Taz the parakeet died

Old October 25th 03, 04:57 PM
jmcquown

Default Taz the parakeet died

Thanks for all the purrs, but Taz died this morning

I don't know what happened. She recovered nicely after her brief illness a
week or so ago.

But having had 'keets since 1966, I can tell you the multi-coloured ones
(predominantly white) are weaker and don't tend to live as long as the blue
and the green.

She wasn't at the bottom of her cage when I uncovered her. But I noticed
drops of blood on her water dish. And blood on her face, like she'd been
preening a sore. I couldn't find the source of the blood. But I
immediately moved her to the smaller cage and turned on the heat lamp. I
dosed her with some ornacycline. She was okay. I was in the back, packing
up some old clothes to give to Salvation Army. Then the FedEx guy knocked
on the door. I signed for a package and then... I saw her.

Taz was on the bottom of the cage, feet up. Awwwww

I'm going to have to find a box and start digging a grave underneath the
hedges out back. Poor little girl. I'll miss her; she was such a sweet
bird. And Ray gave her to me after Lorien died. This time I won't let him
get me another bird. I still have Rachel, my blue budgie... she's nearly
10!

Jill

Old October 25th 03, 05:31 PM
Victor Martinez

So sorry for your loss.

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Old October 25th 03, 06:36 PM
Marina

"jmcquown" wrote
Thanks for all the purrs, but Taz died this morning

I'm so sorry, Jill. Condolences and soothing purrs coming over.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki
Old October 25th 03, 06:42 PM
Nan

On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 10:57:41 -0500, "jmcquown"
wrote:

[...]

Jill, I'm so sorry to hear about Taz. I found one of mine sitting on
the perch with his little head in his seed cup. He was ok when I
covered the cage the night before, but he was cold when I uncovered
the cage the next morning. I don't know whether or not budgies go to
the bridge, but if they do he's probably flying around and chirping.
Again, you have my sympathy.

Nan
Old October 25th 03, 07:01 PM
Ginger-lyn Summer

wrote:

[...]

{{{{Jill}}}} I'm so sorry about Taz :-( Purrs flying underneath her
wings for her journey to the Bridge, and healing purrs for you to get
through the grief.

Ginger-lyn

Old October 25th 03, 07:53 PM
Dan Mahoney

I'm going to have to find a box and start digging a grave underneath the
hedges out back. Poor little girl. I'll miss her; she was such a sweet
bird. And Ray gave her to me after Lorien died. This time I won't let him
get me another bird. I still have Rachel, my blue budgie... she's nearly
10!

Jill

We are so very sorry. Comforting purrs enroute your way, and we'll light
a candle to ease her journey to the Bridge.

Dan

Old October 25th 03, 08:06 PM
Steve Touchstone

On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 10:57:41 -0500, in rec.pets.cats.anecdotes you
wrote:

Thanks for all the purrs, but Taz died this morning

snip

So sorry to hear this. Lighting a candle for Taz' trip to the RB, and
sending comforting purrs for to you.
--
Steve Touchstone,
remove Junk for email
Old October 25th 03, 09:07 PM
jmcquown

wrote:

[...]

I'm pretty sure yours and mine are flying around the bridge, welcoming the
cats and dogs and probably dive-bombing at them both Thanks for the good
thoughts.

Jill

Old October 25th 03, 09:47 PM
Nan

wrote:

[...]

Knowing mine he's probably swearing at the d*gs.

Nan

Old October 25th 03, 09:51 PM
Steve Touchstone

On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 12:42:33 -0500, Nan
wrote:

snip

the cage the next morning. I don't know whether or not budgies go to
the bridge, but if they do he's probably flying around and chirping.
Again, you have my sympathy.

Nan

Nan, I figure that any of our companions who show such distinct
personalities are bound for the RB. I've had several birds over the
years, mainly because being single and in the Army it was always
easier to find someone to care for them when I had to deploy
somewhere. They've all had very distinct personalities, despite what
some who are unfamiliar with birds seems to think.
--
Steve Touchstone,
remove Junk for email