Too Clingy, Ugh

Old September 29th 09, 11:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
ensoul[_2_]

Default Too Clingy, Ugh

I have 2 brothers (indoor & neutered) Moe & Rudy....they both love
attention I can't sit down without having one them sometimes both of
them in my lap However there's a big difference btwn the two

Rudy will sit on lap let me pet and happily purr away

Moe will get lap start out by sitting (I always praise him when he
sits on my lap) the next is what I dislike he tries climp up me until
his face is in mine and if I let Moe will stay this way

also know they are big guy both weighing in at 16 lbs a piece...the
vet assured they're not over weight just big cats, they have super
long hair and orange colored

if Moe is in my lap and I have to get up for something he follow me
around the second I stop he starts pawing my side then sits on his
rear and can reach my butt won't stop until I acknowlede him...he does
even without being in my lap

there are allowed in my bdrm during the day (I have to keep the door
open as it gets too cold in there if I don't) not when I sleep
though...because they race around all night & keep me up...Moe will
saty at my bdrm door meowing & straching at it...all night if I don't
stop him....I scare him by pounding on the other side of the door

How do curtail a cat thats too clingy?

ensoul

Patriot: the person who can holler the loudest without knowing what he
is hollering about.
~Mark Twain
Old September 30th 09, 07:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
John Doe

ensoul wrote:

I have 2 brothers (indoor & neutered) Moe & Rudy....they both
love attention I can't sit down without having one them
sometimes both of them in my lap

... they race around all night

You have two very affectionate cats, and they get lots of
exercise. Sounds great.
Old September 30th 09, 07:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
ensoul[_2_]

On Sep 30, 2:34*am, John Doe wrote:
ensoul wrote:
I have 2 brothers (indoor & neutered) Moe & Rudy....they both
love attention I can't sit down without having one them
sometimes both of them in my lap
... they race around all night

You have two very affectionate cats, and they get lots of
exercise. Sounds great.

no its too much with Moe he's non stop...cats can too clingy and he
is, drives me up the wall
Old October 1st 09, 08:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
jmc

Suddenly, without warning, ensoul exclaimed (9/30/2009 2:40 PM):
ensoul wrote:
I have 2 brothers (indoor & neutered) Moe & Rudy....they both
love attention I can't sit down without having one them
sometimes both of them in my lap
... they race around all night

You have two very affectionate cats, and they get lots of
exercise. Sounds great.

no its too much with Moe he's non stop...cats can too clingy and he
is, drives me up the wall

Get used to it Meep was clingy as a kitten, and here 13.5 years
later, she's still clingy. Just learn to appreciate that your cats love
you that much.

On the occasions when Meep is just way to demanding and I want some me
time, I just hiss or growl at her a little and she gets the message.
Normally I only have to do that on weekend mornings when she wants to
insist I get up at the same time (4:30am) that I do on weekends. Um, NO.

jmc
Old October 1st 09, 11:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
FirstHit

ensoul wrote:
I have 2 brothers (indoor & neutered) Moe & Rudy....they both
love attention I can't sit down without having one them
sometimes both of them in my lap
... they race around all night
You have two very affectionate cats, and they get lots of
exercise. Sounds great.

no its too much with Moe he's non stop...cats can too clingy and he
is, drives me up the wall

Get used to it *Meep was clingy as a kitten, and here 13.5 years
later, she's still clingy. *Just learn to appreciate that your cats love
you that much.

On the occasions when Meep is just way to demanding and I want some me
time, I just hiss or growl at her a little and she gets the message.
Normally I only have to do that on weekend mornings when she wants to
insist I get up at the same time (4:30am) that I do on weekends. *Um, NO.

A cat can be potentially more affectionate that I'd prefer, but I'd
rather have too much affection than too little. I think it's easier
to tone things down a bit with a cat than the other way around. For
example, my cat used to wake me up in the morning for affection, and
I'd put her out of my room for that. After only a few mornings of
that, she got the message.

FirstHit

Old October 1st 09, 11:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Gandalf

ensoul wrote:
I have 2 brothers (indoor & neutered) Moe & Rudy....they both
love attention I can't sit down without having one them
sometimes both of them in my lap
... they race around all night

You have two very affectionate cats, and they get lots of
exercise. Sounds great.

no its too much with Moe he's non stop...cats can too clingy and he
is, drives me up the wall

I would be very happy to have a 'clingy cat' such as Moe.

My Calico cat is very sweet, but very independent.

It might be possible to 'tone down' Moe's affection a bit using a squirt
bottle, but that is most certainly NOT something I would ever do.

Being affectionate is not being 'bad' and 'punishing' your cat for
loving you too much seems intuitively wrong, IMHO.
Old October 2nd 09, 12:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Gandalf" wrote

I would be very happy to have a 'clingy cat' such as Moe.

My Calico cat is very sweet, but very independent.

It might be possible to 'tone down' Moe's affection a bit using a squirt
bottle, but that is most certainly NOT something I would ever do.

Being affectionate is not being 'bad' and 'punishing' your cat for
loving you too much seems intuitively wrong, IMHO.

I had a cat who loved me but hated being touched for 18 years. I LOVE my
current "puppycat" who cannot get enough pettings or brushings. She would
rather be loved on than eat. If I were "ensoul" I might wait to see if Moe
takes to a friend or visitor, and find him a home with someone who likes a
lot of affection. It is clearly wasted on her.

Old October 2nd 09, 03:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Evangelical Eddie

ensoul wrote:
I have 2 brothers (indoor & neutered) Moe & Rudy....they both
love attention I can't sit down without having one them
sometimes both of them in my lap
... they race around all night

You have two very affectionate cats, and they get lots of
exercise. Sounds great.

no its too much with Moe he's non stop...cats can too clingy and he
is, drives me up the wall

Congrats, Ensoul. You've perhaps just discovered that trying to get
decent advice in this group is like trying to nail Jello to a wall.
There are a number of self-absorbed, narcissistic assholes in this
group who apparently think cats should own people. Don't get me
wrong, I love cats, but dammit, there's a limit, people. For example,
note the completely non-responsive "answer" you received above.

As for your overly affectionate and demanding cat, you may have to put
him up in a room to himself at nights to keep down the disruption. Be
sure to leave him some food, water, and a litter box. Cats are there
at our discretion. The people giving you an attitude should be
thanking you for putting up with the problem cat, rather than pushing
the animal off onto a shelter or out into the street.
Old October 2nd 09, 04:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cyberpurrs

ensoul wrote:
I have 2 brothers (indoor & neutered) Moe & Rudy....they both
love attention I can't sit down without having one them
sometimes both of them in my lap
... they race around all night

You have two very affectionate cats, and they get lots of
exercise. Sounds great.

no its too much with Moe he's non stop...cats can too clingy and he
is, drives me up the wall

Congrats, Ensoul. You've perhaps just discovered that trying to get
decent advice in this group is like trying to nail Jello to a wall.

Let me help you with this, asswipe. The consensus so far is that having an
affectionate, what "ensoul" calls "too clingy" cat is not a problem.

Don't agree? Offer some advice.

Everyone is a ****ing critic.

Old October 2nd 09, 04:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Evangelical Eddie

On Thu, 1 Oct 2009 23:14:27 -0400, "cyberpurrs"
wrote:

.. .

ensoul wrote:
I have 2 brothers (indoor & neutered) Moe & Rudy....they both
love attention I can't sit down without having one them
sometimes both of them in my lap
... they race around all night

You have two very affectionate cats, and they get lots of
exercise. Sounds great.

no its too much with Moe he's non stop...cats can too clingy and he
is, drives me up the wall

Congrats, Ensoul. You've perhaps just discovered that trying to get
decent advice in this group is like trying to nail Jello to a wall.

Let me help you with this, asswipe. The consensus so far is that having an
affectionate, what "ensoul" calls "too clingy" cat is not a problem.

A consensus by a bunch of self-righteous idiots? I'd hardly call that
convincing. The owner has a problem with a cat, and several stupid
pricks here try to tell the owner it's not really a problem. Huh? Are
you living in the OP's home? Where the **** do you people get off
passing judgment on the OP for trying to resolve a real problem with
their cat?

Don't agree? Offer some advice.

I did. You conveniently snipped it out.

Everyone is a ****ing critic.

Or like you, a ****ing idiot.

This group is a complete waste of disk space, because it's inhabited
by a bunch on nonsensical loonies.

Ensoul, always ask your vet for advice. These mentally unhinged
people who live in this group are a complete waste of time and effort.