more fire purrs

Old October 26th 03, 06:44 PM
rrb_091903

Default more fire purrs

Hello you all. Three fires have sprung up during the last day, and now
there are five fires burning in our county. The first has burned 10,000
acres, and the second has burned 1500 acres. I have no info on the third
new fire which I am most worried about as it is closest to me. I hope
that I don't have to evacuate - which is premature at this point - but
the third fire is only about an hour away from me, and is being blown
towards me. So far five people have lost their lives in those new fires.
Several homes have been lost and more are threatened. The fire
resources are being stretched to their limit with all these fires at the
same time. It might not be over yet as we are in a "santa ana" condition
where it is extremely hot, and high winds are blowing across the county
from the desert. Purrs and such are needed for the firefighters, people
who lost their homes/lives, people evacuated and the animals effected. I
hope everyone effected by fires anywhere are ok.

Rich

Old October 26th 03, 07:30 PM
Sherry

Purrs and such are needed for the firefighters, people
who lost their homes/lives, people evacuated and the animals effected. I
hope everyone effected by fires anywhere are ok.

Rich

Purrs indeed for all involved. I feel really badly for the wildlife, the
rabbits and such that can't get out of the way. (Well the people and homes of
course too)

Sherry
Old October 26th 03, 07:47 PM
rrb_091903

rrb_091903 wrote:

[...]

As an update: A little while ago the mayor announced a state of
emergency in our county. They are trying to recall all of our fire
fighters that were sent up north of us. Plus they are trying to recall
all firefighters that are off duty. I just heard that we have just lost
a major electrical line feeding our county. SDGE is asking us to use as
little electricity as possible. I am turning off my computer and other
things until later.

Rich

Old October 26th 03, 07:54 PM
Nan

On Sun, 26 Oct 2003 10:44:38 -0800, rrb_091903 wrote:

[...]

My furkids are busy sending firefighter purrs to all who are affected
by these fires. They've also been doing a rain dance, but I don't
think it's helping California since it is raining here and not
California.

Nan
Old October 26th 03, 08:47 PM
GKiuchi

Prayers going out to you, Dan and all those affected!!! it's horrible to
think that some of the fires are arson caused!!

Gennie andd Alan
Old October 26th 03, 09:09 PM
polonca12000

Lots of rain purrs and best wishes for the fires to stop ASAP,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"rrb_091903" wrote in message
Hello you all. Three fires have sprung up during the last day, and now
there are five fires burning in our county. snip

Old October 26th 03, 09:16 PM
Dan Mahoney

You know what really makes me angry? My brother is a photograper for the
local newspaper, so he was up in the Waterman Canyon area near where the
fire started early Saturday. While he was shooting photos he talked to
residents. Several of them reported seeing a grey van driving along the
highway, throwing burning rags out the window.

Everybody who lives anywhere near here knows that the hills are
tinder-dry. Someone actually *intended* to start these fires. What kind
of twisted idiot would do such a thing?

Old October 26th 03, 09:29 PM
rrb_091903

rrb_091903 wrote:
[...]

Another update. The fires have increased in size alot. Their is a total
of 100,000 acres on fire in my county. Plus I just heard that another
fire has started in my city. I have my evacuation package ready. The
fire closest to me is now 15,000 acres. It is in a remote area with no
buildings which is good but there are no structures to slow it down.
Both my dad, and brother have been evacuated in the east part of the
county. Take Care everyone. Turning off the computer again until tonight.

Rich

Old October 26th 03, 09:32 PM
rrb_091903

rrb_091903 wrote:

Another update. The fires have increased in size alot. Their is a total
of 100,000 acres on fire in my county. Plus I just heard that another
fire has started in my city. I have my evacuation package ready. The
fire closest to me is now 15,000 acres. It is in a remote area with no
buildings which is good but there are no structures to slow it down.
Both my dad, and brother have been evacuated in the east part of the
county. Take Care everyone. Turning off the computer again until tonight.

Rich

If for some reason you wnat to check on it. The local news stations
sites are www.kfmb.com, www.knsd.com, and www.kgtv.com.

Purrs, and best wishes to all.

Rich

Old October 26th 03, 10:04 PM