Tiger and the Zoom Groom

Old June 24th 11, 12:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
---MIKE---

Default Tiger and the Zoom Groom

Every morning Tiger lets me give him a good brushing with the Zoom Groom
- purring all the time. I think this has greatly reduced the usual mats
that occur this time of year.

---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Old June 24th 11, 06:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"---MIKE---" wrote in message
Every morning Tiger lets me give him a good brushing with the Zoom Groom
- purring all the time. I think this has greatly reduced the usual mats
that occur this time of year.

Boyfie loves being Zoom Groomed. The soft rubber fingers are gentle and
it's amazing how much loose hair it fetches out. He even goes upside down
to say "oh, that's lovely, do my tummy now.."
It's a great tool, isn't it?

Tweed

Old June 24th 11, 07:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"hopitus" wrote in message
On Jun 24, 5:42 am, (---MIKE---) wrote:
Every morning Tiger lets me give him a good brushing with the Zoom Groom
- purring all the time. I think this has greatly reduced the usual mats
that occur this time of year.

we "trim claws:" out
on the deck. He is not *long fur* but has
thick double coat and Zoom Groom is great getting excess loose fur
out. Snag does not get mats, ever.
-------
Boyfie does not get mats either, he is short haired and is still young
enough to groom himself thoroughly. Kitty Farmcat was a short hair too but
either could not or would not groom herself after she got to about 18 years
old. I hadn't realised she wasn't doing it until she was matted.

As she would not allow me to groom her at all, it led to a few horrible
sessions when June had to come over, arm herself with leather gloves and
wrap her in a blanket while I plucked her mats out. It was distressing for
all concerned so I tried to leave it as long as possible until she looked
like I'd be arrested for animal cruelty if she wandered outside.

Since then, whilst at the vets, I've seen some also very ancient SH cats
there (for other health problems) with their coats in the same condition.
Really matted.
My vet says that it can be due to arthritis - they cannot turn their necks
round to groom, or due to senility - they don't remember they have to do it.
Tweed

Old June 24th 11, 08:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_5_]

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"hopitus" wrote in message
On Jun 24, 5:42 am, (---MIKE---) wrote:
[...]

With Bandit it was arthritis - I had to build a ramp up to my bed so she
wouldn't have to jump up.

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See the RPCA FAQ site, by Mark Edwards, at:
http://www.professional-geek.com/rpcablog/

Zoom Groom... Christine K Cat anecdotes 11 June 3rd 08 02:13 PM
Tiger likes the Zoom Groom ---MIKE--- Cat health & behaviour 2 December 21st 06 06:30 PM
Zoom Groom MaryL Cat health & behaviour 0 August 19th 05 11:26 AM
Zoom Groom Jo Firey Cat anecdotes 2 April 17th 05 04:08 PM
Zoom Groom Enfilade Cat anecdotes 6 April 13th 05 04:50 PM