What will she think of next?

Old October 22nd 05, 05:47 PM
Marina

Default What will she think of next?

The other day, I heard some weird-sounding scratching in the sauna. Then
I heard Miranda yowl. She ran a few laps around the flat, then she was
back in the sauna and I heard the scratching andf the yowl again. Went
to see what was up, and what was up was Miranda!

She had climbed up the wood panel of the wall - the walls and ceiling
are wooden all the way. Grooaaannnn. I have to get her some kind of
climbing wall. They sell these carpet-covered panels in the pet stores
that you can fasten to the wall. I'm just afraid that she will want more
than just one little panel.

This girl is going to ruin me. Besides all the special toys and the
fresh meat every day, I will have to pay for all the damage she does to
the flat. I can't find any marks on the walls yet, but if she keeps it
up, there will certainly be marks. But she's the Princess, my Orchid,
and I can't stay mad at her when I look at her worried little face.

--
Marina, Frank, Miranda and Caliban. In loving memory of Nikki.
marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi
Old October 22nd 05, 06:09 PM
Karen

On 2005-10-22 11:47:28 -0500, Marina said:

[...]

I'd say carpeted wall panels are a good compromise! Little minx.

Old October 22nd 05, 06:43 PM
Victor Martinez

Marina wrote:
She had climbed up the wood panel of the wall - the walls and ceiling
are wooden all the way. Grooaaannnn. I have to get her some kind of
climbing wall. They sell these carpet-covered panels in the pet stores
that you can fasten to the wall. I'm just afraid that she will want more
than just one little panel.

How about getting a bunch of sissal rope and a glue gun? That way you
could cover a wall section on rope. Also it should be easily removable
and then with a bit of sanding, the wood will be like new!

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old October 22nd 05, 07:10 PM
Irulan

Marina, how about carpet scraps? They have them here in carpet stores which
they just give away, or cost next to nothing. You can tack or tape those all
up the sauna wall for the Princess to climb to her heart's content.
Lily & her mama
Jazz, RB

--

Irulan
from the stars we come

Old October 22nd 05, 09:25 PM
Christine K.

How about those flaxen (or whatever they're made of) carpets people use
on their balconies (kaislamatto). You could fasten one of those onto a
wall. They don't cost much and she would have a wide area to climb.

--
Christine in Vantaa, Finland
christal63 (at) gmail (dot) com
Old October 22nd 05, 09:35 PM
Cheryl

On Sat 22 Oct 2005 12:47:28p, Marina wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes ):

[...]

I think it sounds like a GREAT idea to make a climbing wall! I
remember Karen posting about having something like that built by
her father when she was young. Oh, and Mir is too young to get
worry lines!

--
Cheryl
Old October 23rd 05, 04:43 AM
Marina

Cheryl wrote:

I think it sounds like a GREAT idea to make a climbing wall! I
remember Karen posting about having something like that built by
her father when she was young. Oh, and Mir is too young to get
worry lines!

I remember that climbing wall, too. Mir-mir would love that, but I'll
have to see how I could arrange it. And who would help me set it up,
since I can't do that kind of stuff myself.

Miranda has these funny wrinkles on her forehead, just like her mother,
which make her look permanently worried. I think that's one reason I
would let her get away with murder.

Old October 23rd 05, 06:15 AM
Takayuki

Marina wrote:
She had climbed up the wood panel of the wall - the walls and ceiling
are wooden all the way. Grooaaannnn. I have to get her some kind of
climbing wall. They sell these carpet-covered panels in the pet stores
that you can fasten to the wall. I'm just afraid that she will want more
than just one little panel.

Miranda can climb a vertical flat wall? That's amazing! This will be
a long winter.

Old October 23rd 05, 06:19 AM
Karen

On 2005-10-22 22:43:14 -0500, Marina said:

Cheryl wrote:

I think it sounds like a GREAT idea to make a climbing wall! I remember
Karen posting about having something like that built by her father when
she was young. Oh, and Mir is too young to get worry lines!

I remember that climbing wall, too. Mir-mir would love that, but I'll
have to see how I could arrange it. And who would help me set it up,
since I can't do that kind of stuff myself.

Miranda has these funny wrinkles on her forehead, just like her mother,
which make her look permanently worried. I think that's one reason I
would let her get away with murder.

What if you find a carpenter to make a board that is like 6' by 2 ft.
Then he can glue carpet on that and bolt it to the wall for you?

Old October 23rd 05, 08:13 PM
Takayuki

Marina wrote:
Miranda has these funny wrinkles on her forehead, just like her mother,
which make her look permanently worried. I think that's one reason I
would let her get away with murder.

She does look worried! It's the shape of her eyes too.

http://flickr.com/photos/45867313@N00/28744360/