Brought her home last night....

Old May 30th 12, 01:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Brought her home last night....

"Phoenix" wrote in message
We're slaves again! Brought home the 2yo tortie girl that belonged to a
friend with multiple health problems who could not really take care of
both her and her brofur.

My friend had given her a name, but it's not the right name. She has not
yet told us her actual name, so for now I am calling her...."cat". :-)

Kinda weird to go back to thinking about cat-proofing stuff. But nice to
have purring ball of fur on the bed again. She is adapting quickly and
well.

so happy for you. I hope that she tells your her name soon.
Although I tried to give Boyfriend another name because it sounded silly,
Gideon. he didn't seem to want it. He's quite OK with his name. He thinks
it's unique.

Tweed

Old May 30th 12, 02:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

On Mon, 28 May 2012 14:01:36 -0700, Phoenix
wrote:
We're slaves again! Brought home the 2yo tortie girl that
belonged to a friend with multiple health problems who could not
really take care of both her and her brofur.

My friend had given her a name, but it's not the right name. She
has not yet told us her actual name, so for now I am calling
her...."cat". :-)

Kinda weird to go back to thinking about cat-proofing stuff. But
nice to have purring ball of fur on the bed again. She is
adapting quickly and well.

I'm really looking forward to hearing how you adjust to each other. I think
that "new kitty" stories are the most riveting of adventures.
Old May 30th 12, 05:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Phoenix[_2_]

dgk wrote:
Very good. Now, what about the brofur? I think that most cats do
better with a furfriend.

My friend insists on keeping her brofur. Plus...this girl is very
much a high-maintenance, I-Will-Be-The-Only-Cat cat. So it was
best for us to take her alone.

I agree in general...all of our other cats but one have done well
having other cats around. But we did have an experience with
Lady, in the past, who was clearly an Only Cat cat. We rehomed
her to a wonderful person with 2 dogs and no other cats. (Lady
loooooved dogs!)

Deborah