Felix's Wounded Pride

Old March 26th 04, 06:52 AM
Seanette Blaylock

Default Felix's Wounded Pride

Felix frequently hops up on the edge of the tub while I'm soaking. He
seems to want attention and water in about equal quantities [and has
been known to taste-test bubble bath :-)].

This evening, he tried to get up there, slipped, and partially fell
in. He did manage to pull himself out with only his tail, tummy, and a
couple of paws wet. He's fine, just grooming himself and sulking.

Meowmie escaped uninjured. In fact, I had the very strong impression
that he was trying to avoid me as much as possible instead of using my
leg as a pawhold to get up.

Good kitty. :-)

--
"Don't mess with major appliances unless you know what you are doing
(or unless your life insurance policy is up-to-date)." - John, RCFL
Old March 26th 04, 07:54 AM
Hopitus2

I, too, have shared with you the non-fun of having one of your furry
dictators slip by accident into the bath water.....I'd say one of the more
challenging scenes for "I meant to do that, you know".......

"Seanette Blaylock" wrote in
message ...
:
: This evening, he tried to get up there, slipped, and partially fell
: in. He did manage to pull himself out with only his tail, tummy, and a
: couple of paws wet. He's fine, just grooming himself and sulking.
:
: Meowmie escaped uninjured. In fact, I had the very strong impression
: that he was trying to avoid me as much as possible instead of using my
: leg as a pawhold to get up.
:
: Good kitty. :-)
:
: --

Old March 26th 04, 02:27 PM
Kreisleriana

On Thu, 25 Mar 2004 22:52:22 -0800, Seanette Blaylock
yodeled:

Felix frequently hops up on the edge of the tub while I'm soaking. He
seems to want attention and water in about equal quantities [and has
been known to taste-test bubble bath :-)].

This evening, he tried to get up there, slipped, and partially fell
in. He did manage to pull himself out with only his tail, tummy, and a
couple of paws wet. He's fine, just grooming himself and sulking.

Poor fellow. This seems like an EveryCat kind of thing-- something
like that has happened to every cat I've had. They like to live
dangerously around the tub rim. They're fascinated by the water or
they like the scent of whatever you've put in there, or they just like
to keep you company while you soak.
My little Mimi (RB) was very tiny, and used to sit very neatly on the
rim with her paws all around her with her tail wrapped around her, and
looked, as always, very pleased with herself. Once she jumped up and
slipped, fell in, and I swear to God-- levitated directly up in the
air about three feet above the water surface (taking some water with
her, a la Looney Toons cartoons), then made a perfect right angle as
she flew out the door in a black-and-white streak.

Theresa

Single-mindedness is all very well in cows or baboons; in an animal
claiming to belong to the same species as Shakespeare it is simply disgraceful.
(Aldous Huxley)
Old March 26th 04, 03:44 PM
badwilson

Ahhhh, to have a bath tub...sigh ;-)
--
Britta, longing for a soak in water that isn't the salty ocean or the
chlorinated pool

Sandpaper kisses, a cuddle and a purr. I have an alarm clock that's covered
in fur!
Check out pictures of Vino at:

"Seanette Blaylock" wrote in
message ...

Old March 26th 04, 07:01 PM
Jo Firey

Tell Dennis! Surely you can find someplace to go on one of your trips that
involved an overnight at a place with a really nice tub.

Have to share your fantasy's to get them fulfilled.

Jo
"badwilson" wrote in message
Ahhhh, to have a bath tub...sigh ;-)

Old March 27th 04, 12:54 AM
JoJo

A few of my past cats have done that little "I really meant to do that"
move - I was always in tears after from laughing so hard, especially when
they walk away, nonchalantly, and share their back feet off at the same
time.

One of the fosters I had last summer jumped into a bucket of water. Luckily
it wasn't hot or deep. Damn did she get out fast, same thing though - the
"I meant to do that" look, although after the initial shock wore off I was
again laughing my butt off.

None of the latest crew have tried it yet, but Mama Zoo is a candidate, she
sits on the edge of the tub while I'm taking a shower. Tiny Shorty was in
there when I turned the water on once, kept backing away, but didn't get
wet, although I'm waiting for it to happen to him too.

JoJo
http://home.comcast.net/~zookeepr/fosters.html

"Seanette Blaylock" wrote in
message ...

Old March 27th 04, 02:38 AM
badwilson

Oh, sure, in hotels. But it's not the same as soaking at home after a
really hard workout. Mind you, none of our bathrooms have air-conditioning,
so it would be pretty hot sitting in hot water in a hot room. But then
again, it would be quite refreshing to soak in a cool tub :-)
--
Britta

"Jo Firey" wrote in message
Tell Dennis! Surely you can find someplace to go on one of your trips

that
involved an overnight at a place with a really nice tub.

Have to share your fantasy's to get them fulfilled.

Jo
"badwilson" wrote in message
Ahhhh, to have a bath tub...sigh ;-)

Old March 27th 04, 11:25 AM
jmcquown

Seanette Blaylock wrote:
Felix frequently hops up on the edge of the tub while I'm soaking. He
seems to want attention and water in about equal quantities [and has
been known to taste-test bubble bath :-)].

This evening, he tried to get up there, slipped, and partially fell
in. He did manage to pull himself out with only his tail, tummy, and a
couple of paws wet. He's fine, just grooming himself and sulking.

Meowmie escaped uninjured. In fact, I had the very strong impression
that he was trying to avoid me as much as possible instead of using my
leg as a pawhold to get up.

Good kitty. :-)

ROFL! Persia walks around the edge of the tub when I'm showering and seems
surprised if she gets splashed. If I'm taking a bubble bath she often
sticks her nose in and then starts sneezing. She looks at me like "Mom,
what the hell are you doing in that stuff?" It's funny. She has yet to
fall into the tub or shower, but I expect it any time.

Jill

Old March 27th 04, 11:31 AM
jmcquown

badwilson wrote:
Ahhhh, to have a bath tub...sigh ;-)

Oh yes, I recall when we lived in Bangkok we had a really big shower in the
1st floor bathroom of the house. But Dad never could figure out how to get
the gas water heater unit lit so it was *cold* showers. That was okay,
because it is so terribly hot over there.

We did have a bath tub on the 2nd floor. I remember my parents went out for
a night and I ran my bath and my middle brother made sure I didn't have the
water too hot (heh, like a 9 year old wouldn't know how to tell that).
Anyway, this huge waterbug flew off the high window-sill and landed on his
neck. He freaked out, slapped at it, his glasses went flying and he ran
screaming from the bathroom. Hmmmm. I don't know what happened to the
waterbug. I took my bath, then went to read before I went to bed. LOL

We should have had a cat. Persia chases down those damn big bugs and
considers them tasty snacks

Jill

"Seanette Blaylock" wrote in
message ...

Old March 27th 04, 10:06 PM
Seanette Blaylock

"jmcquown" had some very interesting things
to say about Felix's Wounded Pride:

ROFL! Persia walks around the edge of the tub when I'm showering and seems
surprised if she gets splashed. If I'm taking a bubble bath she often
sticks her nose in and then starts sneezing. She looks at me like "Mom,
what the hell are you doing in that stuff?" It's funny. She has yet to
fall into the tub or shower, but I expect it any time.

You could do what one now-AWOL poster did once to explain the matter
to her cat. She was in the tub and the cat came in with the usual
confused look, so the human turned her head and licked her own
shoulder. The cat seemed to get it. :-)