wrote in message
Tanada wrote:
Yowie wrote:

[...]

Great idea (Sorry, Jill, I didn't see Pam's original). The only trouble is
that that would mean I'd have to be *organised* and have all my cards
written out and addressed sometime before the end of November. This year was
my earliest- I got them sent off on the Tuesday before Christmas, a whole 4
days before the due date! I was *so* proud of myself.

owie

---

Old December 29th 04, 05:46 PM
Adrian

Yowie wrote:
Great idea (Sorry, Jill, I didn't see Pam's original). The only
trouble is that that would mean I'd have to be *organised* and have
all my cards written out and addressed sometime before the end of
November. This year was my earliest- I got them sent off on the
Tuesday before Christmas, a whole 4 days before the due date! I was
*so* proud of myself.

owie

I got mine today, Wednesday. Thanks Vicky. :-)

An apology Bobcat Cat anecdotes 4 September 3rd 04 12:49 PM
OT - An 'apology' to the M.E. Victor Martinez Cat anecdotes 8 July 6th 04 02:15 PM