OT You got to see this fall preview

Old July 13th 06, 02:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew

Default OT You got to see this fall preview

WWW.NBC.COM click on heroes and watch the trailer. That is going to be a
awesome new series

Old July 13th 06, 12:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

Matthew wrote:
WWW.NBC.COM click on heroes and watch the trailer. That is going
to be a awesome new series

Oh no, more expense importing DVDs if this show isn't bought by a UK
network. I just bought "The Dead Zone" from a supplier in Florida because it
was no longer being shown here.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old July 13th 06, 03:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2006-07-13, Adrian A penned:
Matthew wrote:
WWW.NBC.COM click on heroes and watch the trailer. That is going
to be a awesome new series

Oh no, more expense importing DVDs if this show isn't bought by a UK
network. I just bought "The Dead Zone" from a supplier in Florida
because it was no longer being shown here.

Does Netflix deliver outside the US?

I tend to ignore series while they're on TV and just wait till they
appear on Netflix.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old July 13th 06, 05:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

On 2006-07-13, Adrian A penned:
Matthew wrote:
WWW.NBC.COM click on heroes and watch the trailer. That is going
to be a awesome new series

Oh no, more expense importing DVDs if this show isn't bought by a UK
network. I just bought "The Dead Zone" from a supplier in Florida
because it was no longer being shown here.

Does Netflix deliver outside the US?

I don't think they do. I purchase series that I wan't to see if they're not
shown on the free UK networks. I buy from anywhere that's cheapest, often
the USA, very often less than half the cost of purchasing localy and that
includes shipping.

I tend to ignore series while they're on TV and just wait till they
appear on Netflix.

I much prefer to watch from disc, with added advantage most recent shows
have 5.1 sound.

Old July 17th 06, 12:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
SuzQ

Matthew wrote:
WWW.NBC.COM click on heroes and watch the trailer. That is going
to be a awesome new series

Oh no, more expense importing DVDs if this show isn't bought by a UK
network. I just bought "The Dead Zone" from a supplier in Florida because
it
was no longer being shown here.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

===================================
I wish I could burn DVDs from my DVR I'm watching the new season(series in
UK speak)here. Is your DVD player multi regional?
Suz&Spicey

Old July 17th 06, 01:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

SuzQ wrote:
I wish I could burn DVDs from my DVR I'm watching the new season(series in
UK speak)here. Is your DVD player multi regional?
Suz&Spicey

Yes it is, I wouldn't buy a region specific player, more than half my
collection is from places other than R2.

Old July 17th 06, 03:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

Magic Mood Jeep© wrote:
SuzQ wrote:
Matthew wrote:
WWW.NBC.COM click on heroes and watch the trailer. That is going
to be a awesome new series

Oh no, more expense importing DVDs if this show isn't bought by a UK
network. I just bought "The Dead Zone" from a supplier in Florida
because it
was no longer being shown here.

If you like "Dead Zone", you'd love some of the promos that they are
showing, for their own shows. A&E has a show called "Monk" about an
obsessive/compulsive (neat freak) 'detective', and one of the promos
for it show him and the guy from Dead Zone at a party. A waiter
brings over a *huge* punch bowl to the table near where they are
standing, and Monk goes to get himself a glass. Being O/X, the glass
has to be perfectly filled, so why he is fiddling with that, the Dead
Zone guy just dips his glas into the punch bowl and is flashed a
scene of the waiter drinking directly from the bowl as he's bringing
it over. He turns to Monk and says "You *really* don't want any of
this"

There's a new show out called "Psych" about the son of a cop who has a
photographic memory. He pretends to be a psychic and helps the cops
solve cases, and also opend up his own detective business to boot...
We watched the pilot, and it was rather interesting. Had it's funny
moments, but the plot was well done. The main actor, though, was
doing his best to be Ben Stiller (I could see him in that role very
easily).

Monk has been shown here but I've never watched it, maybe I'll give it a go
next time it's on. Another show I'm hoping will be picked up by a UK
broadcaster is, "Eureka" the pilot is on tomorrow in the US, from what I've
read it looks like fun.

Old July 17th 06, 06:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew

"Adrian A" wrote in message
Magic Mood Jeep© wrote:
SuzQ wrote:
Matthew wrote:
[...]

Glad to see you are doing better Adrian I was really worried about you and
meant everything I said in the other post
I can't wait for that new show it looks like fun

Old July 17th 06, 06:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Warning: this is way off-topic for anyone who doesn't watch US tv...

"Magic Mood Jeep?" wrote:

If you like "Dead Zone", you'd love some of the promos that they are
showing, for their own shows. A&E has a show called "Monk" about an
obsessive/compulsive (neat freak) 'detective'

Actually, it's on the USA network. Not trying to be the correction
police or anything, but I just wanted to make sure that folks who want
to find the show can easily find it. Monk is one of my favorites!

and one of the promos for it
show him and the guy from Dead Zone at a party. A waiter brings over a
*huge* punch bowl to the table near where they are standing, and Monk goes
to get himself a glass. Being O/X, the glass has to be perfectly filled, so
why he is fiddling with that, the Dead Zone guy just dips his glas into the
punch bowl and is flashed a scene of the waiter drinking directly from the
bowl as he's bringing it over. He turns to Monk and says "You *really*
don't want any of this"

Yeah, that's a funny one. Also, there's the one with Johnny Smith and the
Psych guy in a restaurant, trying to out-do each other in how bad they
have it in life. ("My father was a *******" "Yeah, well I was in a coma
for 6 years", etc). Then they look around and see Monk at another table,
lining up kernels of corn on his plate in a 10x10 square. Turned out he
had 103 kernels, so he puts the 3 extras on a spoon and says to the
waitress, "I don't need these." The two from the other two shows conclude
that things could definitely be worse.

I've never seen the phrase "O/X" before - is that some kind of shorthand
for obsessive-compulsive?

There's a new show out called "Psych" about the son of a cop who has a
photographic memory. He pretends to be a psychic and helps the cops solve
cases, and also opend up his own detective business to boot... We watched
the pilot, and it was rather interesting. Had it's funny moments, but the
plot was well done. The main actor, though, was doing his best to be Ben
Stiller (I could see him in that role very easily).

I just watched this the other day, and I wasn't too impressed. Definitely
not up to Monk standards. I don't even get the premise. Why would someone
with a legitimate talent like a photographic memory pretend he's a psychic?

Also, how many shows do we need to see that follow the same old white
protagonist/black sidekick theme? That gets old. Why don't they switch
it around for a change, or do something else?

Agree about Ben Stiller, though.

And what is it with spelling bees? I've seen 3 or 4 movies about this
subject in the last 2 years, and now it's the main story of a tv show.
Is this the latest big thing or something? Perhaps the parents of
young kids on this list can illuminate.

Joyce