OT - totally - but deeply thought-provoking

Old March 29th 04, 05:47 PM
Jette Goldie

"Hopitus2" wrote in message
I went all the way to the end. Am now nauseous. Most disturbing thing I've
seen in years. Not Chernobyl, this young female exploring it, noting
geiger-counter readings, believing as evidently others do that radiation

on
this scale can be "washed off chemically" (I don't care if her father was

Nobel prize winner; the 1/2 life, for example, of say, nuclear isotope
radium is 50 years). I sincerely pray that she has no plans to reproduce

as
the job she's done on her cells w/ ionizing radiation is irreversible. Did
you know that pilots do not even fly over that area, as at least one
developed fatal leukemia after doing so? Nuclear reactor
radiation is something you can't even compare to "being x-ray'd

medically".
(Barf).

Well, I did think to myself as I read it "I hope she doesn't
plan to have children".... but then I thought "she seems
the kind to want to remain childfree anyway".

--
Jette
"Work for Peace and remain Fiercely Loving" - Jim Byrnes

http://www.jette.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Old March 30th 04, 12:42 AM
m. L. Briggs

On 28 Mar 2004 14:01:23 GMT, omcom
(dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers) wrote:

http://www.angelfire.com/extreme4/kiddofspeed/

It's the story of a motorcycle ride through Chernobyl.

Cheers, helen s

**$o m$

I had the feeling that she is totally aware of the danger to herself
and is "offering herself" so the world may know, This was fascinating
reading. I wish her well.