Get the Bug!

Old March 29th 04, 12:43 AM
Kreisleriana

On Sun, 28 Mar 2004 15:47:35 -0600, "jmcquown"
yodeled:

JoJo wrote:
Very cute, Tiny Shorty resembles her a little. Unfortunately I don't
have any current pics of him on my website (bad mommy).

As for the bug story, my old house used to get centipedes - God those
things just give me the willies, I hate them! *shiver* Anyway, I'm
in the basement, held captive by one, here comes Tyrone. I'm
standing there in bare feet, the last thing I want is for this creepy
crawly to actually touch my skin. Tyrone doesn't see it, I'm hopping
around telling him to "kill it, kill it, kill it" and he's totally
oblivious. I think I found something to finally drop on the thing.

ROFL! I am the same way about those huge water bugs. One was walking
towards me when I was in the bathtub... I leaped (naked and dripping water)
about 4 feet over it and ran to the other room. Went to the kitchen and
grabbed some bug spray and chased the damn thing all around the toilet,
spraying like mad.

Persia wasn't with me then. She likes to eat them. Grosses me out, but
what the heck

Jill

I can't deal with those things. They are just too damn big. IMO,
they are pushing the insect boundary. I can't deal with the SQUISH.
UUUUUGH, I shudder just thinking about them.

Theresa

Single-mindedness is all very well in cows or baboons; in an animal
claiming to belong to the same species as Shakespeare it is simply disgraceful.
(Aldous Huxley)
Old March 29th 04, 02:31 AM
jmcquown

JoJo wrote:
he's totally oblivious. I think I found something to finally drop
on the thing.

ROFL! I am the same way about those huge water bugs.
Persia wasn't with me then. She likes to eat them. Grosses me out,
but
what the heck

Jill

I can't deal with those things. They are just too damn big. IMO,
they are pushing the insect boundary. I can't deal with the SQUISH.

CRUNCH They crunch. It's disgusting!

Old March 29th 04, 07:26 AM
badwilson

"Kreisleriana" wrote in message
On Sun, 28 Mar 2004 08:55:33 -0600, "jmcquown"
yodeled:

It's so funny... I can call Persia to pounce on, play with or otherwise
bother any little bug that gets in my house. Last night I was in the
bathroom and saw a silverfish in the bathtub. "PERSIA! Come here!" She
came running. Meow? I tapped the tub. She jumped up, saw the bug...

got
into the tub and started batting it around. They stand no chance with

her
on guard. Gotta love the kitty-bug-alarm!

Jill

It's interesting that she comes when you call at all. A lot of them
don't or they have mastered that selective-hearing thing. Stinky
always comes unless he is in a deep sleep, always cutely chirping. He
expects food or love.

Vino comes when I call him for stuff like that. Bugs, lizards or other cats
outside. I think he can tell if my voice sounds excited and then he comes.
But if I just call him to come sit by me on the couch or something when he's
otherwise occupied, all I get is the ear-swivel and nothing more.
--
Britta
Sandpaper kisses, a cuddle and a purr. I have an alarm clock that's covered

Old March 29th 04, 03:01 PM
Kreisleriana

On Sun, 28 Mar 2004 19:31:52 -0600, "jmcquown"
yodeled:

JoJo wrote:
he's totally oblivious. I think I found something to finally drop
on the thing.

ROFL! I am the same way about those huge water bugs.
Persia wasn't with me then. She likes to eat them. Grosses me out,
but
what the heck

Jill

I can't deal with those things. They are just too damn big. IMO,
they are pushing the insect boundary. I can't deal with the SQUISH.

CRUNCH They crunch. It's disgusting!

It's horrifying.

Apropos, I saw a National Geographic program last night about
mongooses (mongeese?) and they were eating (along with everything
else) some really enormous beetles, practically the size of Buicks.
They seemed to make a substantial meal.

Hey, back to eating bugs again.