Mischief vs Mayhem, Round 1

Old December 22nd 05, 07:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Mischief vs Mayhem, Round 1

Up to this point Mischief and Mayhem have been getting
along.....barely. As long as they both open the 2-3 foot perimeter
they are just fine and are coexisting

But the other day, while Mayhem was somewhere else, Mischief, who was
mad at not being able to be on my bed since Mayhem came back; snuck in
and hopped on the windowsill

She then took up her usual duties of staring out the window and
sniffing the night air. I then came back and got into bed to watch TV

Mayhem saw this and took it as her cue to jump up and demand scritches.
She did and Mischief started growling.

uh oh.....Round one was about to commense....

They both stared at each other for a while, Mischief growling and
hissing, with Mayhem answering with a few growls of her own.

Then suddenly Mayhem made her move. She dashed to where Mischief was
and swung her paw. Mischief evaded it and swiped back but also missed.
She growled really loud and let out a hiss and Mayhem retreated
jumping off the bed.

Later Mischief jumped to the floor to see if Mayhem was gone, at one
point she looked at me as if to say, "HA!" but she didn't see Mayhem
sneak up behind her and smell her butt. Mischief was outraged and
after a few more hisses and growls, ran out of my room. Mayhem then
jumped on my bed and Mrrrped and curled up next to me.

*sigh* They will get along eventually will they?

Kristi

Old December 22nd 05, 07:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Mischief wrote:
[...]

I'm sure they will, it's early days yet.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
A House is not a home, without a cat.

Old December 22nd 05, 07:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 22 Dec 2005 11:08:36 -0800, "Mischief"
yodeled:

[...]

They may-- or they may just settle down to an armed truce. I have to
say that I find Stinky's and Dante's relationship truly weird, sort of
like the Three Stooges in two cats. Or Martin and Lewis or Abbot and
Costello cats.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old December 25th 05, 11:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 22 Dec 2005 11:08:36 -0800, "Mischief"
wrote:

snip round one
*sigh* They will get along eventually will they?

May not be to encouraging for now, but LB, who refused to do anything
but hiss at Spot when I first let Spotty and her babies into the
apartment last spring, has just recently been seen actually grooming
Spot. I have to be careful that she doesn't realise I see her doing
this, or she stops immediately, but I think there may be hope that
they'll eventually get to like each other - in a few more years.
--
Steve Touchstone,
faithful servant of Sammy, Little Bit and Spot

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page:

Mayhem causing mayehm!! Mischief Cat anecdotes 4 July 5th 05 06:42 PM
Mayhem Update Mischief Cat anecdotes 6 June 30th 05 03:31 PM
Mayhem in my apartment Mischief Cat anecdotes 3 June 26th 05 03:01 AM
Last Year's Voyage Part 2 Mischief Cat anecdotes 0 April 22nd 05 04:42 PM
Voyage of the Mouser - a Night Raid CatNipped Cat anecdotes 50 August 27th 04 02:30 PM