And you thought the two-legged kids made things awkward...

Old August 10th 04, 03:21 AM
Singh

Default And you thought the two-legged kids made things awkward...

I am not sure that there is any delicate way to say this... but cats
have, um, a UNIQUE way of communicating...

Last night Hubby and I were settling in for some alone time, when Hubby
gets goosed by a very cold, wet nose right where the Good Lord split
him. Scared the devil out of him. Roxie seems to have decided she wanted
to have a closer relationship with Papa, so she comes around and sniffs
his butt; and the next morning, wakes him up by very generously offering
her butt for Hubby to sniff, dead center on the face, polite little girl
that she is.

What is it with cats and the behind, anyway? I've noticed a pattern.
Roxie seems to offer her heinie to Hubby, and Stosh, the mama's boy, is
always turning tail to me. I think the kids have concrete gender
preferences. Except when there's ham; then it's every sandwich-eater for
himself.

Blessed be,

Baha

Old August 10th 04, 03:43 AM
Magic Mood Jeep©

Reminds me of when Smokey ventured into the bedroom on a Saturday AM, when
DH & I were *trying* to sleep in. She hopped up onto the bed, and was
sniffing around (the way that cats do sometime), looking for a place to call
her own. When she got to where DH rear end was under the covers, DH let
loose with a rather volumous fart. To look on Smokey's face was priceless!
Her eyes got HUGE, she shook her head (probably trying to clear away the
stink), and then actually *dived* off the bed & fled the room.

We ended up not sleeping in as my giggle-fit woke DH. I was laughing so
hard I almost fell off the bed - or maybe it was the fumes that got to me &
I almost passed out?

--
The ONE and ONLY
in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)©

Old August 10th 04, 06:05 AM

Singh wrote:

Last night Hubby and I were settling in for some alone time,
when Hubby gets goosed by a very cold, wet nose right where the
Good Lord split him.

LOL - there's a way of describing the butt that's new to me.

Here's a related story:

There's this house in Berkeley (California) where the owners have a hot
tub in their back yard, and they allow people in the area to come in and
use it without an invitation. All you need to know is the gate lock's
combination, or know someone who knows the combination. Various people
do know it, without knowing the people who live there - over time, the
combination has gotten around. Sooner or later, you run into someone who
can get you in.

Anyway, one evening last year, exactly that happened to me. I was taking
a singing class, and it turned out that someone in the class knew the
combination. Our class met near where the hot tub owners lived, so we
all trooped over there after class and went inside.

It's a nudity-only hot tub - they don't want threads and other stuff
from people's bathing suits getting into the filter. Also, you have to
be absolutely silent while you're there - no talking whatsoever - so
you won't bother the people who live there. So there I was, butt cheeks
to the wind, waiting for the tub to empty out a bit so I could have a
turn. Suddenly, I felt something that I was *sure* was someone's finger
probing my butt! I turned around fast, ready to whack the jerk over the
head (silence be damned), but no one was there. Huh?! Then I looked
down, and there, sitting on a bench right behind me, was a big, black
fluffy, and *very* friendly cat. I was so relieved I almost burst
out laughing. Kitty and I then had a nice little bonding session.

By the way, these people keep their hot tub at *113* degrees (45 C),
which I think was one way of ensuring that nobody stayed there for too
long. (Though their heating bill must have been high!) There's no way
you could stand to be in that water longer than about 3 minutes. I
never even made it in past my shins, it was so scaldingly hot. Nice
kitty, though.

Joyce

Old August 10th 04, 03:23 PM
Singh

"Magic Mood Jeep©" wrote:

Reminds me of when Smokey ventured into the bedroom on a Saturday AM, when
DH & I were *trying* to sleep in. She hopped up onto the bed, and was
sniffing around (the way that cats do sometime), looking for a place to call
her own. When she got to where DH rear end was under the covers, DH let
loose with a rather volumous fart. To look on Smokey's face was priceless!
Her eyes got HUGE, she shook her head (probably trying to clear away the
stink), and then actually *dived* off the bed & fled the room.

I have tears streaming down my face now from laughing!

Right around the new year we'd gone to the in-laws where Mama Singh had whipped
up a voluminous Indian dinner. Voluminous both in amount, for there are seven
young Singhs-the first of whom I married-and two sons-in-law and two-legged
grandkids; and voluminous in aftereffect. Mama Singh served Daal, a thick stew
of lentils, and rajmah, which is like baked beans except it's in curry sauce.
Can you imagine the combined effects of curry and beans? We had Chernobyl
melting down by bedtime. We didn't have Roxie yet, and Stosh was sleeping with
us until Louie cut one that could have blown the roof off. Stosh went flying
with his tail all brushed out and this look on his face like, "What the HELL was
that?!"

When we got Roxie a couple weeks later, we discoverred, much to our noses'
chagrin, that she can be a little gasbag. You think dogs have a bad reputation?

"Aww, JEEZIS Liz, what did you EAT earlier?"
"Don't look at ME, Sandy and I went for sushi."
"That is NOT sushi. I smell nasty eggs!"
"You smelt it, you dealt it!"

And then we heard the dainty "pffft" that only a little lady like Roxie could
make, and the room suddenly smelled like a frat house after a kegger. It was so
nasty that Roxie herself left the room!

Blessings,

Baha