Need help with a nutcase!!!!

Old September 6th 03, 05:39 PM
Bob

Default Need help with a nutcase!!!!

(fletch) wrote in
:

Hi,
Need advice on what to do:
To make a LOOOONG story short 3 years ago I was here asking for help
with ferals in my neighborhood park. I eventually caught the mother,
had her fixed and while taming her she got away. She went back to the
park and I have been feeding her down there for 3.5 years now. Since
that time other animals appear at times that I leave food for (a
family of foxes) and other cats. Most of these other cats came from
the house right next to the park. There is a retarded adult who raises
them the best he can but he doesn't understand getting them fixed etc.
Well about 5- 6 months ago I guess someone left a note threatening
whoever was feeding them that this was illegal etc. My neighbors and
family felt it was another guy who had been recently turned in for
animal abuse trying to retaliate (he went away for 1 month and left
his dog tied up outside with no food or water. The poor dog endured
everything from the summer sun to lighting and thunderstorms. Several
neighbors moved the dog so he could at least get in the carport when
it was raining , hot etc. They asked me to help move the dog to the
carport and I did). Anyway after this note appeared I thought it best
to move the cats out of the area so I started leaving the food further
inside the park and sure enough, they moved inside the park and it
appeared the problem was solved. Then last night right after I have
finished feeding the animals I am standing near my truck pulling my
airplane out of the back (I fly electric Radio controlled airplanes
and helicopters) a mini van comes speeding up. It slams on the brakes
and almost hits the front of my truck trying to stop. An irate perhaps
drugged middle age man starts demanding to know if I was the one
feeding the cats. I replied "yea what about it." He then starts
telling me that it's illegal to feed ferals and I replied "well are
you going to feed them then? "no- I am going to round up all the
animals and make them disappear" (might not be the exact words as I
was getting angry at that point). "and If i catch you don't here again
I will call the cops". He then speeds off so fast I can't get his tag
number although I see the plate on the back that says Previa-a toyota
mini van.
I was going to call the police on this guy and let them know what
happened but my family thought it was best to let it drop. Later I
went to a coffee hangout to talk to some of the police I sometimes
talk with at night . But they were all out patrolling as it's labor
day weekend but I left a message with someone asking them if there is
anything I should do.

Is is illegal to feed ferals? The park police have known for several
years that I feed those cats and the only thing they have ever said
in 3.5 years is to make sure I get out before dark, which is because
the park is built in the woods and is an automatic magnet for nuts
(drug dealers and perverts mostly). It's been on the news several
times for the raids they have done to try and clean up the place.

I am worried that this nutcase is going to try to kill the animals-he
didn't say those exact words but that was implied. I dought he will
catch my cat as she trusts noone and wouldn't come out for him---in
3.5 years she only trusts me so much..I can just barely touch
her..still I want to get her out of there. The other cats are not
really feral and I am sure he could catch/kill them very easily. For
the past few months a bunch of raccoons have appeared..they steal some
of food and some are not scared of humans and I am sure he could
catch/kill them as well. The fox and his "family" would be difficult
to catch. I rarely see the mother or "child" and the father is very
timid and fast. I have seen him run across the baseball field at
probably close to 45 mph. The nutcase would have to put poison in some
food to catch him. Anyway I am not sure what to do? I am going down
there tonight with a crowbar in the back of my truck just in case this
guy shows up again as he was very irate and possibly on something last
night.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Fletch

1. Start carrying a pocket-sized tape recorder
2. Turn it on the next time that you see him (and, hopefully, are accosted
by him).
3. Get any threats on tape.
4. Take the tape to the police.

I've had neighbors like that.
Old September 10th 03, 07:53 PM
Daedalus

On Wed, 10 Sep 2003 11:04:21 -0700, "Cat Protector"
, wrote:

I think the problem here is that you keep stopping yourself from doing
something in a way. I would have had one of those fish heads tested for
poison. Then brought the evidence to the police so they are aware someone is
poisoning the animals. I also would bring the evidence to the news media. If
you truly care for these cats then you will do everything you can to protect
them.

I agree. I'm sick of poser wannabe cat lovers who never want to do
enough. No sacrifice is too great to protect these kitties.

Jade