Pam S & Family in Lawton

Old June 16th 04, 04:16 AM
Steve Touchstone

On 15 Jun 2004 06:26:24 GMT, itty (Sherry ) wrote:

It was fun. Of course, getting to see Sammy was such a treat too. I think she
did amazingly well. She was apprehensive, but I think she did great.

I was a little surprised she was so shy. When someone comes to the
apartment she's right there keeping an eye on them, and usually comes
to greet them after a few minutes. Guess I shouldn't have been
surpised, though, she was in a strange place and there were more new
people than she used to.
Pam's family is great. Her kids are bright, and fun to talk to. She & Rob make
you feel that you've always known them after 5 minutes.

I'll second that, they were all great. Michael was the only one Sammy
let pet her, though Amanda did rate a sniff. She probably would have
been able to pet her too, but someone walked by and Sammy darted back
to her safe zone in the carrier.
The raccoon got Sammy's Fancy Feast???

Part of it, at least. I put the bowl in her carrier with half the can,
and she must have eaten that while we were eating. The rest was in a
ziplock baggy by the picnic table, and the coons must have gotten to
it while we were over taking pix. I didn't realise it until I was
home. No big loss, though, since Sammy got her usual half can I've
been giving her as treat to make going for rides more attractive. LB
may have been a little put out, though, since she's been waiting for
us to get back from rides expecting to get a taste, and I threw away
the little bit that the coons didn't eat.
Unfortunately, after we got a couple of miles down the road, a big raccoon ran
right in front of us and we hit it :-( I can't believe they are so
overpopulated They were everywhere.

And they certainly expected food to be forthcoming there in the
campgrounds. I hate driving in the Refuge at night, even at the posted
35mph nightime speed limit, since it's so dark it's hard to see,
especially since I have terrible night vision. It's even worse in cold
weather, since the bison sometimes sleep on the pavement to get some
of the daytime heat. They're just about impossible to see, and don't
move out of the way.
Here's one of the pictures I took. Unfortunately, all I got was a couple of
group shots since it was dark before we got settled. If you want me to email
the rest to you, just let me know.
http://members.aol.com/greywolf17/rpca.jpg

What a motley crew, huh?

Turned out better than I expected though, as dark as it was. For
everyone else, when it came time to take pix we headed for the nearest
light, which just happened to be in front of the latrines LOL
--
Steve Touchstone,

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page:

Old June 16th 04, 04:24 AM
Sam Nash

"Sherry " wrote in message
[...]

Sherry

Great pic, Sherry. Thanks for posting it.
Sam

Old June 16th 04, 04:31 AM
Jeanne Hedge

On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 22:16:51 -0500, Steve Touchstone
wrote:

On 15 Jun 2004 06:26:24 GMT, itty (Sherry ) wrote:

Here's one of the pictures I took. Unfortunately, all I got was a couple of
group shots since it was dark before we got settled. If you want me to email
the rest to you, just let me know.
http://members.aol.com/greywolf17/rpca.jpg

What a motley crew, huh?

Turned out better than I expected though, as dark as it was. For
everyone else, when it came time to take pix we headed for the nearest
light, which just happened to be in front of the latrines LOL

Would someone please identify who is who in the picture?

Jeanne Hedge, as directed by Natasha

http://www.jhedge.com

Old June 16th 04, 05:37 AM
Steve Touchstone

On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 22:31:49 -0500, Jeanne Hedge
wrote:

Would someone please identify who is who in the picture?

In front, from left to right: Sherry, Pam, and Amanda (Pam's daughter)
back l to r: Pam's son Michael and husband Rob, and I'm the dude in
baseball cap and overalls

Sherry's DH was taking the pic
--
Steve Touchstone,