Harri went road-catting again

Old August 17th 08, 08:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Daniel Mahoney

Default Harri went road-catting again

This afternoon Nancy and I decided we needed to run up to the storage
locker to get some stuff we needed. Nancy suggested bringing a kitty
along with us. Since Ranger didn't seem overly excited when he joined us
on our trip up to WI last weekend, we decided to bring Harri with us.

I hooked Harri up with her harness and leash and we loaded ourselves and
a litter box into the van. The storage facility is just 2 or 3 miles
away, so it was a short drive. I knew Harri wouldn't like the noise of
rolling the door open, so I suggested that Nancy take her for a walk.
Once they had turned the corner I opened the locker, got what we needed
and stuffed it in the van, then closed up again.

The storage facility is surrounded by soybean fields. Nancy and Harri
were way on the other side of the fields when I caught up to them. Harri
was a wonderful time, sniffing the plants and weeds looking for things
to pounce on. I had forgotten how much she enjoys her walks of
exploration. This time she was enjoying herself, in spite of the sun
being out.

We're going to have to do that more often. Especially before the snow
falls.
Old August 18th 08, 01:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Daniel Mahoney, you stop talking dirty, you know you shouldn't use those
four letter words!!!! S N O W

Old August 18th 08, 01:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Daniel Mahoney

In article ,
"Granby" wrote:

Daniel Mahoney, you stop talking dirty, you know you shouldn't use those
four letter words!!!! S N O W

But Harri and Ranger like the snow, sort of. Harri didn't used to care
for it, but this last winter any time I opened the doors to the back
yard I could count on finding the two of them outside getting cold.

Old August 18th 08, 03:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

[...]

It sounds wonderful! I've wondered if she would still enjoy going out.

--
Theresa, Stinky and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Old August 18th 08, 04:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Daniel Mahoney

It sounds wonderful! I've wondered if she would still enjoy going out.

She seemed less than excited when I first got her set up in her kittying
gear (harness and leash), but she warmed to the occasion when we got out
beside the soybean fields.

Old August 18th 08, 06:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Daniel Mahoney wrote:

But Harri and Ranger like the snow, sort of. Harri didn't used to
care for it, but this last winter any time I opened the doors to the
back yard I could count on finding the two of them outside getting
cold.

Nikki used to love going for walkies in the snow. It didn't matter if it
was up to her tummy, she would just plow on ahead. Here's a pictu

http://s120.photobucket.com/albums/o...nikkisnow2.jpg

Miranda doesn't mind snow either, though she has such short fur. She's
perfectly happy to lounge around out in the enclosure in the snow.

Old August 18th 08, 09:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=`[_2_]

"Marina"
Daniel Mahoney wrote:

But Harri and Ranger like the snow, sort of. Harri didn't used to
care for it, but this last winter any time I opened the doors to the
back yard I could count on finding the two of them outside getting
cold.

LOL

Nikki used to love going for walkies in the snow. It didn't matter if it
was up to her tummy, she would just plow on ahead. Here's a pictu

http://s120.photobucket.com/albums/o...nikkisnow2.jpg

Awwwww, what a darling picture

Miranda doesn't mind snow either, though she has such short fur. She's
perfectly happy to lounge around out in the enclosure in the snow.

Some of our former cats who are now at RB used to love to play in the snow.
I'd throw a snowball into the snow and they'd go nuts trying to find it G

Hug
Kyla

Old August 18th 08, 10:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Kyla =^..^=` wrote:

Some of our former cats who are now at RB used to love to play in
the snow. I'd throw a snowball into the snow and they'd go nuts
trying to find it G

LOL!! That's funny. How to mess with a cat's head.

--
Joyce ^..^

Old August 19th 08, 07:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Daniel Mahoney wrote:

The storage facility is surrounded by soybean fields. Nancy and Harri
were way on the other side of the fields when I caught up to them. Harri
was a wonderful time, sniffing the plants and weeds looking for things
to pounce on. I had forgotten how much she enjoys her walks of
exploration. This time she was enjoying herself, in spite of the sun
being out.

That's cute. I'm glad she had a good time!

--
Joyce ^..^