OT Colonoscopy tomorrow (Friday)

Old November 29th 09, 05:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_5_]

Default OT Colonoscopy tomorrow (Friday)

Lesley wrote:

Same here- I'm safe in my job for the moment (there;s some talk of a
10% cut in NHS staff over the next few years also our trust merged
with another one so at some point they are going to be looking at
duplication of services although the other trust doesn't have a sexual
health service so I might escape the chop) and we have some modest
savings to fall back on for a while if we had to although they're
supposed to be for supplementing my income when I retire but they
won't last too long. I;ve seen recently a lot of friends losing their
jobs/working reduced hours etc to be anything less than aware if I
were to get seriously ill or lose my job it wouldn't be very long
before we could be in serious financial trouble...Getting a new job
would be the worse, I get pretty generous sick pay apparently but
there really are very few jobs out there and where there are jobs some
people are taking the p**s, my friend Hugh when he was made redundant
was "head hunted" for a salary nearly half of what he had been
getting- he didn't take it

Having gone through unemployment and seen others do the same, it's not
always easy to decide what to do. I eventually took something - several
temporary somethings, actually - paying far less than I had been earning
before just to get working again, while I know some people - one in
particular - who thought to do so would ruin their chances of ever
getting work again at more or less the same professional level and pay.
But unless you are absolutely at the top of your profession, a lot of
employers prefer to hire more senior people from within and almost never
offer an unemployed outsider a senior position. The most obvious case of
a person I knew in that situation eventually switched to a new area,
putting a lot of money into his education and starting again from the
bottom. That strategy doesn't always work, either.

He was offered a good position in the US, but turned it down because one
of the family has serious health issues and he wasn't convinced the
insurance they offered would cover the cost of care.

--
Cheryl

Friday is the day -L. Cat health & behaviour 19 April 13th 07 04:07 PM
OT Black Friday Matthew Cat anecdotes 30 November 24th 06 09:36 AM
Some Friday fun ceb Cat health & behaviour 0 June 24th 05 09:38 PM
OT - Friday was a Sad Day Magic Mood Jeep© Cat anecdotes 8 May 28th 05 04:33 PM
Gone Friday and Saturday Tanada Cat anecdotes 6 September 24th 04 04:04 AM