worming feral kitties

Old October 20th 05, 05:08 PM

Default worming feral kitties

Plese Help! I've been online for hours trying to talk to a real person
who works with feral cats in Austin, Texas. No luck. The vet is
giving me the run-around. The kitty has been wormed twice but not
every two weeks. It is thin, but 4 months old so maybe past the most
dangerous stage. I'm taking them in at night but am frustrated that I
can't stop the loose bm's. Today I saw blood in the stool. Please,
someone who has been thru the vet's worming meds not working please
please contact me.

The vet is supposed to have the latest lab stuff and refuses to
consider a false
neg test would be the cause of stool testing. She wants me to bring in
a stool sample.

Thanks
amy

Old October 22nd 05, 10:55 AM
Wendy

False negative test for what?

I'm assuming you treated for round worm. If you used strongid and didn't get
the second dose into the cat at the appropriate time that could be part of
the problem. You could be dealing with Coccidia or Giardia. They require
different medication. I'm not sure if most vets have what ever it is they
need to check the stool for Giardia and may have to send the sample out to a
lab to be done. Either way either try worming again and get the two doses
into the cat on schedule or better yet just get the stool sample to the vet
and get it checked now.

Has the cat been tested for FIV FeLV?

Good luck with your kitty.

ups.com...