Pearl again

Old November 30th 05, 08:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Pearl again

OK, we went for a fructosomine test today. My vet called me afterwards. I
knew that was not good news. The results won't be back for a couple of days,
but she said Pearl's serum is not clear like it should be but like
strawberry milk which just is a real indication she will probably need to go
on insulin. Gad. I just want her to feel better but jeez is this poor cat
EVER going to catch a break? Just had to vent.

Karen

Old November 30th 05, 09:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Karen wrote:
OK, we went for a fructosomine test today. My vet called me
afterwards. I knew that was not good news. The results won't be back
for a couple of days, but she said Pearl's serum is not clear like it
should be but like strawberry milk which just is a real indication
she will probably need to go on insulin. Gad. I just want her to feel
better but jeez is this poor cat EVER going to catch a break? Just
had to vent.

Karen

Mega purrs for Pearl.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
A House is not a home, without a cat.

Old November 30th 05, 10:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Karen wrote:

OK, we went for a fructosomine test today. My vet called me afterwards. I
knew that was not good news. The results won't be back for a couple of days,
but she said Pearl's serum is not clear like it should be but like
strawberry milk which just is a real indication she will probably need to go
on insulin. Gad. I just want her to feel better but jeez is this poor cat
EVER going to catch a break? Just had to vent.

Karen

Purrs for both you and Pearl, Karen. You have both had a tough time of
it lately.

Julie, Hobbes, Selena, Lacey, Sam and Barnabus

Old November 30th 05, 10:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 14:10:41 -0600, Karen wrote:

OK, we went for a fructosomine test today. My vet called me afterwards. I
knew that was not good news. The results won't be back for a couple of
days, but she said Pearl's serum is not clear like it should be but like
strawberry milk which just is a real indication she will probably need to
go on insulin. Gad. I just want her to feel better but jeez is this poor
cat EVER going to catch a break? Just had to vent.

Karen

Sending lots of get-well purrs. MLB
Old November 30th 05, 10:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Karen" wrote in message
OK, we went for a fructosomine test today. My vet called me afterwards. I
knew that was not good news. The results won't be back for a couple of
days,
but she said Pearl's serum is not clear like it should be but like
strawberry milk which just is a real indication she will probably need to
go
on insulin. Gad. I just want her to feel better but jeez is this poor cat
EVER going to catch a break? Just had to vent.

Karen

Purrs to Pearl from Rusty

Winnie

Old November 30th 05, 11:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Wed 30 Nov 2005 03:10:41p, Karen wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
m):

OK, we went for a fructosomine test today. My vet called me
afterwards. I knew that was not good news. The results won't be
back for a couple of days, but she said Pearl's serum is not
clear like it should be but like strawberry milk which just is a
real indication she will probably need to go on insulin. Gad. I
just want her to feel better but jeez is this poor cat EVER
going to catch a break? Just had to vent.

Karen

Vent away sweetie! Maybe after a while on insulin she can get some
help with just diet? Though, I know it isn't easy to have to change a
diet, either.

--
Cheryl
Old December 1st 05, 12:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

oh, dear, at least you are finding out what the matter is though.

--
There are many intelligent species in the Universe. They are all owned by
cats.

Anonymous

One cat just leads to another. -Ernest Hemingway

Old December 1st 05, 02:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Purrs for both you and Pearl, Karen. You have both had a tough time of
it lately.

Many purrs

--Fil + Nocturne, Smokey, Kumani and Tyche

Old December 1st 05, 03:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Karen" wrote in message
OK, we went for a fructosomine test today. My vet called me afterwards. I
knew that was not good news. The results won't be back for a couple of

days,
but she said Pearl's serum is not clear like it should be but like
strawberry milk which just is a real indication she will probably need to

go
on insulin. Gad. I just want her to feel better but jeez is this poor cat
EVER going to catch a break? Just had to vent.

Karen

Purrs that Pearl's problems will get better.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old December 1st 05, 04:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Karen" wrote:

she will probably need to go
on insulin. Gad. I just want her to feel better but jeez is this poor cat
EVER going to catch a break?

She certainly has had it a little rough lately, hasn't she?

Is she completely off systemic steroids, so there isn't anything
like that which is contributing to high glucose numbers right
now?

From what I hear, giving a cat insulin isn't too difficult, but
it sure adds another complication. Hope you can get her
regulated and feeling like her old self before long.

--

Wayne, with special purrformances by Will and Heidi

*sigh* Pearl Karen Cat anecdotes 25 October 13th 05 04:26 AM
both burning now, John and Pearl grasped the good squares near elder jar Brave Refined Pansy Cat anecdotes 0 September 13th 05 03:23 PM
The never ending Perils of Pearl Karen Cat anecdotes 26 August 2nd 05 07:13 PM
UPDATE on Pearl Karen Cat anecdotes 10 June 16th 05 10:34 PM
Off in the morning...Pearl sneezing again Julie Cook Cat anecdotes 2 December 23rd 04 05:51 PM