Yellow Money?

Old January 25th 07, 05:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Default Yellow Money?

Okay, when I lived in Bangkok was was used to seeing baht bills that was
blue or red. Never in the U.S. of A have I seen money that was anything
other than green. They don't call it greenback's fer nuthin! (laughing)

So I went to get the nose pads on my glasses replaced today and it cost me
$5. I gave them a $20 bill and the woman had to run next door to the bank
to get change. She handed me back a fiver and a YELLOW ten dollar bill. I
looked at it and said, "Hm, why is this money yellow?" Apparently they are
making yellow money now. It looks very odd. Hate to say it but it looks
like a cat peed all over it!

Oh well, at least I got my glasses fixed and put in an order for new lenses
for my R/x lenses for my sunglasses. Nope, don't need new frames, just
replace the lenses, please. Here, have a peed-on $10 bill as a deposit.
(teasing... I paid for them and pick them up next week.)

Jill

Old January 25th 07, 05:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew

I call it monopoly money. It is a way to prevent counterfeiting. First
time I saw one I refused to take it till I got the update from the bank
about the new bills

Old January 25th 07, 05:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Matthew wrote:
I call it monopoly money. It is a way to prevent counterfeiting.
First time I saw one I refused to take it till I got the update from
the bank about the new bills

I thought the money with the presidents with the BIG heads was strange.
This really does look like a cat peed on it.

Jill

Old January 25th 07, 10:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen AKA Kajikit

On Wed, 24 Jan 2007 23:31:42 -0500, "Matthew"
wrote:

I call it monopoly money. It is a way to prevent counterfeiting. First
time I saw one I refused to take it till I got the update from the bank
about the new bills

That's not monopoly money... nowhere near! Australia uses plastic bank
notes which REALLY look like monopoly money because they're brightly
coloured - it took awhile to get used to it when they first introduced
them, but they're pretty. This 'new' US money is so wishywashy that I
didn't even realise it was meant to be 'coloured' - it just looked
dirty!
Old January 25th 07, 11:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
badwilson

jmcquown wrote:
[...]

I saw one of those last month, Dennis brought it back from the Singapore
airport. I guess it improves the security of US money a bit, although I
still think that US money is the ugliest money I've ever seen. They
sure could use some more colours and maybe a cute little see through
plastic window or 2 like the Aussie money has :-)
--
Britta
Purring is an automatic safety valve device for dealing with happiness

Old January 25th 07, 01:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

badwilson wrote:
jmcquown wrote:
YELLOW ten dollar bill. I looked at it and said, "Hm, why is this
money yellow?" Apparently they are making yellow money now. It
looks very odd. Hate to say it but it looks like a cat peed all over
it!

Jill

I saw one of those last month, Dennis brought it back from the
Singapore airport. I guess it improves the security of US money a
bit, although I still think that US money is the ugliest money I've
ever seen. They sure could use some more colours and maybe a cute
little see through plastic window or 2 like the Aussie money has :-)

I liked Thai (paper) baht and the red and blue bills we used in Laos and
Malaysia. U.S. Money is just ugly. The big heads of the presidents was
scary when it happened.

Hey, did you ever see the film with Peter Falk and Alan Arkin about the
counterfeiters, 'The In Laws'? What a hilarious film! Was remade a couple
of years ago but the original is the way to go.

Jill

Old January 25th 07, 02:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
badwilson

jmcquown wrote:
badwilson wrote:
jmcquown wrote:
YELLOW ten dollar bill. I looked at it and said, "Hm, why is this
money yellow?" Apparently they are making yellow money now. It
looks very odd. Hate to say it but it looks like a cat peed all
over it!

Jill

I saw one of those last month, Dennis brought it back from the
Singapore airport. I guess it improves the security of US money a
bit, although I still think that US money is the ugliest money I've
ever seen. They sure could use some more colours and maybe a cute
little see through plastic window or 2 like the Aussie money has :-)

I liked Thai (paper) baht and the red and blue bills we used in Laos
and Malaysia. U.S. Money is just ugly. The big heads of the
presidents was scary when it happened.

I'm sure Thai money has changed considerably since you saw it last.
Actually, even during the 5 years I lived there, they changed all the
bills.
The bills go like this now: 20 baht - green, 50 baht - blue, 100 baht -
orangey red, 500 baht - purple, 1000 baht - grey and brown.
They tried a little experiment with the 50 baht bill, made it plastic
like Aussie money, but it turned out it cost too much so they went back
to the regular paper. They incorporated a shiny counterfeit strip in
the 1000 and 500 baht bills, actually the 100's too. They got rid of
the 10 baht bill, all the old ones were so ratty anyway. They are just
using the coin now, it's cool, a brassy centre with a silver ring.

Hey, did you ever see the film with Peter Falk and Alan Arkin about
the counterfeiters, 'The In Laws'? What a hilarious film! Was
remade a couple of years ago but the original is the way to go.

Hmmm, no, I never saw that. I actually don't see many movies and the
ones I do see I forget immediately.

Old January 25th 07, 02:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez

Karen AKA Kajikit wrote:
That's not monopoly money... nowhere near! Australia uses plastic bank
notes which REALLY look like monopoly money because they're brightly
coloured - it took awhile to get used to it when they first introduced

Mexico has plastic bills for two denominations. They are awesome! And
they are way more durable, thus more economical.
Now let's hope the US Treasury gets their act together soon and
implements changes to allow blind people to tell which bill is which.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old January 25th 07, 04:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Victor Martinez wrote:
Karen AKA Kajikit wrote:
That's not monopoly money... nowhere near! Australia uses plastic
bank notes which REALLY look like monopoly money because they're
brightly coloured - it took awhile to get used to it when they first
introduced

Mexico has plastic bills for two denominations. They are awesome! And
they are way more durable, thus more economical.
Now let's hope the US Treasury gets their act together soon and
implements changes to allow blind people to tell which bill is which.

I still haven't figured out why the drive thru ATM has braille on it. I
sure hope the blind folks aren't driving.

Old January 25th 07, 05:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

jmcquown wrote:
Victor Martinez wrote:
Karen AKA Kajikit wrote:
That's not monopoly money... nowhere near! Australia uses plastic
bank notes which REALLY look like monopoly money because they're
brightly coloured - it took awhile to get used to it when they first
introduced

Mexico has plastic bills for two denominations. They are awesome! And
they are way more durable, thus more economical.
Now let's hope the US Treasury gets their act together soon and
implements changes to allow blind people to tell which bill is which.

I still haven't figured out why the drive thru ATM has braille on it.
I sure hope the blind folks aren't driving.

Some appear to be. ;-)
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.