summer's here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 28th 17, 02:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin

Default summer's here

It's been quite warm for a few days, with no rain (the garden's
drying up). What that's meant for most of our male cats has been:
time to hit the great outdoors. Our Ishmael used to spend most
of the summer camped out in the bushes across the lane (all of
50 yards away) growling ferociously at any other cat who might
have thought about sharing it.

So, our Ollie has gone off to wherever ginger cats with curly
tails hang out in summer (probably the bushes at the other end
of the block). Comes back and lets us know all about it if the
catfood bowls are empty; I just turn my back for a moment and
both the catfood and Ollie have disappeared.

Today's weather forecast said there was going to be thunder and
heavy rain at 6pm. On the dot, a few distant rolls of thunder,
and in comes Ollie. But only a few drops of rain, so off he
goes back out again. It's like he has the BBC weather service
relayed to his hedge.

mobile 07895 860 060 http://www.campin.me.uk Twitter: JackCampin