OT All Saints' Day

Old November 1st 03, 06:10 PM
Marina

Default OT All Saints' Day

I thought it would be interesting to hear what people around the world do on
all saints' day, if you have one.

I went to the graveyard with my Mum to light a candle on my Dad's grave and
on my Mum's family grave, where her parents and grandparents and my
great-aunt are buried. It's a beautiful old graveyard with many old graves
and monuments, large and small. There are also a lot of very fat and very
cheeky squirrels running around, whom people feed, and they come up and take
food from your hand. My Mum had meant to bring a bag of nuts, but she
forgot.
( At least I saw some of the 'fluffy' critters scurrying around. They will
need all that fat during winter.

The graveyard looked beautiful in the dusk, with candles lit everywhere,
among the huge fir trees growing there.

After our walk around the graveyard (it is huge, and the two graves are
quite far from each other) we went on to a cosy little restaurant and had
dinner. Having just had my pay day, and having received the payment for a
screenplay translation that I did recently, I treated my Mum. We haven't
done this before, but I think this might become a tradition for us. Maybe
next year, one of my sisters or our brother will join us.

Then I came home to two starving cats, who told me off for being so late
with their din-dins. So, what did you all do?

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old November 1st 03, 06:17 PM
Sheenah

"Marina" wrote in message
I thought it would be interesting to hear what people around the world do on
all saints' day, if you have one.

snip
Then I came home to two starving cats, who told me off for being so late
with their din-dins. So, what did you all do?

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

I remember its my birthday :^))

Sheenah

Old November 1st 03, 06:39 PM
Marina

"Sheenah" wrote

I remember its my birthday :^))

Oh, Sheenah, you should have hinted something earlier! Happy Purrday! I hope
you had a good day and many shrimpies (or equivalent treats).

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old November 1st 03, 07:09 PM
lewe

Sheenah skrev i
r.pol.co.uk...

| I remember its my birthday :^))

hope you have a great birthday with all your favourite treats!
Purrs from Thea & Bono

--
lewe
lewemi at yahoo dot se | cat pics: photos.yahoo.com/lewemiv

Old November 1st 03, 07:13 PM
JBHajos

On Sat, 1 Nov 2003 18:17:31 -0000, "Sheenah"
wrote:

I remember its my birthday :^))

Happy birthday, Sheenah!!! Hope you had a good one!

(Mine is 4 November. As I recall, another RPCA member shares my
birthdate but, I'm sorry, I'm afraid I can't remember who. But I wish
her an upcoming happy-birthday too.)

Jeanne
Old November 1st 03, 07:17 PM
lewe

Marina skrev i
| I thought it would be interesting to hear what people around the world do
on
| all saints' day, if you have one.
|
| I went to the graveyard with my Mum to light a candle on my Dad's grave
and
| on my Mum's family grave, where her parents and grandparents and my
| great-aunt are buried.

That is the tradtion here of course but I don't have any of "my people"
buried around here so no graves to visit and so I didn't do anything
special. I am sure my parents went to light candles among others on the
graves of the grand parents that have passed on (my father's mother is still
alive, she turned 94 this summer).

Old November 1st 03, 07:25 PM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

I remember its my birthday :^))

Happy belated birthday. Waffles sends a mowsie as a present ;-)

))))~

Cheers, helen s

to get correct one remove dependency on fame & fortune
h*$el*$$e**nd***$o$ts***i*$*$m**m$$o*n**s@$*$a$$o* *l.c**$*$om$$

Old November 1st 03, 07:36 PM
Victor Martinez

I don't really do anything for "Dia de muertos", as it's known in
Mexico. When I was little we used to go to the cemetery and clean my
grandfather's grave and put fresh flowers and such.
Perhaps we'll take a walk later today and go visit Jeff's (Tom's
brother, who died 3 years ago) grave, the cemetery is just a few blocks
away.

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Old November 2nd 03, 04:56 AM
Sherry

[...]

That sounds really nice, Marina. That's what we do on our Memorial Day, in
May.But I guess Americans don't do the candle tradition, just flowers. I think
candles sound beautiful. My All Saints' was very boring. DH worked (he is
working much too much lately). I sacked out in the recliner with three cats and
vegged out in front of the TV, waited for trick-or-treaters, but didn't have
any! So I guess I will eat all the candy myself

Sherry
Old November 2nd 03, 09:31 AM
polonca12000

Happy purrday! I hope you had a great one, Sheenah.
Best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Sheenah" wrote in message