Loose stool?

Old November 13th 03, 12:23 AM
mprevette

Default Loose stool?

Hi, our 4/5 yr old cat recently started having loose stools. We switched his
food a few months back, to Iams , since he's a bit heavy. He's been eating
the food fine with no problems, but since maybe 2 weeks ago his stools are
loose, and bigger than normal.

He doesn't eat human food ( once in a great while he gets a treat, but
hasn't had any in two months or more), and shows no other signs of being
sick. His eyes are clear & bright, and he plays and gets around as normal.
Any suggestions before we take Spooky to the vet?

Old November 13th 03, 04:43 PM
Rene

"mprevette" wrote in message r.com...
Hi, our 4/5 yr old cat recently started having loose stools. We switched his
food a few months back, to Iams , since he's a bit heavy. He's been eating
the food fine with no problems, but since maybe 2 weeks ago his stools are
loose, and bigger than normal.

He doesn't eat human food ( once in a great while he gets a treat, but
hasn't had any in two months or more), and shows no other signs of being
sick. His eyes are clear & bright, and he plays and gets around as normal.
Any suggestions before we take Spooky to the vet?

It could be the food. Can you try another kind? Make sure to switch
gradually so it doesn't upset his digestive track even more. You might
want to bring a sample to the vets in case there's a parasite in the
stool. (Does he go outdoors? He could have gotten into something.)

Good luck, and take care,

Rene